My art work and stuff......

Frate_Raper

speaking of font.................... http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'>

some words about biting...

first off....the frames and twist...

you know how many people use 'thrift shop' frames?

fucking loads.....twist was not the first...raper is not the last.

next....collage.............................whenever someone gets

called for biting, its always in reference to another writer...

and the one talkin' shit never seems to have any grip on

art history or the progress of fine arts, so it never gets mentioned, like somehow the whole history of creative arts doesn't matter....frate and font aren't the first to be rockin' paste and/or collage

on a wall/blackbook/canvas......................how come nobody

is sayin' "yo man, thats a schwitters bite.."?

i mean if your gonna get all snappy about someone's style, you should know the whole deal right?

by graf standards of 'biting', twist has bitten certain drawing styles from the 30's and 40's, and his color scheme isn't entirely original either......not to mention the use of bottles as a subject isn't very original....

using different mediums, materials or methods doesn't equal

biting......i haven't seen fonts book, so i don't know....

generalizing...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

FR...

Jack Fuck here...first off i didn't realize who it was until i saw "hopeless". Also I was basically reffering to the two portraits the whole time. If they weren't there I wouldn't even have posted any negative comments. Sorry for coming off accusingly, i've just seen too many people taking credit for things that they saw him do first, and this has nothing to do with writting I saw it all around school.

Anyways, this is gay, it's none of my business what other people do and if he even cared he could surely fight his own battles, so fuck it. You're down with font and that's all there is to it...peace.

by the way brown twinkie, i didn't comment on the frames or the collage and as i mentioned already it was just those two portraits. I didn't even use the term biting. Maybe your comments were targeted at someone else's reply. I wouldn't reffer to artists such as schwitters or rauschenberg in this situation because there's a good chance that the influence came from another writer and not an art book. But if you were commenting on the other replies then your comments where definetely valid,

and i agree...

I have nothing against you don't take the jack fuck thing to heart.I use that as a discriptive term alot.I can't do characters that well. I'm using basic styles and structures to build my shit up.The main difference is the NECKS! no long necks and slimer esc bodies.I use teeth and thick eye brows I'm guess thats the common thing that ties it, but I use blends unlike he did with his early work with hopes of creating more depth.I'm not Lux and ripping fonters shit to a t.Yes I do use schwitters and rauschenberg for influence on my work I've got a bunch of post cards of each(such a dorkie thing to admit to but their stolen is that graffiti enough for you guys?) If any one finds Rauschenberg post cards with my tag on them send them to me ppppplllease I lost them in montreal.

peace

Thanks for the input I take what you have to say seriously unlike most of the people here I know you and some of your back ground as an artist.

hit the email

tardcrew@graffiti.net

[This message has been edited by Frate Raper (edited 08-10-2001).]

Originally posted by ulcer:

Does your assface not know how to observe, or is it a problem with your assbrain?

Actually i was just stating my opinion. dont get mad unless thats your boyfriend.

look he has skill but the composititon is tired. And mass producing the same ish over and over...i just dint feel anything form those except that someone was trying to do something differernt and in the process watered their shit down.

oh no dont say that assface cause i cant draw and it looks really good to me. dont hate on me cause ive been there and done that.

lightyearsahead.

I 've never seen anything by twist that looks like mine.If their is any influence it's from the inside of an old fugazi album I have.

Assface it's a series I did for school their was about 15 10 had the same style frames but I've sold most of the ones with the same frames.

Thanks for all the feed back.

I took that picture of that wall finshed my peice walked to my car and was arrested.It's a shitty place now but once was off the fucking hook.You can still rock their but gotta watch out.

Guest chicken bone

raper your style doesnt look anythign like twist i meant that he does similar collages with picture frames with characters in them and stuff too, maybe oyu would like to know that? he does it for his shows and gallerys.. i just pointed it out since besides you hes the only writer of my knowledge that does that.. unless those are canvas frames then nevermind. i'll go to sleep now.

------------------

chicken bone!

Dearest Assface;

Though your opinions regarding the work featured above are generally inconsequential to me, I respect your right to have an opinion. As for the insinuation that I can't draw, I must inform you that I can. So well infact that I need not shit on others to boost my ego. You are light years ahead alright, you've spent a number of light years by the sounds of things.

Keeping a heavy workload,

Ulcer.

Originally posted by ulcer:

Does your assface not know how to observe, or is it a problem with your assbrain?

i guess your powers of deduction wouldnt let you understand my observations.

which werent a diss. I thought i smelled some art school assignment and thats why im not feeling it. and yes the composition has twist written all over it.

im just not a big fan of art as HOMEWORK.

Guest rules for mules

i don't like those collages. you can tell the artist tried a bit too hard and came up realllly short.

it's stock imagery. the characters. the paint labels. the cardboard. it's been done all before..

please for the sake of good art, please try and have some creativly, when it comes down to it..........

Originally posted by chicken bone:

raper your style doesnt look anythign like twist i meant that he does similar collages with picture frames with characters in them and stuff too, maybe oyu would like to know that? he does it for his shows and gallerys.. i just pointed it out since besides you hes the only writer of my knowledge that does that.. unless those are canvas frames then nevermind. i'll go to sleep now.

there are quite a few people who do that same composition with framed charachters. see, twist would make a wall collage where as i think dude is just handing them on the wall in a decent fasion. if theres any influence that i can see its phil frost.

but that style that dude is doing is so popular right now with cardboard and spray paint, stencils, and tags...its a big thing. nice work by the way.

------------------

"Rain, it's rain again, rain down on my parade, i'm wrong you're right it's not what you would do - walk one mile in these shoes..."

Archived