Tie

Guest HALOHZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Fabo 2

RIP Tie. For somone so young to be such a huge force in a major graf city is only described in one word; Bump.

i met tie when he was in nyc at a rocksteady anniversary in the south bronx. he was just sitting there handing out his black book (a spanish workbook) for everyone to rock, with a huge smile on his face. i sat down to talk to him when he ushered me outside. i had just started writing and was impressed with him being so original and different especially amongst the hiphop crowd at the event. when we got outside he started doing hollows on the gate of the community center that was hosting the event. he wasn't speaking much, but he handed me the can of yellow topped with a stock tip just as one of the organizers started yelling. i gave him the can back, he put it in his bag and went back in to sit down. he rocked almost every page in my book and gave me a load of stickers.

i had never heard of him before, and after that day i walked around the city for months and even years after to see the damage he did while in town.

its been said, but he was a true king. rip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived