sketch

alpha

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest AidsIsDeadlyShit

yourphotos.com .. put yer shit on there.. click on the tumbnail so it is big.. right click on it .. select properties.. then highlight the link given (URL) then right click on the highlighted URL and select copy (**dont pres ctrl+c. it dont work**) then in you post do '> put the curser inbetween the (here)'> and pres ctrl+p or select paste from teh edit menu

i think im gonna save this on my computer so i can just post it everytime some kid dont know how to post ...

my advice:

forget about all the fancy colouring in and the shadows and 3d effects and all that. Just concentrate on developing the style of your letters. I'm sure there are many ppl on this board far more qualified than me to tell you how to do that, but my advice is just to stick it out.

Just look at loads and loads of flix. Get out and go to your local wall of fame, go trackside and look at the illegal styles. Bite whatever takes your fancy. Play around with the letters in your mind and sketch whatever comes up.

In the end you'll come up with a sketch that looks nothing like that original style that you copied (well, it works for me :-D), and, with any luck, you'll have something at least half-decent. Bear in mind that _someone_, _somewhere, will have done it all before, but so what - we can't all be innovators :-)

Something that I havent done (yet) would be to just get out there and paint. Two ways to go:

Either somewhere outta the way so you don't get called a toy. This way you can experiment and gain can control and learn what you can do with a can/roller (as opposed to doing it on paper which seems to be, at least partly, a different ball game).

Or you can go right out into the open and bomb your town to shit with your wack little style and face getting called a toy. People will hate you, but you'll be noticed and people will be able to follow you as your style and talent progress.

There we go. I'll do you a favour and stop talking out of my ass now.

I like the crazy crayola one, I've never seen graffiti interpreted that way before. Obviously you've got some work to do, but there isn't one writer out there who hasn't started as a total toy, so stay strong and don't listen to cats who dis you, because they never stop no matter how good you get. Most of the people with crazy attitude are just hanging on and don't really rock shit, get in with a good crew who are going somewhere and vibe off of each other's positive energy. Like some of the other people said, start simple, it looks way nicer and it's a good way to get can control and properly understand lettering.

Good Luck

Archived