Out Of line?? (Icarus Line incident at SXSW)

DITDxCULT

http://nme.com/media/images/ICARUSLINE_L.jpg'>

ICARUS LINE guitarist AARON NORTH could face legal action after allegedly damaging a guitar that once belonged to late blues guitarist, STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN.

The US band had been performing at Austin's Hard Rock Cafe during last week's South By Southwest music festival when, according to eyewitnesses, North smashed a display case containing the priceless guitar and tried to plug it in to play it.

Club manager Steve Fleming said security guards wrestled with the guitarist, who broke free and sprinted for the exit.

He added: "The bouncers chased him for four blocks but he got away.

"We got the name of the individual from South By Southwestand may consider filing charges. The band's record label will get the bill."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Thoughts?

If it would been anyone else's display at the hard rock who was ALIVE (i.e. Keith Richards....wait, is he still alive?) it would've been alright in my eyes, but Joe C loses points big time for disrespecting the dead. I dunno....I could really care less...but i thought some other people might want to read this. I also found it a little amusing that Joe admitted to painting "suckin' dicks" on the side of the strokes tour bus. Anyhoo

hahaha...cool

okay not knowing who the band is, purely laymen, its fucked up....stevie ray is like a blues god, and that shit is just foul...i doubt he went looking for his particular guitar to smash, but still his gotta not disrespect...what happened to breaking your own guitar? but hell then again stevie ray seemed like that kinda guy that would probably laugh it off and appreciate the passion...im gonna check the band out....

2cents

Guest SerialRapisT

Shit Man...

Those punks look like the depressed trash I smack around at school... swear... you have to have nerve though to smash that shit up right after your own show!

However though; stealing... even if it is for something as priceless as that is weak...

hahahahahahahaha.....

now mind you i kinda like the strokes, had they not "connected" their way the top, they could have had some respect....their the band i hate to like....but that cd is a great cd to throw on and drive to you, ripping around the new england backroads...

but heh a funny dis is a funny dis...i think i might have to check these doods out...

recommend any cds DITD?

the article doesnt say he smashed the guitar, it says he smashed the case and took it out. so did he take the guitar with him when he ran? how 'damaged' was it'? was he attempting to smash it when security grabbed him?

the way i look at is, 'who the fuck are icarus line?' thats not some shit you can try pulling off whe your some low-fame level band. thats the shit you do when your blink 182, or motley crue or something, not when your a band that 95% of music buying america has never heard. if he was trying to steal it, i can forgive him. if he just wanted to break shit, hes an asshole an should have gotten beat silly.

dissing the strokes is pretty fucking dope though. i hate the strokes.

"dissing the strokes is pretty fucking dope though. i hate the strokes."

really?(sarcastic)

yeah i first read it quick and thought he smashed it....A-D-D

like i said before though, if you know even the slightest bit of stevie ray, he is laughing in blues heaven

• 2 weeks later...
Guest railroadjerk

i was listening to some IL right now, good shits...

ditd can you email freightfetish@hotmail.com regarding the paypal thing, i just emailed you and i dont know if youll get a return address on that email. just wondering if it worked because i havent used paypal before im a little scared of it, actually.

Archived