READ THIS ABOUT YOUR MASK

CAPS

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest im not witty

everynow and then it takes me a while to piss, like i have to piss but its like i have to build up momentum. wear the fucking thing, if you cant afford it steal it, they arent that big. home depot will forgive you.

ouch... a personal story...

I don't know.. I have some problem where I get dizzy spells periodically... but nothing unmanageable... but when I paint it's a different story...

I was painting a hopper at my favorite layup... which includes about 4-5 lines of cars and is chill as ever... as fact might have it... I was on my third car and I started to get dizzy... as usual.. but then I stepped back to regain may balance... again... as usual... but completely lost my balance due in part to my inhalation of nasty ass Wal Mart silver paint and smacked my head on a coal car... I checked my watch when I finished my second car... it was about 1050... I looked at my watch when I came to... it was 1130... thank god no cars moved... I'm not sure exactly how I was laying, but I was painting between two lines that are about 4-5 feet apart by my guess... I have since purchased a nice and rather inexpensive 3M respirator from my neighborhood Home Depot...

That... Mikro... is why I don't paint trains alone anymore... I'll show you the bump some day... that shit hurt... I finished my piece though...

like that time I got robbed in Garfield... haha

i've had asthma since i was young, i have the machine and everything. i had my asthma under control for about two years then i began paintin...now i have problems all the time. i buy the cheap disposable masks, but they arent enough. thats the first time i've read that exerpt and all i have to say is im pickin up a mask next paycheck!

the "cheap disposable" masks are particle respirators... they'll keep pigment from actually settling in your lungs, but thats it. they offer no protection against the vapors in spray paint... those are the fuckers that'll kill you...

--------------

however, if you really wanna go the cheap route, you can get disposable welder's masks... they look similar to dust masks (the ones yer gettin), except they have a valve in the middle... these don't filter as well as a real mask, and it is impossible to form a perfect seal against your face, but they work ok, and do filter fumes for the most part... but in the long run, it's really cheaper and safer just to shell out the bucks for a real mask...

..WELL sincre it went over

Well since the mask thing is going over well I will tell you a few things about your mask you may not know. If you get a 3m brand mask, most come in a silver bag with zip-lock on top. Do you know why? After you use your mask you should put it back in an airtight container or else in about 20-30 minutes after use, your carts start to go bad.

I use a coffee can with a little bit of water in the bottom (just a dash). It keeps your carts fresh and your lungs healthy.

ALSO you should replace your carts about once a month. Just cause you own a mask and use it doesn't mean you dont need to maintain it.

CAPS..... glad you all read the mask post.

anyone interested in a mask but are too cheap to shell out 30 - 50 dollars should seriously give ebay a chance....i just got a brand new (mint in package) good mask worth 50 (i checked at sherwin williams) for 11.00 or so....ebay rocks...just search for 'respirator' and go through their list. youll find alot of full face respirators, old gas masks from wwII and O2 tanks and masks that firefighters use as well as the cheap-o disposable dust filters, but the half masks are mixed in there for pretty cheap....of course you could always rack one....

Archived