let Hawaii be free!!!!!

Guest willy.wonka

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive never been to hawaii, but it does sound interesting. Way back in the 60's when my father got out of highschool, he flew to hawaii, with no money just a tent and clothes. Him and friends lived in hippie tree house communties. That sounds fun. I want to go there, but i dont want to be a dumb tourist. We have enough of them where I live.

Tats is some weak ass kaneohe shit, if your going for da shavey icy on the east side you got to rock the Island Snow. ice cream on the bottom and snow cap on top. i wish i went to kam, so i could be well educated on hawaiian culture. im just a local hoale. cheee hooooo!

Originally posted by jah

i hate bush!!!!!!!

What does Bush have to do with Hawaii no longer being a country.

I wish I had enough money to go see Hawaii. If I do I might have to hire a bodyguard to protect my tourist ass.

Originally posted by Pistol

What does Bush have to do with Hawaii no longer being a country.

I wish I had enough money to go see Hawaii. If I do I might have to hire a bodyguard to protect my tourist ass.

well, his administration owns one of the biggest (biggest?) oil corporations in the world right? and those are the very same people that stop environmental protection laws from being passed, not to mention holding back technology that would make cars run on clean fuel. and i hate him for about 500 other reasons. (oh yea, this pollution is whats causing the greenhouse effect that is raising the ocean level by melting glaciers, thus swallowing up the pacific islands slowly but surely).

Originally posted by swif1

the only words i still remember (except the islands)...i doubt i can spell them though

humu humu nuku nuku apua'a

aloha kakahiaka nau ma hana?

mahalo

ukulele

uku :D

ho cuz, u one akamai buggah. try stay speaking hawaiiana braddah.

Originally posted by Dr. Drew

no. pidgin was formed by immigrant children playing together who coudn't understand each other, mostly asians. pidgin was spoken on plantations. hawaiians of that time spoke standard english and didn't work on plantations. pidgin eventually worked its was to being more english (at this point its technically a creole language) and this is when hawaiian kids picked it up, and added many hawaiian words.

don't wanna argue with you bro, i feel the same about everything else you say, i just fucking hate hawaiians insisting i'm not hawaiian because i speak standard english. kalakaua, liliuokalani, and all the other monarchs during the post-contact era spoke standard english.

your point is well taken. i usually speak proper english myself (unless i stay on molokai too long, then it starts to slip) so i agree that it's dumb when hawaiians diss you for not talking pidgin. shit--i don't even live anywhere near hawaii and haven't for years, and i know that doesn't make me any less hawaiian. hawaiian is in your blood not how you talk or where you live. all i was trying to say is that caucasian settlers banning the hawaiian language in public schools played a huge roll in hawaiians talking pidgin. if they weren't forbidden from using their native language, perhaps they wouldn't have been so resistant to using english properly. and also, if you study the hawaiian language in comparison to the way words are put together in pidgeon, gramatically the two are very similar. that's what i was trying to say. just wanted to clarify.

• 3 months later...

yeah'you are right

Originally posted by willy.wonka

my homies call hawaii the corruptor,but i say that they lie and its the corruptor corrupting hawaii.....

man! i always fall into the same old bullshit path out there.

but that's my fault,not the islands.

i always end up taking the ALOHA for granted:(

it's pretty sad when i can't control my drugs in paradise

if its not one,batu. man i hate that shit. i guess you're right

willy. i did follows sean's lead. but the only positive thing is.

i'm clear headed, but at the price of paradise,and at the price of my

homies-thanx man- JOFUSMUSIKONE

US KIDS

-much mahalo's, and i don't mean trashcans peace

• 5 years later...

Archived