FEMALE WRITERS POST FLICKS HERE

tEkRoCkS

Originally posted by Foxy Fantastic:

Thanx, I need some work tho 'cause I'm inna

slump. Each time I paint I try sumthin' new & different from the time before and I can do THAT ok but I can't seem to lock down ONE style and progress with it.

I keep thinkin' it's all just gonna flow right out of my pen/can or whatever one day and I'll be like "Oh hells yah, THAT'S MY style."

I'll get there. Any suggestions would be great!

I love feed back & help, positive & negative!

actually, i dont think you have a problem there at all. if you stayed with one style too long youd get type cast into it. i think its real good to constantly change up, even if its just a little. naturaly you will pick up things that will be trademarks to you.

most writers i know would kill to be able to do something different than the same old thing over and over. but i do hear you in your quest to develop what your doing before you change it up..

bye the way. i emailed you pretty recently. my email is all fucked up right now and i cant check it...but if you read my shit then you know who i am. please keep that to yourself. thanx. good luck in the quest

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Each time I paint I try sumthin' new & different from the time before and I can do THAT ok but I can't seem to lock down ONE style and progress with it.

From my personal experience, that's the best way to do things. I always try to switch things up on occasion to keep things from getting stale. It's always similar to the last effort put forth but it's a small step forward if you think about it. Creating your own style is tricky these days, and in my opinion... absolutely and incredibly difficult. You're well on your way though. Suggestions to you... just keep doing what you do and how you do it. You obviously have what it takes to be a great writer, and are surrounded by really good writers in KC. So I'm sure time will be kind.

Thanks for posting the images.

------------------

jokerihubaTranscend

Originally posted by Joker:

Creating your own style is tricky these days, and in my opinion... absolutely and incredibly difficult.

AMEN! No one is original in graffiti. Sure there are some writers that stand out from the others, but the aren't really doing anything new. It seems like everything has been done already....

Much respect to the Female* (not "chick") writers........

*bump*

[This message has been edited by ZENYTH.ASP (edited 07-03-2001).]

you know..fantastic..You are welcome on this board everytime..haha..everytime I go to make a comment..you were one step ahead..

about the sex appeal even though the face is tore out....I thought it was just common sense..but hey..some things crawl and some people walk..

Is that her painting outfit? lol

Actually it would be cool if we could see the WHOLE piece cause this looks like some guys girlfriend tryin' to "b-girl pose" in front of some graff, tryin' to be cool. Wierd

It looks like a good painting outfit to me, what is the last thing in the world it looks like she's going to do? write graffiti, exactly. May be i'm giving her to much credit but i dont think so. The last time i saw a flick of her bombing she was standind on the front bumper of an in service cali bus catching a tag right in the bus drivers grill, wearing some non graffitish clothes. If you can rock a purse dont complain, stick a can in that shit, some times i wish i could , uh um..

i never really liked pink's lettering that much,but i dont like too many of the old school writers letters. but graf aside,pink is a VERY good artist. and miss van is good also (and not for a girl either,cuz she could burn a lot of guys).

------------------

"...of course that's just my opinion,i could be wrong."-dennis miller

Is that her painting outfit? lol

Actually it would be cool if we could see the WHOLE piece cause this looks like some guys girlfriend tryin' to "b-girl pose" in front of some graff, tryin' to be cool. Wierd

Actually I've seen some of Tribe's pieces... I was actually surprised to see how well she can paint. Her letters were nice. Her fills were pretty nice too.

Those FAFI characters remind me of MissVan??

I must say my favorite female writer of all time is Reminisce. Her tags were dope... her horses were off the hook...

I really like your stuff Foxy Fantastic. You can probably take out a lot of boys on this board, hehe....

Damn, those Miss Van charactors look fuckin ill... mad props... I'd love to see a collabo with her and Mode2... man, that shit would be ill... and if she looks any thing like the last 2 she's fuckin BANGIN!... doubt it tho...

did everyone forget about DANCE? sorry I aint got any flix, but post up!

------------------

There comes a time in every mans education when he reaches the conviction that envy is ignorance: and Imitation is suicide.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest the heebie jeebies

any..

kim/fu?

shygirl?

esa?

phen?

miss van is good..

so is diva.

i never really liked pink's stuff. it was a little too 'eighties' for me i guess (sarcasm on the eighties comment, by the way, i still don't like it)... by the way.

rem is good..

who else??/

mmm that's all i can think of for now.. oh yeah mes3 and secert. main2 also. all top notch and choice...

Archived