Boxing...

iCEBERG

i don't do sports

im the guy at your house during super bowl, asking who's playing. and then proceeding to eat your chips and then drink your beer.

half time commercials are funny when you're stoned

hah hah hah

:king:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

a quick update

Roy Jones gave it to Woods last night. I forget the round his corner threw in the towel at, but if you saw the fight, you saw Jones play with him the whole time, not to mention switching his fighting style 4 times.

Lennox Lewis gave up his title to Chris Byrd because he doesn't want to fight him, while at the same time signing a 3 fight contract with HBO which includes a rematch with Tyson an defences against the Klitschko brothers.

The Goerge Foreman grill is fuckin dope.

Oscar De La Hoya (WBC Champ.) will be fighting Fernando Vargas on Sept.14 at Mandalay Bay.

De La Hoya will win, but I want vargas too. I'm off to find out how to wager on these fights.

i dunno, money? tyson still under contract? im not sure but...

i saw the mercer klittschko fight tonight tho, an oh boy, lewis, if hes lucky will last to the 8th round with this guy.

mercer i think has been knocked down once, if not at all his whole career, wladimer put him on his ass in the first round with his average hooks. stiff jab, just splits anyones defence.

i havent seen power/consistancy like this since... like... marciano

i think he landed 104 outta 164 power punchs. off the top of my head i think thats like 67% accuracy. damn...

Originally posted by iCEBERG

woops, i meant two, if you werent already pointing that out

"the last fight i really watched was the

one with that prince guy...the cocky arrogant guy

...he got outboxed

by some no name guy....forget the name..."

that was prince naseem hamed, i think thats how you spell it, and i believe your talking about marco antonio barrerra

Man why doesnt anyone know about Marco Barrerra this motherfucker fought Erick Morales in Feb. 2000, if you guys get a chance try to find this fight it'd one of the illest fights ever, both motherfuckers where pounding each other trying to knock a motherfucker out for the entire 12 rounds. I thought Barrera should have won but Morales won the split. 2 years later he schools the Prince and wins his rematch over Morales. this nigga is fuckin lethal

Originally posted by blink_ATX

ahahahahhahaha

ahahahhahahahaha

ahahahahahhahahaha

tehn that fool will bite your ear off

ahahahahah

fuck boxing

a barbaric display of stupidity

just shows how stupid the human race has gotten

if theyere so dumb why r they millionaires and ur not?

Nigel Benn Vs Gerald McClellan Super Middleweight

My favourite fight ever was the Nigel Benn Gerlad McClellan fight in 1995 one hell of a classic!! Tho Benn put McClellan in a wheelchair dfor the rest of his life which obviously isn`t good, but what a fight..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benn Vs. McClellan, a tragic epic

By Murali Para

In the world of boxing, there have been countless thrilling battles in the past thirty years. You know the names. The Ali-Frazier trilogy. Duran-Leonard I. Hagler-Hearns, certainly. More recently, the Holyfield-Bowe trilogy. Barrera-Morales even. There are too many to mention. These exhilarating fights have been watched again and again by fans and have never ceased to please.

For my money, the fight between Nigel Benn and Gerald McClellan definitely belongs among the pantheon of these epic encounters. Yet it is very infrequently cited when battles of this nature are discussed. This is almost certainly because of the tragic aftermath that left McClellan blind, half-deaf and severely disabled. While this reluctance to relive the fight is understandable, I believe it should be acknowledged as a titanic battle of wills between two great boxers at the height of their powers.

I do not propose to review the events of 25 February 1995 at the London Arena in minute detail. That would be superfluous. But I do want to look back at the fight as the pivotal moment in the careers of two very fine champions. Benn gave a career-defining performance that evening, after which he was never quite as good again. And we are sadly all too aware of what happened to McClellan who now lives in reduced circumstances (more of which later).

Nigel Benn was an excellent British fighter who was the reigning WBC super-middleweight champion. A tough ex paratrooper, he was one of the most popular British champions of recent years. The Dark Destroyer was enjoying a very good run of form, having put behind him his two early losses at middleweight when his explosive, ragged power-punching was mastered by the more technical boxing of Michael Watson and Chris Eubank. He was unbeaten in the previous 5 years. He retained his walk-forward, heavy-hitting style, but was not scoring as many knockouts in the early rounds. He was considerably more mature as a boxer.

At this moment, Gerald McClellan was looking set to become a modern boxing legend. The only blotches on his record were 2 defeats on points and they were clearly a learning experience. He claimed the scalp of his friend Roy Jones in his amateur career, a win whose significance would grow with the passing of time. Like Benn, he was an awesome, brutal fighter. For the record, 27 of his 31 wins up to that point lasted no longer than three rounds, against 25 of 39 wins for the Briton. The way McClellan despatched the highly rated Julian Jackson twice for the WBC middleweight crown made him a strong favourite to beat Benn.

The fight was incredible. It is almost unrivalled in recent years for sheer emotion and frenetic energy. McClellan started explosively like a young Mike Tyson, knocking Benn clean out of the ring in the very first round. With a generous count from the referee though, the Dark Destroyer managed to survive the round. Somehow. Maybe it was because he was hypnotised by Paul McKenna. Who knows. And then, bit by bit, Benn managed to set the agenda, turning it into an all-out slugfest. Each new round was a battle in itself. Brutal and brilliant shots landed from both parties and plenty missed too. Such was the burning intensity and the desire to end the fight. And when McClellan fell to one knee in the tenth round in what has now become a poignant, harrowing image, he was still aheadon two of the judges' scorecards.

Freeport, Illinois. This small town two hours west ofChicago is the home of Gerald "G-Man" McClellan. This is where he resides today with round-the-clock help from his sisters, Lisa, Sandra and Stacy. Gerald will never again see his son, Gerald Jnr. or his daughters,Forrest and Mandale, as they grow up. It is temptingat this point to be critical on moral grounds.Critical of the referee who spoke no English anddidn't stop the fight sooner. Critical of Don King.Critical of the boxing fraternity. But I believe thatwould be wrong. Boxers are aware of the dangers oftheir trade. And the public pays to watch boxing as asport, as entertainment. There is nothing further toadd on that score.

All that remains is to say that Benn-McClellan was aphenomenal fight. And Nigel Benn and Gerald McClellan were both superb champions. Only in McClellan's case, perhaps not quite as superb as he might have gone on to be.

Reference was made to Kevin Mitchell's excellent bookWar, Baby (Yellow Jersey Press 2001) as well as TeddyBlackburn's Forgotten Warrior article in BoxingMonthly September 2001.

Any comments or questions are most welcome. Please contact me at: muralipara@yahoo.co.uk

Send this article to a friend | Discuss this article in the forum | Recent Articles | Back to Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you detect any issues with the legality of this site, problems are always unintentional and will be corrected with notification

Copyright © 2001- 2002 EastSide Boxing.com - Privacy Policyhttp://combatacademy.co.uk/images/BENN0004.jpg'>

Originally posted by iCEBERG

their the klitschko's

wladimir(vladimir)http://www.klitschko.com/title_change/pix/brothers_4.jpg'>Vitali

and they both have about three things in common when it comes to whooping some ass. actually like 15, here are a few

speed

agility

the ability to easily knock someone the fuck out

their both good boxers too, nice fighting style

and they don't fight like most of the big, slow dudes do.

i can speak mostly for vladimer, but not so much his brother, im sure they have very similiar training.

one thing is vladimer hasn't had his chin tested by a worthy opponent, if he takes this test and passes? w00t straight to the top for him. ill put money on the boy

saw valdimir fight kid has a good chin and good hit just he seems to get sloppy when putting more than 2 punches together and it hurts him , he lost that fight but none the less the guy is killin. i used to box light middleweight WOO WOO *flexs* anyone wanna step hah

Originally posted by Brownbread?

what ever happened to zab judah???seems like he just dissappeared. i use to think he was the truth until costa tszyu dropped him.

actually i saw zab judah fight omar weis a month or so ago he got sloppy as fuck not the same zab as before but still a good fighter when tszyu floored him i laughed so hard cause zab ran his mouth to much and costa showed him what a perfectly timed hit can do. i watched that tyson lewis fight too it was a jip lewis was just toying with tyson the whole time tyson aint shit if he aint beating a girl or biting ears

"yall musta forgot"

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/box/2002/0907/photo/s_roy_ht.jpg'>

taken after he dismantled clinton woods in the 6th, when shhh between you an me, woods wasnt even the number one contender... Darius Michalczewski (45-0) and Antonio Tarver (20-1) were...

De La Hoya vs. Vargas

http://hboppv.com/dlh_v/img/poster_400.jpg'>

Pistol, if your puttin money down on any fight, strongly consider what Max Kellerman has to say. That little puke from friday night fights on espn. He bets on alot of fights...

http://espn.go.com/boxing/columns/kellerma...ax/1424898.html

another good article... a panel of experts just keep it simple an say de la hoya

http://www.boxinginsider.com/pressreleases...posts/1286.html

another good site, actually great site for information on the two...

http://hboppv.com/dlh_v/

• 3 months later...

Gatti Ward 2 was bullshit. Ward threw the fight. He had to have. He's probably gonna retire soon, and probably needs some extra money before he leaves, so he's gonna stretch this Gatti Ward shit out to atleast a 3rd.

Give my man Ward a small ring at a different venue, and he's got Gatti beat. I don't think he threw one left hook. I mean, even if it's not feasible he still should have thrown like 3 or 4. Not to say Gatti didn't fight a good fight. Ward's a machine. I don't think Gatti could take what Ward could take. I think Ward can do what Gatti does offensive wise.

Anyways, the third will be a good one and I say this time around Ward has Gatti beat.

I missed the Mayweather Castillo... I heard I missed nothing, Klitschko beat up that McCline dude with ease I heard. But I didn't see it like I said before so I don't know.

Just the the Holyfield Byrd fight. This fight confused me, maybe I didn't watch certian parts and not know it but I thought Holyfield had Byrd beat like 4 outta the first 5 rounds. Everyone around here figured Byrd would take the win, no one I know bet against him so I had a feeling he would do alright even tho I didn't even know the fight was on today untill this morning.

Larry Merchant needs to be shot. He comes up with the dumbest shit, everysingle fight. Today he called Holyfield George Foreman when he was getting beat up, while George Foreman sits next to him. And says shit like "If this were a tank fight, Klitschko would be a german tank, and Lewis would be a tank, but Klitschkos gun would be longer" or "it's extremely difficult like catching a butterfly with tweezers... very... very... hard"

Archived