EXERCISE

REGULATOR

i kno aser started a topic but that was mostly about losing weight...but heres teh thing

i have the endurance of a vegtable, my stomach is flabbier than a mans cock when watching the view, and im fuckin skinny

but i got a few direct question about exercising

1. what should i eat before and after exercising? what should i not eat?

2. if i do about 100-200 situps a day, about how long before i turn my flabby stomach into some muscle?

3. how can i put on weight?? i eat alot but im still fuckin skinny...how old you gotta be before using those weight gaining pills? i want muscle, not fat

thanks for any info- skinny dude who wants good body to impress hot girls at school oner peace

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i used to really be into working out, so i know a bit... a toned stomach is more an issue of diet than anything.. once you get to the point for potential toning anyway.

if you want to loose weight, dont eat anything after working out, your body will store as much of it as possible. if you have to eat, eat protein (preferabbly turkey or skinless chicken breast). Eat something light about an hour before working out, preferabbly protein or complex carbs.

as far as weight gaining, i'd say wait til you're 16.... likewise with lifting weights in general.

though i never took any weight gainer, i used to take amino acids, which gave me energy.

you can have tone without endurance, but it's bad for your heart.

yea im very slender...i just want to get bigger, but have a toned stomach...its sorta doesnt match.....do i get hella fat? then work out? or eat hella healthy foods to sorta put some muscle weight on my chest, then work out to make em toned?

lately ive been training with my friend that plays football and is getting ready for track plus i go to school for this so i can suggest a couple things.

the average american meal can feed 2 people so simply cut your meals in half and cut out the junk. i drink a lot of water so im always full of something.

treadmill-pretty boring if you just run on it straight but if you know how to switch it up, its fun. this is for endurance and im pretty sure it could be good for your general health. start and a speed of 5 and set the incline at the same. run this for 30 sec then rest for 30 sec. increase the speed to 6 and the incline to six and do the same thing. keep going in one incraments untill youve reached the fastest you can run. do that speed and incline twice then start decreasing in one incraments. and you can do a light jog for 20 minutes or you can keep doing up and down with the speed and incline. try going in one incraments but if you find out you cant run that fast, do it in halves.

weights-if you go to the gym, there is staff that can help you but basically-you supposed to do 60% of your max. more than 60% and fewer reps to get big and power, less than 60% and more reps to get cut and endurance. find out your max so you can find out what youre supposed to do. each set, i do at least ten reps then keep doing more until i cant. 3 or 4 sets is fine.another thing you can do is increase wieght and decrease reps each set.

oh, you need to work out 3 times a week. any more you less wont really do anything for you. you can run on the treadmill everyday though san youll benefit from that. i do all this stuff and enjoy myself. find a friend to work out with cuz that can make it funner.

another thing, protein is to rebuild muscles. you porbably get enought from the food you eat and any excess gets peed out so dont wasted money on powder. carbohydrates come from sugars like bread and pasta and fruit. good for energy but if you consume more than you use, it gets stored as fat.

Originally posted by ASER1NE

i would just like to note that my thread was not about " losing weight " specifically , but rather just getting into better shape.........

that what i based it on-better shape. losing weight and getting in shape goes hand on hand. you dont see fat wide receivers or fat track stars so losing weight is a component to better shape. all the extra fat weight you carry isnt dong you any good.

I believe someone did answer your question -

this is what i do -

before I work out I eat nothing, and I drink some water, but not enough to fill my stomach. You should exercise on a relatively empty stomach, or at least not a full one. Something small to give you some energy is a good idea. No junk food kind of energy though. whole grains or something.

after I work out I drink lots of water (after I've cooled off a bit). I eat yogurt or oatmeal because I am vegetarian, so I don't really believe in eating all that protein. But it's true - if you want to build muscle, eat protein after working out.

If you want to lose weight don't eat a meal right after working out, wait until a reasonable 'meal time' or something.

Do crunches and leg lifts to strengthen your skinny flabby stomach. Every other day, at least.

Also, if you are young, like a teenager or something - you should build endurance and strengthen your muscles, but don't try to bulk up....your body is what it is. I've seen some guys get really too bulky because they tried to get bigger as teenagers - then when they grew up and filled out naturally they turned into Mr. Fatneck.

*according to a guy who 'looked the part' but basically was just as drunk as me and standing in a bar... appareently he ws 'Mr. somesoutheastern city' for 4 years runnig... basically he said...

don't do alot of abdominal exercises, because, basically, exercise builds muscle... if you want to be thinner, then you want to lose weight, not build muscle... ALSO, muscle weighs more than fat, so you'll gain weight, AND muscle turns to fat, so you'll gain MORE weight...

if you need to trim down, rely on aerobic exercise to 'trim the fat' but avoid strenuous abdominal exercise, like sit ups, or drinking a case of beer...

that's not completely true.... increased muscle leads to increased metabolism... also, you should ahve enough muscle that your body can support strenuous activities (ie. strong knees for running, etc).

i should also point out that stretching is very important.

spend about 15 minutes stretching after your muscles are warm, and dont bounce, hold it.

1. Don't load up on carbs (bread, pasta, potatoes).

2. When you're hungry... eat! If you try to starve yourself, you're just screwing up your metabolism.

3. Sit-ups aren't gonna get you anywhere. Try running, or riding a bike.

4. Do eat meat. I watched my friend gain 15 pounds when she became a vegetarian.

5. Stay away from sugar. carbs+sugar= fat. Instead of soda, drink some water.

6. Have 5 little meals instead of 3 big meals a day.

Supplements-Alot of supplements aren't regulated by the FDA, so you don't know what they're putting in them. There was a study done, I just read a bit about it somewhere in some advice column, and they said like 30 percent of dietary supplements out there had hormones and other substances which would cause one to fail say olympic testing. They say you're still growing until like 21, and some of that added stuff seriously interferes with the natural progression of that process. If you want to start building muscle, or losing weight before this age talk to a nutritionist (and just about everyone else who would know anything) about what's proper for your body type, dietary preferences, and goals. Maybe a nutrition (carb, protien) supplement is necessary, but maybe you can accomplish the same thing by eating right. There is a continuum of choices and what's right for you isn't necessarily going to work for someone who is out of sync in any one of those categories. This said, I do think there are some things that people are notorious for not doing. I think that if you want a body of a god, just running will not be enough, you need upper body work. Same rule with lifting weights, if you're just lifting wieght, you need to get off you're ass and do some cardio. Another thing, vitamins. People don't get enough C vitamin. While we probably eat enough B vitamins every day, C is often left out of our diets. The problem with not getting enough of these is at the end of the day, like the aformentioned protien?, what we don't use gets pissed out because they are water souluble. Fat soluble vitamins like A and E are stored much more efficiently and don't need daily replenishment.

OK, why are you so concerned with getting bigger and getting a six pack? Why don't you just be happy with the way you look now? Fuck anyone who's opinion on you is based solely on your looks. Unless you play sports what's the big deal about exercising??

yes.. i am a girl

and to get a 6 pack i think it just takes crunches and situps. i stopped so now i have like...a 2 pack... ehh.. well yea i heard that its proven crunches work more of your abs than situps.. dont kno if its true... i tried that ab roller thing and i did about... uh two and was tired as fawk..

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

OK, why are you so concerned with getting bigger and getting a six pack? Why don't you just be happy with the way you look now? Fuck anyone who's opinion on you is based solely on your looks. Unless you play sports what's the big deal about exercising??

yea i agree...but if you dont look presentable to females in the first place you think they gonna want your number?? no

the absolute best way to make your stomach look better is combining sit ups of some sort (to build the muscle) with cardiovascular activites (to burn the fat sitting on top).

so do lots of sit ups, and go swimming or jogging (you should do the cardio first) everyday.

if your especially out of shape you should see results pretty quick

Alright first of all--exercise is a lifetime committment not just a surefire way to look good for the summer.....Kids make me fuckin laugh---yo man I gotta getta sixer for the summer man...I gotta get buffed up man.----Nah fuck that...if you really want to get involved in exercise find something you think you will like over the long haul and stick with it. You'll enjoy yourself and you will see your body transform into an image you might want to look at in the mirror..As for abs well let me tell you this..You have to definitely do cardiovascular exercise like running,nautilus,stairmaster,etc. in order to burn calories off and in effect keep the weight off. Guys always tend to get heavy in their midsections(love handles,spare tire, beer gut,) and as we get older it is even harder for us to take that weight off because of our slowing metabolism. I've seen it in myself, when I was in High School I was skinny as a rail and couldn't put on weight for shit but as I aged I have a hard enough time keeping the weight off. So basically to sum it up eat a healthy diet, low on carbs and high in lean meat,fruits, vegetables, and make sure you lift moderate weights to start and do not forget the situps and espeacially the cardiovascular------------

Archived