Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mental invalid

whose got my extra for the white stripes in NYC

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dam internet.....

no i was quite serious, it gives me stupid chuckles each time....i dunno why, i mean you know its coming and all...but yeah rage no sarcasm...

but if you dont have an extra, get the fuck out this thread...

(now that was sarcasm, or was it?)

Originally posted by mental invalid

but if you dont have an extra, get the fuck out this thread...

(now that was sarcasm, or was it?)

didn't sound like it. You're right..damn internet. maybe we need like and INSERT <sarcasm> thing.

...fucking show is tonite an no leads...notta goddam one...dont know what im gonna do...saw em on letterman the other nite though, and it was pretty rocking....figured id bump it one more time....

so bizzzzz....ump

the end result

i know some of you were losing sleep wondering what ever happened....when we last left our hero, he was desperate for an extra to the sold out show, confused and lost, facing no solid future and $300 scalpers....

part two:

....i decided to go down and give it a whirl....it was insane....make a long story short.....i got tickets....for $17.....at the door.....it was fucking great....our hero triumphant in his greatest hour of going to a sold out show..

yeah anyways not sure if you doods knew this....i didnt....but apparently aside from the cool bands that leave extras for day of fans, most of the time the day of there are a pocket of tickets left over from credit cards that do not clear...i was not aware of this until last week, when a friend of mine, explained that he got tickets to radiohead at roseland last year using this trick....so i thought id share...

end conclusion.....go see em....the show was fucking great and they fucking rock....i was extremely impressed with the fact that its only a duo, but the sound they create is incredible...jack white floored me on guitar....passionate playing......fierce and loud, but always tight, never sloppy...doesnt even compare to style in the studio....honestly he wailed....gotta remember hes schooled, and i mean "phd" in blues, and so he picks apart all those blues scales wonderfully......he also plays the occasional piano, and his vocals were great...energy was bursting...he uses three mics which allow various vocal sounds...good use

and meg, well lets just say your hero has a new crush...:love2: ....seriously, what is it about girls playing drums or bass? i think its the sexiest thing in the world....throw in the fact that the her playing was tight and her ability to hold a groove and a beat, and her style of playing was great...head all cocked to the side, nonchalant, but never let up on the hit of the skins...great....they supply her with microphones all over her drum kit too so not a sound is lost...does some light singing herself too....crackling siren....

but the best was how they played together....so tight, knowing where the other one is going or coming from...they make alot of bands look like they could use some more practice...

the set was an hour and i knew maybe a few tunes....but i didnt feel short and didnt feel like i didnt know any of the tunes...they strung them beautifuly together....sometimes taking no breath b/w songs and other times just letting silence fill in the gaps....but always with purpose...

they also busted out dylans Isis.....after my i picked my jaw up pff the floor i was treated to a great spin on a great song....nevermind they also cover joelene(sp?) by dolly parton...

in the end their sound is not experimental, buts its rooted and not just for style but for passion....this kid screams the blues and its refreshing to see someone who can scream and distort his guitar because he wants to, not because he has too...but in the end they are only his roots and goes on to create his own tree....

fuck the hype...see em just cause you wanna simply rock...

ps....seeks, the strokes were there and they asked me to say hi!....seriously, i hope they were paying attention...and took some notes.