last thing you ate?

tue skinny

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This is a "Jibarito" sandwich with arroz con gandules.. apparently this is only a chicago thing from what my buddy from the island says but basically its a steak sandwich with onions, mayo, lettuce, tomato and cheese but instead of bread it's between two pieces of fried plantains with a mashed garlic sauce on top.. Rice with pigeon peas and the ball on the left is a relleno de papa  aka potato ball with ground beef in the middle.. and coco rico is a coconut flavored pop kind of like sprite.. 

Wepa 🇵🇷

Edited by Tails0nE
  • Like 1
  • Props 1

10 minutes ago, Tails0nE said:

This is a "Jibarito" sandwich with arroz con gandules.. apparently this is only a chicago thing from what my buddy from the island says but basically its a steak sandwich with onions, mayo, lettuce, tomato and cheese but instead of bread it's between two pieces of fried plantains with a mashed garlic sauce on top.. Rice with pigeon peas and the ball on the left is a relleno de papa  aka potato ball with ground beef in the middle.. and coco rico is a coconut flavored pop kind of like sprite.. 

Wepa 🇵🇷

That sounds bad ass. I thought I was looking at an American Cuban sandwich with fried plantains as bread but have never heard of such a thing before. Very intriguing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^Canned spaghetti in a sammich is next level creative.

I call them jaffles, but learned that from your peoples when I was a kid. I guess we call them paninis or that could be called a grilled spaghetti sammich.

F5C9FC26-563B-4FAA-AF1A-DCEFA6A03711.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

what do Northern hemisphere people call these?

IMG_6262.thumb.jpg.c33470a5f083a39613487d180b5f3302.jpg

down under we call them Jaffles or toasties

This one filled with heinz spaghetti because I'm broke this month.

<insert chuzzwzzler gif here>

image.png.2b7493a96276b468bb21192c50898242.png

Tf is this shit son?! Lol. Almost as bad as that Mac and cheese pizza I posted a little while back. 

• LOL! 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...