whose got my extra for the white stripes in NYC

mental invalid

Guest HESHIANDET

ive never heard of these guys, but my pussy radar "puss-dar" is signaling a huge invasion, destruction is emminent. im in $$

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hmmmm....railroad, id be interested to know the story behind that more.....ill look for your what are you listeing to threads parts 99999999999999999....

i dunno fr8o....

hesh says your pretty shady......

the 930 club is sold out.....

phili is this sunday and NJ is tues, both times suck for me....

really the only show i can get to is the one on saturday down in nyc....if phili was fri or sat, id be down...but work, as much as i hate it, is in my fucking way....sucks to cause ive been looking for a good time to get down to phili...i heard the NJ is going to be extremly smaller then the other shows, like a few hundred people....thatd be nice too....

but if anyone wants to hustle the corner with me on bowery street lemme know....

ps....fr8o i got a great cd of pete yorn live....maybe one day ill get to drop on ya....

fr8o check out ebay dood.....

guys got a pair for the nj at "buy now" for $40

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1341893283

and phili is at $46 for the pair:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1341362661

and 930 club is $100 for four:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1341455017

and ofcourse tix for nyc are 285 and 300 respectively.....wtf!!!

heres the deal with the white stripes.

if you put them in a steal cage, with all the guys from the strokes, lemmy from motorhead would still beat them all fucking senseless with nothing but his belt and a big ass iron danzig belt buckle. and im not talking about a small, elfin sized beating either. i'm talking a full on massacre. lemmy would be caving in skulls. there would be infectious diseases being spread by brain matter getting stuck in the eyes of the goat skull, as it bashed from head to head. he would be popping brit-rock elbows out of their socket like he was eating a cornish game hen. he would show no remorse, but just blind fury and contempt. those pussy ass little members only jackets and synthetic leather thrift store bullshit is no match for the horned buckle of death. lemmy would tear the skinny ties right off there necks and take their fucking heads with em. then he'd tie the tie around their head, spin it in a circle as fast as he could, then fucking throw it, just to see how far it would go. he'd invite the guys from 'exodus' and they would have a BBQ and some olympic style games. its just like a verse out of a rakim song "i take 7 gay rockers put em in a line, then i grab 7 of their friends, cause they're gay as fuck too. it'll take 7 more roadies before i go for mine, yo im fuckin lemmy, im gnarley, ill fucking kill all 21 of those fucking dick wad worthless little rich fucks all at the same time"

so you see what im saying? no? lets recap.

white stripes + strokes + lemmy + traditional danzig 'goat skull' styled iron beltbuckle = two ton can of devil powered whoop ass!

are we understood?

...okay thats all well and good...and yes im sure with the popularity of celebrity boxing, we may one day see this event....and im also sure everyone here is jealous cause they dont have a danzig belt buckle....

however.....the white stripes/strokes are simple ole school blues and rock and roll.....with some minor distortion and twists....they put together interesting melodies/juxtopositions and have a quality sound....the strokes are stupid music thats funs to get drunk to and rock out....and go real fucking fast in my car....catchy like crack tunes....i deem the white stripes, who have three albums to be slightly elevated musically....

no one except you seeks are comparing the apples to the oranges.....

no one here is doubting the steel cage outcome...

im just saying that the bands are not really comparable.....

i mean motorhead and the white stripes/strokes, i cant even begin to imagine if you put their fans in the same room what would happen....;)

a bloody mess im sure...but the two fans would probably never end up in the same room...get me.... :idea:

roe, im not comparing apples to oranges, im comparing the white stripes to getting their asses kicked.

haha.

dude, this, like the rollerblade thread, is just an excuse to talk shit. i mean come on, i used a 'tickle me elmo' reference as the basis for my first argument. i actually really listend the white stripes today for the first time. first time really paying attention i mean.

the verdict?

some of the songs are embaressingly bad. while others, are decent. good or bad, they all sound like 1963 b-sides on a beatles 45. and i dont mean they sound like the beatles, i mean they sound like a shitty group also signed to the same label as the beatles, who the management hoped to generate some 'buzz' for, by adding their song with one by the beatles.

seeking/not falling for the banana in the tail pipe

Guest fr8lover

heres a fun fact about the strokes:

they disliked how programmed and digitized music had been sounding of late, so to give the ultimate FUCK YOU to that sound, they used a bunch of computers and machines to program and digitize their music to sound like it was recorded on reel-to-reel in the 70s.

good job, boys!

fr8lover/back of baseball card creator

Guest fr8lover

it wouldnt surprise me if white stripes do that too..

my "dogg" railroad jerk is on the right track :)

roe, moldy peaches are another band of this genre, i like them. they wear costumes and shit too...

they open for the strokes also...aint that special?!

...yeah i meant to tell you fr8oh, i dont have AIM....i still use a telephone....my incredibly horrid typing and turtle like speed makes AIM just impossible...okay really im just lazy and indifferent...but yeah ill email soon...

'fo paw'......classic

seeking....i thought the use of tickle me elmo, in an economic theory of supply and demand and the difference in socio-economic gaps causing the price of goods was pretty decent actually....

well im atleast glad you listen to the cd....thats all i aske....and yes im well aware of the fact that sometimes you actually rant about shit you really believe in, while at other times you just love to be a dick of devils advocacy and push buttons just for some laughs....as do i...;)...are you going to completely ignore my querries about my lost packie? :P

roe

fallingfortheisthataspotonyourshirtoner.....

I've gotta package...

In the mail. :D

(Didn't expect that did ya?)

dam internet.....

no i was quite serious, it gives me stupid chuckles each time....i dunno why, i mean you know its coming and all...but yeah rage no sarcasm...

but if you dont have an extra, get the fuck out this thread...

(now that was sarcasm, or was it?)

Originally posted by mental invalid

but if you dont have an extra, get the fuck out this thread...

(now that was sarcasm, or was it?)

didn't sound like it. You're right..damn internet. maybe we need like and INSERT <sarcasm> thing.

• 2 weeks later...

the end result

i know some of you were losing sleep wondering what ever happened....when we last left our hero, he was desperate for an extra to the sold out show, confused and lost, facing no solid future and $300 scalpers....

part two:

....i decided to go down and give it a whirl....it was insane....make a long story short.....i got tickets....for $17.....at the door.....it was fucking great....our hero triumphant in his greatest hour of going to a sold out show..

yeah anyways not sure if you doods knew this....i didnt....but apparently aside from the cool bands that leave extras for day of fans, most of the time the day of there are a pocket of tickets left over from credit cards that do not clear...i was not aware of this until last week, when a friend of mine, explained that he got tickets to radiohead at roseland last year using this trick....so i thought id share...

end conclusion.....go see em....the show was fucking great and they fucking rock....i was extremely impressed with the fact that its only a duo, but the sound they create is incredible...jack white floored me on guitar....passionate playing......fierce and loud, but always tight, never sloppy...doesnt even compare to style in the studio....honestly he wailed....gotta remember hes schooled, and i mean "phd" in blues, and so he picks apart all those blues scales wonderfully......he also plays the occasional piano, and his vocals were great...energy was bursting...he uses three mics which allow various vocal sounds...good use

and meg, well lets just say your hero has a new crush...:love2: ....seriously, what is it about girls playing drums or bass? i think its the sexiest thing in the world....throw in the fact that the her playing was tight and her ability to hold a groove and a beat, and her style of playing was great...head all cocked to the side, nonchalant, but never let up on the hit of the skins...great....they supply her with microphones all over her drum kit too so not a sound is lost...does some light singing herself too....crackling siren....

but the best was how they played together....so tight, knowing where the other one is going or coming from...they make alot of bands look like they could use some more practice...

the set was an hour and i knew maybe a few tunes....but i didnt feel short and didnt feel like i didnt know any of the tunes...they strung them beautifuly together....sometimes taking no breath b/w songs and other times just letting silence fill in the gaps....but always with purpose...

they also busted out dylans Isis.....after my i picked my jaw up pff the floor i was treated to a great spin on a great song....nevermind they also cover joelene(sp?) by dolly parton...

in the end their sound is not experimental, buts its rooted and not just for style but for passion....this kid screams the blues and its refreshing to see someone who can scream and distort his guitar because he wants to, not because he has too...but in the end they are only his roots and goes on to create his own tree....

fuck the hype...see em just cause you wanna simply rock...

ps....seeks, the strokes were there and they asked me to say hi!....seriously, i hope they were paying attention...and took some notes.

Archived