Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sectorTVA

MOW equipment rolling through the backyard.

thats right....had some MOW equipment tearing shit up in my backyard today...i took a bunch of pictures, but my camcorder was dead...oh well...hopefully theyll make another pass comming back...just thought id let everyone know that i love having tracks 30 yards from my bedroom window....coolest shit ive seen them doing back there so far....

MOW trains are always good for spotting really old obscure equipment. Aside from the very specialized stuff (Spreaders, Ballast Tampers, etc.) most MOW equipment is cobbled together from older equipment the railroad has lying around. Like CP up here had some old heavyweight baggage cars gutted, and used for storing chemical drums. Post them flix when they get developed...

I like it when they chop down the brush by the tracks, and a chain link fence gets caught in the mowing blades and stretched around into a steel wreath.

I saw a bunch of mow stuff not to long ago, i think ill start a thread on the bench tonight..

any one know in particular what the machine is called that makes a little pit between each of the wooden planks on the tracks.. I dont know exactly how to describe it, but I was walking tracks not to long ago, and inbetween the ties there were just little pits, like something that had big gear teeth was rolling down the tracks.. If you know what this machine is called, do you also know what purpose it serves.. just wondering.

thanks.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this