WHATS WORSE????? STATE YOUR OPINION

cmeup

Originally posted by Jewish Task Force

My opinion is: IF YOU HAVE NO STREET CREDENTIAL, YOU ARE NOT A WRITER IN MY BOOK. Most writers in big cities understand this. But the suburban kids who saw graff on the internet, TV, or their visit to a big city who decided that graff is the thing to do wont understand this. Most big city writers grow up looking at graff on the streets and know that that is where graff belongs, not in some back alley legal spot, or might as well be legal spot that you cant paint in all day. Sure if you are an established writer with street credential, its fun sometimes to go and chill out and paint. But if thats all you do.....................Fuck that.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The important thing to remember is that, for some of us, to get just a shred of respect coming up you had to bomb. Nothing else mattered. Pure, illegal work. That's it. Until you got that part down you were just fucking laughed at (or smacked around or vamped or whatever.) So, for those of us that had to do that to survive in this culture to hear that bombing isn't all that important... that makes me sick. It literally turns my stomach. It makes me hate people.

That said, I definitely understand that people get old and lose motivation and/ or get too much heat legally to continue the midnight missions. If those people want to do nothing but scrub spots and legals, more power to them. But if that's all you ever did. Fuck you.

Originally posted by cmeup

word is bond. i think your statement: "IF YOU HAVE NO STREET CREDENTIAL, YOU ARE NOT A WRITER IN MY BOOK. " is kinda ughhh how to say it, ummmmm not totally valid.

its like saying kids who dont RACK arent real writers to me...

thanks for your input to... good comment.

teaser

You dont understand. If you buy all your paint but bomb like fucking crazy in dope spots you still get credit. But if you rack (or buy) all your paint but you dont pay your dues on the street, but you paint legal walls, fuck off wanker.

Its like the Hells Angels, you gotta pay your fucking dues before you get to wear that patch on your back. Sure you can have a dope Hog with Ape hangers, but if you dont pay your dues, you are just another wannabe.

Originally posted by Jewish Task Force

You dont understand. If you buy all your paint but bomb like fucking crazy in dope spots you still get credit. But if you rack (or buy) all your paint but you dont pay your dues on the street, but you paint legal walls, fuck off wanker.

Its like the Hells Angels, you gotta pay your fucking dues before you get to wear that patch on your back. Sure you can have a dope Hog with Ape hangers, but if you dont pay your dues, you are just another wannabe.

dog, i totally, understand where you coming from. my comment about yours being not totally valid is totally different than what you just tried to explain to me man...

fuck, I KNOW it doesnt matter whether you rack or buy, like you said, if you doing shit in tha streets, ofcourse your gaining street credibility man.... its fucking common sense.

so calm down man... you right, i never questioned what you said, i agreed. so chill.

tease

Anyone know where I can find a good copy of the Rules and Regulations of Being A Real Writer 101?

go out..turn off the computer...and go paint..fuck it all to hell...who the hell really cares..We all hate each other anyways...go jump off a bridge...fuck it...the only thing I like about graff is myself anyhow.

me, me...and me-my alter ego.

welllllllll

See..... I come from Colorado where you couldn't catch a legal wall on a good day so you just learn to paint all illegals. SO when I went to Portland last summer, I got to paint at the legal school wall up there and all the cats tripped on how fast I paint. I didn't realize it but for 9 years I have done almost all illegals with the ocasional production. So I have grown to paint fast. Not bragging, just saying that illegals did that to me.

Wierd i guess.

CAPS...... painting is painting.... just do it good but know your history.

Originally posted by ASER1NE

its all the same shit to me , but growin on illegal shit is WAY more fun , if youre a 'legal eagle ' , you just lack that real world experience thats just fuckin cool

Word Im wit you on that kid I think ya need ta do illegals ta get the real experience out of writin dont get me wrong legals are fun and all but jus lake something....

Originally posted by ASER1NE

its all the same shit to me , but growin on illegal shit is WAY more fun , if youre a 'legal eagle ' , you just lack that real world experience thats just fuckin cool

Word Im wit you on that kid I think ya need ta do illegals ta get the real experience out of writin dont get me wrong legals are fun and all but jus lack something....

In my opinion paint to get better, legal or not. Yes doing illegals makes you faster and definately gets you more respect but whats important is developing your style and technique. i think you shouldn't just stick to one or the other though cuz I've had some pretty chill times at a legal spots with some other writers and its been fun not havin to look over your shoulder... but bombin is about gettin out and goin to other places. Its all about paintin either way you look at it though. Peace...

id rather some one go practice on a chill wall, learn the basics and then go out and start getting up. No one wants to have some nasty eyesore throw up out there, and your not going to want to be deemed toy first day out .

The only downside is no one else is going to see your progression..

I don't know even ONE writer who's never ever painted a legal or 'chill' spot. Not one. Even the hard bombers still paint legals now and then. Painting is painting - it's good to do a chill spot once in a while, for people who are coming up, and for old timers too. But you gotta bomb.

However, shit, alot of crews have their yard where they routinely paint, and that seems totally respected by the graff community. I respect --- for having an area of their own - even though millions of writers from all over paint there, it was theirs to begin with. ya see? You can be just as creative in trying to find your own chill/permy/secret spots.

But People who say "chill spots are for pussies" are toys, and they are just now getting the joys of painting illegally and they're worried about what their friends think, and they're afraid of people talking shit. Insecure little shitheads in my opinion.

Archived