Tech support (help for my scanner)

T.T Boy

uh yeah im stupid and retarded, could someone help me with my scanner problems? ok i try and scan images and it says im not allowed it gives me the following message:

Scanner not Found

1 powwer adapter i not plugged into the scanner connector

2 USB cable is not properly connected with the scanner or PC

3 USB setting is enable in BIOS

it cant be the first two so im guessing its the last one but i have no clue what that means. i called the place where i bought the thing and they have no clue what i mean, and the company is retarded and doesent have anything related to this in the help section. so im resorting to 12oz for help. any suggestions people? sorry for wasting your time.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

try this...

open photoshop (or whatever image software you have)

go to file menu - import - sellect TWAIN source.

TWAIN is how the computer talks to the scanner.

I'm not sure about your personal set-up, so the rest is up to you.

"3 USB setting is enable in BIOS"

when you computer is booting up, right when you turn it on, you will see a thing that says press the del key to enter setup. press that. thats the bios or basic input output system. yea well it will most likely be under advanced settings. there will be a usb thing, an switch it to enabled, it will probably be on disabled. then hit save and exit. hit y for yes. an it should be working, if #3 was the problem in the first place. those are basic guidlines im sure you can figure it out if you mess around with it.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Try what iceberg said as a last option, BIOS aint nothing to fuck with...

1) have you installed the scanner software? (i know it sounds retarded but i have to ask)

2) check all cables, make sure its all set.

3)If its a new scanner, it could be 'locked'. The lamp is locked so no damage can happen while shipping, its a simple switch somewhere on the scanner, the manual sais about it.

4)Unistall the scanner software and reinstall it, it worked for me in the past.

5)most computers have two usb's, try the other one...

Thats all i can think of right now

hmmmmm i dont seem to get that screen, all i get is a compaq screen and it jumps straight to windows, i know what i should be looking for but it doesent shwo up on this computer. if i do an improper shut down, it still doesent come up.

oh, it's there TT, but Compaq has ALWAYS been the shittiest pc to have to work on... anyway, all that aside... turn the computer all the way off... turn it back on and try holding the 'del' key... if that doesn't work, you might get a "stuck key" error and it might tell you the right key... if not, start again and try holding down F1... this will take you into your BIOS...

BIOS - base level hardware commands that configure your system upon startup... without the BIOS you can't even have a working computer, much less a desktop so, I'm afraid, there's only one way to get to it...

as a last resort, you might try the 'Esc' key as well... if you don't find what you are looking for in the BIOS, be sure you "Exit without saving changes" to insure that everything else continues to work

Archived