The Vapors...The cover...

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

I just got a copy of The Vapors...finnaly. I wont even talk about whats inside the mag. This note is just about the cover.

Apart from the superior design, handstyles, composition, dope color schemes and all that stuff that we're used seeing from 12oz. I want to focus on something else, its a fact that the cover is minimalistic in a way....Have you noticed just how detailed and complex that thing is???

If you know what i'm talking about you had, if you dont, just hold the mag in an angle towards light and shit will start to pop out...seriously thats the smartest thing i've ever seen printed, all of you that use mags as a base for practising handstyles know what i mean, something similar is also on page 19. From a technical point of view i cant even think how the hell did they do that (on the cover) but apart from anything else its extremely interesting to me that it cant be copied in any way, that detail just cant be copied, scanned, photocopied...Its the way money is designed.

Thats all.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

vapors1.jpg

Here's the cover, the thing is you CANT see what i'm talking about here.

Yeah, i'm talking about the scratchtag wich can be slightly seen above the 'S' on the vapors red tag, but that only a small detail....

Unfuckinbelievable.

you know i got that mag about a month ago i was thinking that same thing.

i remember i sat and stared at the cover in at all angles thinking how they did that just like rubbing my finger on it. it really is a dope cover. the skuf ykk interview and revs interview is good too.

that cover's really cool, reminds me a bit of the cover of 'chiastic slide' by autechre.. holdnohostage also has really good design.

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by Tesseract

I just got a copy of The Vapors...finnaly. I wont even talk about whats inside the mag. This note is just about the cover.

Apart from the superior design, handstyles, composition, dope color schemes and all that stuff that we're used seeing from 12oz. I want to focus on something else, its a fact that the cover is minimalistic in a way....Have you noticed just how detailed and complex that thing is???

If you know what i'm talking about you had, if you dont, just hold the mag in an angle towards light and shit will start to pop out...seriously thats the smartest thing i've ever seen printed, all of you that use mags as a base for practising handstyles know what i mean, something similar is also on page 19. From a technical point of view i cant even think how the hell did they do that (on the cover) but apart from anything else its extremely interesting to me that it cant be copied in any way, that detail just cant be copied, scanned, photocopied...Its the way money is designed.

Thats all.

i think it's called metallic varnishing .

Archived