how to expel yakuza from your neighborhood

serum

http://www1m.mesh.ne.jp/BOUTSUI/icons/home.gif'>

http://www1m.mesh.ne.jp/BOUTSUI/english/icons/1.gif'>

i was riding the bus and i saw this poster which shows little japanese people being robbed by yakuza and the police running after them. it basically said that if you have any information on these violent gangsters please contact this website. so going to the website i noticed they have everyones headquarters in japan and list the address and everything. its not like its hard to find them. the white bmw with limo black tints, gold necklaces, loud suits, and beautiful 18 year old girls on a 55 year old mans shoulder may give them away a bit. but heres the link which is in english and pretty funny. also heres some of their emblems which are pretty fresh if you like japanese print designs

anti-yakuza website

http://www1m.mesh.ne.jp/BOUTSUI/icons/mon7.gif'>

http://www1m.mesh.ne.jp/BOUTSUI/icons/mon8.gif'>

http://www1m.mesh.ne.jp/BOUTSUI/icons/mon10.gif'>

http://www1m.mesh.ne.jp/BOUTSUI/icons/mon24.gif'>

http://www1m.mesh.ne.jp/BOUTSUI/icons/mon4.gif'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"If boryokudan members punch or kick you, use threatening language, or break goods in your store when you cope with boryokudan members, Call 110 right away. Don't hesitate. Tell the police your address, name, and telephone number clearly. Such acts by boryokudan members may constitute criminal acts of violence, intimidation, or forcible obstruction of business."

i didn't even know that yakuza had any influence anymore. i'm have a bunch of tattoos and my friend said when i go to japan they're not going to let me into any bath houses because they made a rule against tattoos to keep yakuza out, and even though i'm obviously not yakuza, they will have to be consistent with the rule. damn, no naked japanese girls for me :mad:

Yakuza was/is organized crime in Japan. They've been compared to the Mafia. In the past they had the police on payroll so they got away with a lot of shit, but i'm told that they don't have much prominance any more. Traditionally, they would cover themselves with body-suit tattoos and cut off one of their fingers to belong, but they've since stopped the finger thing because it was an easy way to identify them. the tattoo thing went away for awhile, but i hear its making a comeback. actually, i could be wrong about all of this, maybe someone else can give a better explaination.

Blood, i watched and interesting show on the yakuza involved in wwII on the history channel...heres some stuff i found on them...these guys are not nice fellows either, trust me..

The origin of the yakuza is a matter of some debate. Some feel that its members are descendents of the 17th-century kabuki-mono (crazy ones), outlandish samurai who reveled in outlandish clothing and hair styles, spoke in elaborate slang, and carried unusually long swords in their belts. The kabuki-mono were also known as hatamoto-yakko (servants of the shogun). During the Tokugawa era, an extended period of peace in Japan, the services of these samurai were no longer needed, and so they became leaderless ronin (wave man). Without the guidance of a strong hand, they eventually shifted their focus from community service to theft and mayhem.

Modern yakuza members refute this theory and instead proclaim themselves to be the descendents of the machi-yokko (servants of the town) who protected their villages from the wayward hatamoto-yakko. The official yakuza history portrays the group’s ancestors as underdog folk heroes who stood up for the poor and the defenseless, just as Robin Hood helped the peasants of medieval England.

Current yakuza members fall under three general categories: tekiya (street peddlers), bakuto (gamblers), and gurentai (hoodlums). The peddlers and gamblers trace their roots back to the 18th century while the hoodlums came into existence after World War II when the demand for black market goods created a booming industry. Traditionally the tekiya, medieval Japan’s version of snake-oil salesmen, worked the fairs and markets while the bakuto worked the towns and highways. The gurentai, by contrast, modeled themselves on American gangsters of the Al Capone era, using threats and extortion to achieve their ends. After World War II, in the governmental power void caused by the Occupation, the gurentai prospered, and their ranks swelled. They also brought organized crime in Japan to a new level of violence, replacing the traditional sword with modern firearms, even though guns were now officially outlawed in the country as a result of the surrender.

The yakuza are proud to be outcasts, and the word yakuza reflects the group’s self-image as society’s rejects. In regional dialect ya means 8, ku means 9, and sa means 3, numbers that add up to 20, which is a losing hand in the card game hana-fuda (flower cards). The yakuza are the “bad hands of society,” a characterization they embrace in the same way that American bikers prominently tattoo the slogan “Born to Lose” on their biceps.

Yakuza members also favor tattoos, but theirs are elaborate body murals that often cover the entire torso, front and back, as well the arms to below the elbow and the legs to mid-calf. Naked, a fully tattooed yakuza looks like he’s wearing long underwear. Dragons, flowers, mountainous landscapes, turbulent seascapes, gang insignias and abstract designs are typical images used for yakuza body art. The application of these extensive tattoos is painful and can take hundreds of hours, but the process is considered a test of a man’s mettle.

To a Westerner’s eye, the yakuza’s 1950s rat-pack style of dress can seem comically retro. Shiny tight-fitting suits, pointy-toed shoes and longish pomaded hair—long out of style in America—are commonplace among the yakuza today. They also favor large flashy American cars, like Cadillacs and Lincolns. Unlike other organized crime groups around the world, the yakuza have no interest in keeping a low profile. In fact, in most Japanese cities, yakuza social clubs and gang headquarters are clearly marked with signs and logos prominently displayed.

But despite their garish style, the yakuza cannot be taken lightly. In Japan there are 110,000 active members divided into 2,500 families. By contrast, the United States has more than double the population of Japan but only 20,000 organized crime members total, and that number includes all criminal organizations, not just the Italian-American Mafia. The yakuza’s influence is more pervasive and more accepted within Japanese society than organized crime is in America, and the yakuza have a firm and long-standing political alliance with Japan’s right-wing nationalists. In addition to the typical vice crimes associated with organized crime everywhere, the yakuza are well ensconced in the corporate world. Their influence extends beyond Japanese borders and into other Asian countries, and even into the United States.

:D

interesting ive heard of the yakuza before but never read up on them. ive heard there are teenage biker gangs associated with them too.

Guest --zeSto--

http://www.no-cool.com/TJ/STATUS/IMAGES/yakuza.gif'>

the very idea of the yakuza scares me.

These men make a serious life comittment.

I know that the LA gangs also get tattoos,

but this is something else.

There is no retiring from the yakuza.

Just imagine the ruthless disipline of general Japanese culture,

then apply that devotion and order to thugs and pirates.

YIKES!

http://vikingphoenix.com/public/JapanIncorporated/ultranationalists/yakuza.gif'>

the finger thing....they don't cut a finger off when they join the gang, they cut one off when they do something that offends the oyabun (yakuza boss).

on another note..... i love yakuza movies. i watched Brother recently, pretty good flick.

i read a book awhile back called tokyo underworld about an american that defected to japan after ww2. he saw the possibilities of making a lot of money through the black market.

the thing that most interested me is that george bush senior and actually unknowingly made a deal with the yakuza. it mentioned that he owned a real estate and financial consulting firm in manhattan. he was introduced through a mutual friend and ended up making million dollar deals with them, selling stock, land etc. well bush eventually found out that they were yakuza and backed out of the deal. so the yakuza reminded him that he signed a contract and bush had to hand over millions of dollars in stock.

with the japanese economy in such bad shape i highly doubt that the number of yakuza are decreasing. i see them everywhere, hostess bars are everywhere, and call girls are being dropped off all the time. in the mornings they drive around the homeless parts of osaka and recruit them for small labour. truthfully in my opinion i would compare japan to russia in terms of the power of the underworld. i think that they run the show here.

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by REGULATOR

the yakuza are my japanese brothers

says you. They'd probably take your cash, watch and shoes, and then make you walk home.

Guest --zeSto--

yeah... but to call them your "brothers"...?

If you were Japanese, do you really think you and the yakuza could 'hang'?

Archived