I'm about to purchase.... (0g)

Guest --zeSto--

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

as a somewhat professional in the piercing trade, id like to add my two cents in on the conversation... first off buyyour organics from erica skadsen, real real good prices and the best quality you can find:

organics: erica skadsen

i have a lot to say usually so ill try to keep it to aminimum...

my ears are a twidge above an inch and i dont put anything but organics (nonanimal) in my ears ive been stretching for about 8 years and have been as high as 1.75 inches and back down to 8 ga. i guess what i am trying to sayis once you have well established holes you should not be ripping, you should be able to heal out a fresh stretch with well-oiled wood all the kids in theworld want to go to big too quick. well oiled wood will heal your lobes quicker than any metal or inorganic, it allow your ears to breathe. my opinion on healingtechniques is follow what has been done for eons rather than some what some white kid with a needle tells you. natural oils and natural woods, heavy weights and you will have some sweet ass looking lobes.

seriously when you have tribes with bigger lobes than any idiot on the street, and their fathers are even bigger it makes you wonder why we go through with it the "professional way" they use time and weight and organics. and we all have access to all that. this is probably me dreaming, there is a time and a place for metal, it is fashion, it does nothing to intrinsically connect you with the ritual you are taking part in... if you are over 1/2 inch you should be well connectedwith the ins and outs of your own healing you should also be somewhat connected to the roots of your piercings and the ritual involved in it throughout the world. tribes have a tendency to have really beautiful stretchings even when they have been scalpelled up into the conch area... alot of african and indian tribes use a compound of butter and herbs to heal. i use ghee (clarified butter) and turmeric when going through a difficult stretch, and lemon oil/almond oil/ lavender on a regular basis. i am researching a lot of ayurvedic healing techniques and hope to open a store in the Philly area selling these, so alot of the techniques revolve around well being and body type... ill post some of my other thoughts if anyone is interested....

Guest --zeSto--

thanks for the science boxcar!

I've beeing rading about the connections between Taoist/Quietist monks and earlobes.

It was quite common for them to stretch as the mediated.

Large labes were a sign of a man on his way to enlightenment.

Lao Tzu, which is commonly know as 'Old Master' can also be translated as 'Long Lobes'.

crazy no?

This might be a trend for some,

but anything that's been done for thousands of years,

seems to transcend the 'trend' category. (a bit like writing on walls)

• 1 month later...

My more exotic stuff

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00198010f00000004.jpg'>

big ring has a small screw in it so those two beads can fall out - so i can take it out myself without a circlip or whatever

the smaller plug is made from something wierd, I can't remember what - it's been a while since I got it. I think its made from calcium from milk? Anyway I had my ear pierced at six ga- then stretched directly afterwards to 4ga,(fuck did that hurt!) and they put that in it. within days the PLUG swelled in the middle, so i took it out. Once the peircing healed I put it back in, and although its still swelled a bit ing the middle - I've had no other problems with it

Archived