Music

Guest eessee

Guest eessee

what type of music do you listen to while piecing?

i usually kill batteries listening to marsill some underground stuff..... what about you's people........ excuse my illiterate language hehe

:D

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'd rather keep my ears open to my surroundings, but if i was hittin a legal or a really chill spot i'd probably nod my head to some underground gangsta rap, hip hop, hard house techno, or maybe some blues. music goes with my mood so it all depends on what im feelin.

...leagl vs. not

FOR ME

LEGAL: Steve Miller Band, Skynard, Pascal, Prodigy (the old shit, pre-sellout) Mykill Myers, Beastie Boys (some old bullshit or Pauls Btq.)

NOT LEGAL: nothing..... you should be on your toes. Unless it's the sound of your bro in your nokia earbud tellin you shits cool on the block.

My opinion. I could be wrong.

CAPS.. check the steelo.... your a half a quart low.

If I'm painting a really agressive piece, with lots of dark colors, sharp letter-forms etc., then it's some kind of hard-core. Poison The Well, Boy Sets Fire, Earth Crisis, Sky Came Falling, Cradle Of Filth(Nothing like it....Venus In Fear!!!), Bane, Evelyn, Fall Silent, From Autumn To Ashes, American Nightmare, Snapcase.....it goes on but it's really long......but if it's a happy, upbeat piece that's all bright and full of curves then.....oh wait, I don't do pieces like that. But if I did I would lsiten to Frank Sinatra. All of the above only applies to legals or super chill spots though.......anf fuck what you heard Frank Sinatra is the fucking king of Rock N' Roll!!!!!!

Originally posted by Apelles

If I'm painting a really agressive piece, with lots of dark colors, sharp letter-forms etc., then it's some kind of hard-core. Poison The Well, Boy Sets Fire, Earth Crisis, Sky Came Falling, Cradle Of Filth(Nothing like it....Venus In Fear!!!), Bane, Evelyn, Fall Silent, From Autumn To Ashes, American Nightmare, Snapcase.....it goes on but it's really long......but if it's a happy, upbeat piece that's all bright and full of curves then.....oh wait, I don't do pieces like that. But if I did I would lsiten to Frank Sinatra. All of the above only applies to legals or super chill spots though.......anf fuck what you heard Frank Sinatra is the fucking king of Rock N' Roll!!!!!!

Goddamn you listen to some shitty bands.

Frank Sinatra is the only good thing you mentioned.

Originally posted by Apelles

every band you jsut listed is the worst band in HC but its what every other kid listens too now so you fit right in keep rockin hard playa

Guest eessee

yeah it really depends on what colors i'm doing when i piece like lights i listen to jazz and darks i listen to something heavy..... it always works it gets me in the "mood"..... it somehoe works but when bombing i usually humm so i'm on a flow mode so it comes out smooth but i try not to so i can be up with my suroundings..:crazy:

if im doin some illegal walls then no music but if its all to the good and legal with the pork chop patrol then ill bust it up with some system of a down or some real hip hop like the roots or common or some shit like that...but pretty much anything that helps me focus on the task at hand

Haha wow. I got my musical tastes ripped apart. That's fucking funny. "Worst bands in HC" what the fuck? I'm not trying to listen to whatever is going to give me underground cred, and I realy couldn't give a shit whether or not every otehr kid listens to the same bands. It appeals to me. I can relate to it. You don't like it? Don't fucking listen to it. But pray tell, oh kings of hardcore knowledge, who SHOULD I be listening to to keep myself "real" in your eyes?????

.i'm not being a dick

Originally posted by eessee

that was freaking funny.....:D

Actually man, it wasn't that funny. Not to be a dick but cars can be ghosted in from miles away and literally SNEAK up on you and KILL you so nothing is funny about that shit. I'm not trying to be an asshole. Just saying.

CAPS........ how was the chicken?

hardcore

worst bands in hardcore? what the fuck ever man, bane rips shit up. some of that other shit isnt too hot (cradle of filth? my nu-metal brother listens to that crap)... but seriously, who the fuck cares if those are more mainstream hardcore bands... not everybody is gonna dig tear it up, diehard youth, holding on, and strength for a reason.

i would listen to angelhead, converge, dillinger escape plan, bane, coltrane, outkast, nas (illmatic!), or minor threat, by the way.

a side note: i wish real hardcore music and real hip-hop could get together again... they made a hot couple.

ryan aircraft

see you in the pit, motherfucker.:D

Guest STONER DBM

If i'm gonna paint somethin dark and edgy i'll throw in some poison,cinderella,warrant,or maybe some def leppard after that dude got his arm lopped off.or some hardcore gangsta rap like nelly w/n'sync,ja rule,or will smith if i'm gettin jiggy wid it........fuggetaboudit.

Guest TECONE SW

don't listen to music while paintin... takes your mind off bigger things such as cops... but if I did I'd listen to my own shit... amp myself up...

haha

Why would you listen to music while peiceing....keep ears open for cops coming etc.. you know what i mean.but if i had to listen to music while painting a illegal piece id go with UG hip hop. but yeah legal pieces are understandable i did this legal piece inside of a recording studio "Side Door Record" i was painting too...Aesop Rock, Slim Dizzle, and more underground hiphop....then this gay kid walks in and puts on memphis bleek ....i wanted to smack hip...underground for life! FUCK THE COMMERCIAL SHIT!

• 2 weeks later...

legal: underground hip hop- rhymesayers, jedi mind tricks, aesop rock, hiero, etc. or early 90s hip hop- main source, erick b and rakim, early nas,pete rock and CL, hiero, etc.

illegal: absolutely nothing i have to keep all senses open.

Archived