style cliches

Max Powers

reading this made me smile. im glad it was of the three or four posts in this fucking stupid thread i actually read...

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

word up. heers the other thing. i have things in my life that are obsessions, like bikes. then there are the things that i do purely for fun and as an escape from the bullshit, like skateboarding. graffiti is riding the line somewhere in between. i try to not take graffiti seriously, i like to think that i have some personal style but the fact of the matter is that when i draw in that "funk" style my shit is hot, and i love the way it looks. its fun to draw, its fun to paint, and its fun to look at. fuck it, you can call me a biter or influenced or whatever, but the fact of the matter is that im having 10x's as much fun as the guy who is set on being cool and top dog. word dunnys.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by sixteenvandals

I dont have beef with you if thats what you mean, i was being a little on the cheeky side with my comment. really i would roll with the punches though cause there is no denying you are a student of joker. all i was saying is that i hope you adhere to joker as your source material and pregress with that instead of joining my academy.

i dont think the thing you did really looks like my stuff, i am not nearly as rigid with the vertical/horizontal thing as that piece was. the add on's were similar and maybe the texture, but not the bars.

if you are the one who wants to beef about what i said i think you should reconsider because my agenda is a lot different that yours.

I agree that your style flows more. I have no problem whatsoever with you, man. Basically, I hope that you someday care to look into my stuff beyond when I joined Transcend, and I'll hope you see that I'm a diverse writer who's been interested in "abstract" styles long before I knew about Joker and his work. I love Joker's stuff, but I really can't do it. It's too far advanced for me.

I also wasn't clowning you or that school of style at all. I'm getting into it a little, and I just wanted o try it. That was my take on it, and it made me realize that there's a lot of different ways to interpret the style, rather than a bunch of guys trying to copy the AOK/RIS flow. It's as diverse as any other, and I agree that I'd rather look at this stuff than 101 sorry ass FX biters. God that was annoying, if you look back on 1997 or so.

I think that you assume I'm being a dick and trying to take shots at you. I really do think your stuff is hot, and I'm probably one of the most open minded writers out there. I have no problem with people being better than me, and I'm known to give out heaps of compliment. So basically, I just feel like I'm not taking shots at your work, but you keep taking shots at me without digging into my work or history as I've done for you. I could pull out "abstract" drawings I did from when i first started, if you like, but that's kind of foolish. There was never a period of Grey's body of wok that I didn't enjoy, and I don't think our agendas are entirely different. I think maybe you misconstrue what i say sometimes as an attack on you, when it's really blunt honesty. I think that's forein terrotory for a lot of writers, which is why i can understand you thinking I'm being an asshole.

Archived