should high school kids work?

Mr. Mang

i was just looking at all the work threads and i was wondering what you think about parents making their kids get jobs during school.

my parents have wanted me to get a job for a year or two now. they think it would be "good" for me to be more social and get "experience". i keep on telling them i barely survive school (for both grade and social reasons. i don't like the drama). so yeah i tell them that and they just think i'm lazy and they get pissed off. maybe if i had to support my family or something, but i don't.

what do you think about parents wanting their kids to get jobs durung the school year? i'm mainly talking about high school.

i just think it's bullshit. i've got a good 40 + years to go to (and hate) work. why start now when i don't have to?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

No shit kids should work.

they shouldn't have a 'real' job until 14-16.

But they should do something. I reffed soccer games for 10$ a pop.

Not bad to be a 13 year old with 50$ a week.

and for the older teens...

NOBODY like that guy who mooches your smokes, food and weed.

Get a job picasso!

Guest --zeSto--

in college...

WORK AT A BAR

not a restaurant, not fast food,

work at a pub or nightclub near campus,

as a bartender or security.

now that's pussy.

i was just thinking about this. see i'm a supervisor at a store and i figured that i would get my sister's lazy ass a job there. but they have a rule against siblings working together..."conflict of interest". so guess what? instead they are thinking about hiring a 17 year old. that is bull shit. she looked so....not hyped at all. she looked like the type of person that you can boss around and do the job but not go the extra mile. uhhg, and i have to interview her too. wonderful. +

Archived