supercat: don dada

seeking

after downloading 15 different copies of this song, and never finding the one that i want, im now turning to the center of the universe for help.

someone must know what im talking about. its like a remix of the song, with 'the bridge is over' thrown in. TEARZ? anyone?

and if anyone wants to suggest some good dancehall shit, hook it up. im a fan of murder songs and 'im a badass' songs. songs about girls usually and anything with 'punani' in the title tend to be let downs.

thats all.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest TEARZ

i think it's "ghetto red hot" homey.... and that shit is ferocious. i have three copies of the original 12" if anyone's interested for a trade (seeking)... hehe. but to my recollection the remix has the punks jump up to get beat down beat with another really popular beat in there too. shit, i can't remember exactly... hmmm, haven't broken that one out in a minute, let me check... i'll get something for you for sure man.... if it's a single off of the album don dada (which was dope), i'm betting that it was ghetto red hot, which was the big one, although the title track was big too. like i said, i'll go break out that record and get back to you.

Guest TEARZ

ok, the don dada remix sounds a little bride is overish, but it ain't it... but i was right about the ghetto red hot remix, punks jump up all the way....

see, the thing is, i have about a 4 second sample in my head, and thats what im going on. i know it goes 'don dada, something something supercat, da don dada' something like that, and its fuckin rugged. i downloaded 'don dada' proper, and it was way too light. since i can only remember the one little part, im thinking it have just been a sample thrown in the middle of something else, i dont know. but i do know that the piano from 'bridge is over' was in there.

tearz, im assuming you have a grip of old (87-94) hip hop, but if theres something your looking for in specific, lemme know. i might have it and considering i havent touched most my records in two years, theres a decent chance i might part with it.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

seeks...

i was all like, "what the truck is he talkin about?!?! there was no remix released (i didnt/dont think) with the bridge is over in the background..." but then i git the same 4 second snippet stuck in my head. i think what we could be hearing/thinking was off an AV8 or battle record/break record.

possible?

Sounds familar, but i can't place it, let me check my files.

heres some shit to check out:

Buju Banton - 6 Million Ways to Die

-Champion

Vegas, beenie Man - Heads High (remix)

Beenie Man - World Gone Mad

Buju, Tenor Saw - Ring the Alarm (Remix)

Tenow Saw - Pull up Selector

Supercat, Cutty Ranks - Kill Dem (Spartan Remix) (goes through several hip hop beats, no KRS-1 though)

Beenie Man, Mr. Vegas - Rock Reggae

Barrinton Levy, Cutty Ranks - Dancehall Rock

Look up Elephant man, Sean Paul, Capelton, Bounty Killer as well as the above individually. Dancehall is great but one artist can do some shitty songs but then come up with a couple great ones, plus there so many remixes it ridiculous......

• 19 years later...
3 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Always hated that word lol. Also how do classic threads get lost and never return but stupid pointless ones with a single page can pop back up after 10 years lol. 

Since you don’t like punani, do you like the pianist?

• Like 1