Much to do about SideBusting

nocalfr8tr

Okay, okay, so, what is it with this sidebusting dilemma that gets so many of us up in arms. most trains are usually around 45-70 feet long and can fit about 3-4 nice size pieces on them, if you utilize all the space efficiently. knowing how expensive it is to travel and meet other writers, sometimes its nice to have an opportunity to bust with someone besides your krew, a taste of variety. i can understand if someone does an end to end and you bust over some guys piece just to be involved with a good writer on a freight, and end up having quite a few people heated at you. but if some guy does a, say, the left panel of a boxcar, and the right is perfectly clean, then i feel you should have the right to bust on that clean panel. i never see freights as a territorial thing. if i bust a panel, i'd love to see a good piece busted on the other side someday. i usually paint with my entire krew so i rarely have the opportunity to do this, infact, i never have. but if the chance came, knowing skill level is of course up to par, i'd enjoy taking it. so, what are your thoughts, feelings, experiences? Let us all know!!

Asian Girls - Oh Yeah!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by nocalfr8tr

if some guy does a, say, the left panel of a boxcar, and the right is perfectly clean, then i feel you should have the right to bust on that clean panel.

mee too , paint wherever the fuck you want , who cares .......

why if every light is dark do i continue dancing

Guest TrustEvil

who the fuck is anyone kidding ? Any fr8head who looks down on sidebusting deserves to be sidebusted. Last time I checked none of us paid for any of the cars we paint, unless someone is renting out panels and i didn't know about it. Bottom line is when i need a spot and its there, i'm taking it. who the fuck is anyone to be insulted that someone else painted next to them...as long as you're respecting what is already up, then taking advantage of a clean panel to do what you need to do is just reality. if it ever gets to the point where we have to fight for space on the rails then we'll re-evaluate the situation then...till then, don't paint over anyone and bust your shit beside whoever the fuck you want...maybe you'll be famous one day.

the whole thing aobut the trains and open panel is basicly the same as a wall would you not put somthing up on a wall cause there was someone else a few feet down no it wouldent even cross your mind usualy so same thing should apply to trains

i hit up next to scar a few weeks before i met up and painted with him, he was cool with it, people need to chill the fuck out about that shit. just paint.

freights before this year, i couldnt tell you who was on the other end of me, some i know there was no one, but some had a few peices.

i didnt do the car because of who was on it, but because no one was on the end i hit.

whatever tho.

im just a toy.

Originally posted by TrustEvil

who the fuck is anyone kidding ? Any fr8head who looks down on sidebusting deserves to be sidebusted. Last time I checked none of us paid for any of the cars we paint, unless someone is renting out panels and i didn't know about it. Bottom line is when i need a spot and its there, i'm taking it. who the fuck is anyone to be insulted that someone else painted next to them...as long as you're respecting what is already up, then taking advantage of a clean panel to do what you need to do is just reality. if it ever gets to the point where we have to fight for space on the rails then we'll re-evaluate the situation then...till then, don't paint over anyone and bust your shit beside whoever the fuck you want...maybe you'll be famous one day.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH TRUST EVIL, ON THIS ONE...IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SOMEONE HITTING THE OTHER PANEL, YOUR'E A STRAIGHT UP'' DEXTER''...

Guest Merdle
Originally posted by seeking innocence

can someone explain to me how anyone could think they 'owned' an empty panel, just because they were on the other one? why is this even discussed?

thank you.

i always though it would be tight if two people paintint together purposely left a space inbetween there shit so that a random could fill the void and attempt to unify. to me that seems like fully using the medium we choose, adding another dimension to the mobile canvas.

as for sidebusting, i hear people talking about it all the time negatively, i dont get it. im happy if i see my shit sidebusted by someone who put in time.

buster.

Archived