COPS ARE HERE! evidence, betrayal... BE AWARE!

canttouch

I dont get why everyone is so surprised about this. If you feel violated or scared then its because YOU gave out too much info. The internet is a free for all.....everyone should know this by now. Remember when that Dave guy was arround with his anti graff web site? I don't think this is all bad. Stuff like this reminds us that we cant just run our mouths on here like its a sewing circle or something.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you hate the 'crew' so much, why don't you start you're own site?

then YOU can feel free to run things however YOU want

...good idea..don't fuck with the site anymore

see.. i think that this is turning into a new kind of topic, one in which wasn't intended but yet is still interesting enough. the internet is a fucking spiderweb of things left behind, nicknames, webpages, etc... all of which somehow link back to you.

its really fun watching you guys figure stuff out like little sleuths.. using search engines and such... just look what you find.. seriously, think about all the old screen names, emails, everything you've had.. how they could be traced back to you.

like that, i know seekings full name, an address where he could hypothetically be reached at, etc.. not because i am his friend, or that i have even met him. i just have a program that gave it all to me. all of these things, in conjunction with your participation on a web-board with an illegal topic, makes you a very easy target. like that, im sure seeking knows how i got this info, and im sure he doesn't care... its just fun to realize what exhists out there about you, your habbits, etc..

just watch your ass on this thing, the "world wide web" is the best name for the internet, it grabs onto info you send out, and holds it till some spider comes along and uses it for whatever purpose.

Originally posted by cheerleader

yo 16v....exactly. i know for a fact that nigger art got banned not so much for his name, but because he was clowning almost everyone in the bike thread. this bothered the crew and the name was an excuse to ban him. the ironic thing is, to me, that the people banning him and talking shit to you are kids that dont even fuckin write....it makes me laugh out loud when i think of the writers who are crew BANNING nigger art.....what a joke.

but you hit the nail on the head, as i said in the post before this....the crew deletes whatever they want and they do it like fuckin retards. i spent forever trying to get the fuckin SKREW thread closed and the reason they didnt close it was cause most of them didnt even know what the problem was...they hardly KNOW shit about graff...but yet they can shut down me and you and people like NIGGER ART whenever we rub them the wrong way. its lame. and its a shame cause this site could be pretty decent if an actual writer was on the crew.

thats the stupidest fucking shit ive ever heard. real writers? im SURE they are some up mother fuckers.. well, a few anyway. what does their ability to be a writer have to do with the ammount of time they spend babysitting everyone on here.. they arent nannies, and shouldn't be expected to watch your ass.. the cool thing is that they clean up after you PERIOD.. they could just sit back and watch your ass fry.

its your own fault if info gets out that you didnt want out... sorry, but thats life. YOU make the mistakes, not SEEKING, not THELAW, or RAVEN, SONIK3000, or anyone else who is a mod here.. they just keep things in line. im sure what catches their attention gets nabbed, but like that... watch your OWN ass..

Originally posted by Are2

yeah..nigger art gets up so much these days

lol

? yeah...relative to your career, i cant believe you can talk highpost like that. even if dude never wrote again in his life, he'd still run laps around you. rep comes from painting, not dating painters.

Guest beardo

you guys should start a new thread on this. since you and i talked last, cheerleader, this topic has been on mind quite a bit.

Guest THE LAW

Hmmmm....THE LAW isn't quite sure what to say. it's almost worth breaking character for.

Firstly, THE LAW WILL say that there IS policy on who or what gets banned/deleted and what doesn't. and he doesn't think it would hurt to share it.

DELETION

1. The man who runs the show decided not to harbor threads on racking and etch bath. He pays for this site, and that's his decision. You just don't go smoking the crack in someone's house that's designated as a "non crack smoking" house. It's just not polite. It may seem lame, but any professional in either of these fields should thank the lord 12oz prophet doesn't host these topics. Law enforcement dying to know the "secrets" of our culture can scoop them up with a 20 minute search and thousands of toys dying to know the techniques to heat up your spots can't be good for anyone.

2. Any spot blowing up BY ANYONE...even, allegedly, yourself. We don't know if you are who you're proclaiming to be and it's not worth the risk to get anyone busted. This is inconsistent for the main reason that the moderators who are more sensitive to this DO NOT READ EVERY THREAD. (maybe about 1 out of every 30 in the bench). We have a system in place for warning moderators about content. If you read something of sensitive content...even if it has nothing to do with you. For god's sake, help out some fellow criminals trying to get over. Just click on the Warn button at the bottom right side of any post and it will send an e mail to the moderators of the forum. You can also help us out in the following ways:

a. keep your fucking mouth shut

b. stay out of other people's business

c. should someone say something stupid, don't quote it in your post, it takes twice as long to delete.

d. don't drop little hints that you think nobody understands, just to "let people know you know what they know". c'mon. quit playing yourself.

e. never mention dates, places that work was done, no matter how "known" you think that information is.

f. was "keeping your fucking mouth shut" mentioned?

3. Stupid threads by no-nothing retards. you know what THE LAW's talking about

4. Duplicate topics.

That's it. Threads should not be deleted for any other reason. of course there are exceptions where shit just gets too silly, but then they are usually just closed down.

BANNING

there is also a policy for this, although it, as has been noted in this thread, is not consistently implemented. banning occurs for the following reasons.

1. you have a bad e mail address. (most common). e mail webmaster @12ozprophet.com to get re instated

2. someone in the same IP block as you got banned. same thing

3. you are disruptive to the flow of the board. you will then receive a private e mail warning, a public warning and if you continue being a pain in the ass, you get banned. personal vendettas against crew members and unpopular opinions only become "bannable offenses" if they disrupt the flow of the board. this HAS NOT been true in the past, but will be implemented consistently (quite frankly) when the "crew" gets their shit together and discusses who has committed "bannable offenses" rather than going off by themselves and banning people because they got their feelings hurt.

4. you do not respect people's privacy and you drop info on other people. use your head, if you know what someone writes and they never mention it, call them by their user name. it's pretty easy for law enforcement to do a search by keyword. once again...THINK. This ain't a secret club, anyone can look here.

that's about it for banning.

lastly, take a fucking hint from THE LAW.

what does he write?

what city does he live in?

>??????

....exactly

Guest THE LAW

and to all those crying for bobobi11's banishment:

uhhh...why? like it would be some punishment for her to not be able to post here? no matter what we do, she can still read all this and gather all the info these retards are so quick to leak.

besides, THE LAW, for one would like to hear what she has to say if she ends up showing her face again. if anyone has convincing arguments that show that not banning her would pose a threat to the community, please set it forth.

this seems to have been quoted a couple times, and always out of context, with a lack of understanding concerning the nature of the comment...

Originally posted by Smart

WTF? Where's Seeking when you need him...

I'd like to point out that this was a sarcastic comment, illustrating the fact that usually the shit is heaped on Seeking in such a large and ignorant way... I was saying 'doesn't this shit usually happen to someone else?' NOT 'I need some back up,let me call the OTHER angry moderator'

as far as calling you kids posts 'ignorant' well... I'll concede that some points were vaild, and I think THE LAW addressed those, but every other sentence is a personal insult, from people that don't 'know' me... whatever, it averages out to moral bankruptcy with me so I don't feel bad for taking the 'low road' on this issue.

Guest --zeSto--

here's an example of a thread that didn't need to get closed link

note the date. This was BEFORE 'taliban' was the CNN buzz word.

This may have fallen into the massive 9-11 thread,

but the subject matter was different. (not a duplicate, but a realted topic)

This thread was about politics,

and there was research put into the content.

I dont think the thread needed to be closed,

but I'm not going to bother arguing with seeking over it.

sometimes shit happens.

Guest THE LAW
Originally posted by cheerleader

hmmm...and the policy on all the threads closed that DIDNT violate any of that? i guess thats just a crew "perk".

good question. THE LAW is making public the policy so hopefully it will be less of an issue in the future, you can fill in the blanks yourself. it ain't some missile silo that you gotta turn all the keys at once to delete something.

zesto, i closed that topic because in the hours following the 9/11 incident, everyone and there mom was trying to make their own threads. we made an executive decision to keep the related threads to a minimum. we didnt censor anything that anyone had to say about it, we just asked that it be contained in one place. if you cant understand, sorry bro... must have sucked to carry that anger around with you for the last 7 months.

cheerleader, wheres all this new found animosity for me coming from? last i knew, we were cool.

i had nothing to do with your skrybe thread, and if you'll think back, i was totally in agreement with you, so why the hell would i close it? as for the skrew thread you keep bringing up, did you ever email me about it? if you did, i would have closed it. i hardly ever go into the bench, and when i do, i look at flics and i leave. i dont read the bullshit that gets said. that stuff will make you dumb.

as far as the rest of the issues, whatever, refer to the laws thread.

Guest --zeSto--

yeah... it's been hell ! :rolleyes:

That thread was about the mistreatment of women under the taliban regime.

Too bad you missed that.

And my point of bringing it up again is in defence of the mods decisions.

It's your job to run things and the mods shouldn't have to justify

why decisions were made (in most cases).

threads get closed...boo hoo... move on.

When a thread that only says... "Yo! where can I find giant flickx?" pops up, close it.

It bothers me to see the truly useless threads left floating.

I'm going to agree with most of what Cheerleader has to say. He makes valid points that I think, we as crew, should take in to consideration. I don't ban much nor do I really pay close attention to what goes on around here. I didn't even know about this Bobo person till today. So I want to apologize for not being as supportive as I should be, as a moderator.

I also want to go on file as admitting that I brought attention to Nigger Art with the other moderators. He was being a bit rash in the bike thread, but like most posts I can just shrug that kind of shit off. The reason I brought his name to their attention was simply that... his name. I didn't think it was appropriate and I thought some might take offense to it. Though with all the white suburban thugs in here maybe I'm wrong.

As for this Bobo character... I think posting her info is fucked up. I don't care who she is or what she has done. If it was a writer who snitched someone out we wouldn't let anyone post their address in retaliation. Am I out of line?

If I've pissed anyone off I'd appreciate an email instead of a post in this thread...

joker_transcend@hotmail.com

I've read tons of stories about writers getting busted through the internet, and I'd hate for that to happen to any of my friends because of 12oz. I think Cheerleader made a lot of good points. I appreciate the work that the crew does, and I enjoy reading this site, but getting rid of incriminating gossip on the Bench has been a little slow.

If the crew bans someone for that reason, I don't think they'd need an explanation on why they got banned. For example, if you told them "You were banned because you were spilling gossip about so and so". That's just adding more fuel to the fire.

???

Originally posted by Fox Mulder

if it is true regulator it means that bobobi11 is actually a anti-graffiti whore who is trying to gather information and that kinda shit.

ur fucking retarded read the first reply u fuckin idiot ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck

cheerleader, please take a couple things into account.

1. you dont have to open a thread to know if it is a duplicate, just scrolling down the screen will show that. that goes for other threads such as etch bath, racking, etc. if someone were to post a topic that says 'hey, look at onorok's at high school year book picture' you can bet we would check it out. we cant, dont, and will never read every post, in every thread.

2. if someone alerts us to a problem in a thread, ie: name dropping, giving out info, etc, we will delete that or close it without question. again i ask you, did you tell anyone about the skrew thread? i know you didnt email me. if you did i would have taken care of it. i edit atleast one post everyday because someone emails me and tells me so and so blew up a spot, or gave out an alias... if you had alerted us, i gurantee it would have been taken care of.

3. the charge of nepotism: i can only speak for myself on this, but i know that my only 'allegience' is with my fellow 'crew' members. im not part of some big graffiti crew, nor do i know any big name writers. because of that, i could care less about 'protecting' anyones reputation (although i'll do my best to protect every writers safety.) this site is owned, funded and ran by writers just like you, 'nigger art' and 16v. can you honestly say that if they were running it, that it would be any different? you saw hifi, tell me that was the model for fair, equal and just.

4. the banning of 'nigger art.' he was banned only because of his name, not because of anything he posted. if he wants to make another name, he's more than welcome to come back. if people want to scream about censorship because none of us felt comfortable with that name floating around the board, potentialy offending many of our members, then so be it.

5. if you'll go back to my response to 16v, i did agree with him.

finally, none of us are such petty, egomaniacle assholes, that we cant see the larger picture here. the 'crew' that you claimed never paints, contains several of the most respected writers in the country. we're all here because we believe in raven, we believe in eachother and we believe in writting. none of us give a fuck about politics. if you see something thats not right, let us know. it will be taken down immediatly. the 'warn' button sends an email to every one of us. i promise if someone sends an email, the situation will be dealt with, within half an hour.

am i making any sense here?

Archived