New Boxcars...

Guest me IS cool

Guest me IS cool

What's the newest boxcar you people have hit? I seem to get a lot of new boxcars...freshly made and all....

the date built was 02-02...and I caught wreck all over it.

One more question for all you dedicated fr8 heads... If they are really new, does this mean that they will get buffed fast?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The newest boxcars that Ive seen around here are these awesome new International Paper boxcars.. At least they have the International Paper logo on them.. they are a really nice green.. I saw an entire line of just them rolling last night.. but one weird thing.. while they have the IP logo on them, we see a lot of them layed up at a Tomato Sauce Plant.. guess they could be bringing packaging in with them or something, just seemed odd..

Good to see new rolling stock though..

Real good.

Guest me IS cool

cool, I've never seen any new green ones... it seems that I get the brown BNSF.... nice to know that that's not the only company making new boxcars....

gotta keep hittin' 'em.... :D

IHATEU, when its listed as RBLT, thats the date the car was rebuilt, or had a total overhaul, and kind of major work I think. So you could get a car that says blt 3/72 rblt 11/01. The car is older than me, but looks buttery fresh. Rail companies will also list other interesting stuff in or around the black box - like the date a car was repainted, when the door was lubed (although I think they usually print that right on the door) I think I rememeber seeing a car that had a stamp that said new wheels and a date...

thanks.

ill look for that next time.

i wish someone would post some info on buffing of the newer cars.

i mean, i just painted one and left squares around the numbers (didnt have any tape)

so if the car was brand new, or even if it had only been repainted, i doubt theyll be buffing so soon after the numbers were put on and all. but then again, another company might have bought the car and is getting ready to do so, so i may be shit out of luck on that one, but i think if they buff, it'll only be over my far left side 3d.

oh yea, on the very bottoms of the car, where it says like "lift and jack here".

do they buff that or is it a regular thing for workers to know where to "lift and jack" and what not?

I don't have any solid information, but I would assume that if you stay away or preserve the information, they would have no reason to repaint or stamp the pieces, given that the car has fresh paint and needs no repair work to perform it's duties, and the workers have no trouble reading what they need to. Heads say it over and over again, but the best way to preserve your work is to not interfere with the railroad's work.

I would imagine that if the car is a piece of shit rust bucket, it may get home-shopped for a new paint job, so the walls don't start rusting through. *The bottom line is productivity, and graffiti at worst annoys some workers. (get a job) It really doesn't affect anything unless you blast right over the reports and load info. They need that to properly load the car to the correct tonnage.

Guest me IS cool
Originally posted by ~KRYLON2~

you guy look at the numbers????

it's not so much that we ARE looking for the numbers it's just and added perk. I'll hit whatever I can get but the majority of what rolls into my yard are new cars and I like to check out the year it was built...

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by spinkick

Brand new BNSF refer, all white, born on date...2-02

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this aint beer man...its the BUILT DATE ...but yeah......i enjoyed painting with you that night........we need to paint more often....

born on date..! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. :D :D :D

that made me laugh..

Guest me IS cool

I recently ran into a red canadian northern(I think) It was new and I wanted to hit it. I was surprised that no one had hit it before, but it was all bright red. :p

• 2 weeks later...

new or old be smart about what youre doing and where you do it.

Some railroads want to keep their fleets clean and do oppose the vandalism.

You never know" thats the fun thing it could run for years or for days.

Love trains for trains and not for newer or older

Archived