Photoshop art 5.

Guest Agt. Adopus

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

I will, soon. I'm working on a full-color poster size one that's gonna destroy all my previous robots. Beer,

El Mamerro/Robotlover

PS: The Iron Giant fucking rules.

Constructive Criticism

Hue, those are pretty tight. Nice job with blending and opacity changes. But the typefaces definitely have to go, along with the text effects (bevel/emboss mainly). Good job though. Beer,

El Mamerro

Need feedback..

http://newcamp.net/hector/images/poster.jpg'>

I just did this today... poster for the ID senior show. The theme is "Unbearably Hot", both in temperature and sexyness. Still very preliminary though, so any suggestions are highly welcome. Beer,

El Mamerro

PS: Done on a Mac, so bump up the brightness on your monitor to get a better feel of how it looks like over here. Dos, those are fucking tight!

Guest im not witty

im new to this photoshop craze, anyone got a line on a crack or something similar to let me save/print/export on the "tryout version"

of 6?

Thanks Rage...

Zesto, I created it using channels, making a pattern, and then paint bucketing that pattern into the channel. You can then select the channel itself to use as a mask. It sounds really complicat3ed, but it's really not that hard. This place has a really good tutorial on how to do them, that's where I learned it from. Beer,

El Mamerro

witty, go to www.astalavista.com you can find just about any crack youll ever need there.

dose, nice. simple is good.

im not much of a fan of hi-tech looking stuff... i think alot of the time people use flash to hide bad design skills. but then again, i dont have anything new to share, so who cares what i think. oh, and im not at all talking about you mams, you obviously know what your doing. that oolong/obey fucking kills it. you should really make stickers of that.

seeking/unmotivated photoshopper.

Obviously, due to my undying love of robots, I dig the techy look. I do agree that it's been seriously overused, but I really enjoy looking at the sense of scale and planar shifting that goes on in these (I also feel that digital design lends itself much better to this type of style than a gritty one, because of the lack of actual texture). I wouldn't exactly call them great design, but the real good ones have some kickass composition. The one thing that really annoys me though, is those little fucking square arrows everyone uses now. The ones that look like this:

http://www.allwomeninvest.com/images/little_woman_on_arrow.gif'>

I hate them. And I hate that bitch on it too.

Anyways, half my stuff is techy, and my other stuff is gritty and sloppy... and half of my stuff is super complex and the other half is super simple. Right now I'm concentrating on mixing both together to have each element really stand out. I don't have any gritty stuff uploaded yet, though. Well, there's

this thing I'm working on for the RISD website that's more like what I'm into, but it's really incomplete... this was just a sound loader test, and only one sound swf works on it. I just noticed I have to unload the sound loader cause it leaves a black rectangle on the bottom right corner. That's enough from me. Beer,

El Mamerro

see, maybe its just cause i dont 'understand' it or something, but 90% of the tech stuff i see just looks like bad rave flyers. like, a bunch of people took something cool, and then basterdized the hell out of it, until all people really remember is the shit version. like the beastie boys or something. haha.

dude, so after checking that phong site, i now wonder how ive gone so far with photoshop, and never known what the fuck 'channels' did. i still dont completely get it, but ill do some of those tutorials later and im sure itll make sense, but like.... ive never used them for anything. i feel like such a hack. thats the problem with teaching yourself shit, you never learn anything that you dont know. haha.

good site. got anymore like that? not really hi-tech tutorials, but just anything that could be applied to a wide range of images?

Originally posted by El Mamerro

The one thing that really annoys me though, is those little fucking square arrows everyone uses now. The ones that look like this:

oh man do i hate those. pure designers republic bites.

i also hate tiny tiny fonts on webpages.

Archived