home maintenance with seeking innocence

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

damn seek,

all joking aside you should really have a proffessional do that shit.

someone who doesnt know what theyre doing would probably just fuck it up more, and end up having more costly repairs down the road.

or if you do a bad job someone might fall completely through the floor (assuming the bathroom is upstairs). but i dont know shit about home improvement either.

not to be mean but thats some trashy ass place to live dude. you should move in with your mom. that would be better. i mean im no country club house myself but damn..

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

seeks-

me and the old lady are never going to let you near the bathroom next time you come thru.

i shudder to think how close disaster was avoided in the upstairs bathroom...

good luck

Seeking hon, you just made my day. That was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. I loved the conversation with your mother.

"and then the poop would sort of start falling out onto the floor... the floor incidentally, that isn't really there anymore in several spots."

Classic.

Okay though, that is some really bad rot in the floor. You are on the right track and will need to remove everything from the bathroom, possibly including the tub. If there is any way in hell for you to get a professional do it, because with that much damage it could very well have spread to other areas and rotted out the subfloor in a larger area. Make sense?

Otherwise thats not a big bathroom and shouldn't be all that hard to refurb. Clear, put down plywood for subfloor, tile or lay sheet vinyl, set the toilet and washbasin. Voila, your done. Good luck.

Originally posted by Smart

...anyway, we ripped the floor out and they've been using the 'guest bathroom' for the last 6 years... as of last year, we had finally replaced the rotten crossmembers and laid the plywood but it took us until last week to start laying the floor tile, we're slated for the grand opening sometime around 2010...

She must be a very nice agreeable sort of wife. I would have seriously injured you both and then fixed it myself. Fuck 6 years.

...um whats your experience seeks in the area of carpentry and construction, and refurbishing?...not to say your not capable of learning as you go, but whoah dood...you got about $5000-$7000 dollar job on your hand...good luck, at least you have a project now to keep your ass busy and it involves more then painting moms cabinets....keep us posted....

naw, it wont cost that much... i gotta pull the tub and the cabinet out today, then finish treating up the floor. then i'll just have to, as bobo said, throw down some plywood and tile, get a new toilet, and re assemble the whole thing. shoudnt cost more than $500 bucks.

fuck it, i'll take it back to skateboarding days, find a construction site, and rack the wood. :D

Originally posted by mental invalid

[b...you got about $5000-$7000 dollar job on your hand...[/b]

You're right about this being a pretty big job, but I think your dollar estimates are way off. Shouldn't be over $500, a grand at the most if they use really nice stuff.

...nah man i meant if you called in a professional it would cost that...doing it yourself, all you gotta worry about is supplies.....

but i mean did you guys see those flicks.....500? you couldnt get someone to paint the bathroom for 500....

i mean there alot of shit you gotta check with that....you might have more rotting then expected....youll have to find how and why its rotting...pulling tubs and toilets...paint jobs....etc....believe me it would cost you $$$$.....

either way shit like this is mad fun...

fixeruperoner

im a much bigger fan of deconstruction than i am construction. i like taking things apart, breaking things, setting things on fire, putting explosives into the middle of things so they blow small pieces all over the place. putting them back together is never quite as amusing.

looks familiar

i just bought a house, we gutted the entire thing. replaced the joists (they weren't attached to the wall) replaced the floor(subfloor/everything) took down all the walls, took out all the plumbing, all the electricity all the interior walls. well i guess everything is gone.

it's a pain in the ass. plumbers and electricians are VERY expensive.

but are all welcome to visit when it's done. it will be fabulous!!! i get to design the entire thing. the only problem it's not in such a good location.

but seeking that job will cost you WAY MORE than you think and WAY longer. be prepared. have fun though.

Originally posted by seeking innocence

im a much bigger fan of deconstruction than i am construction. i like taking things apart, breaking things, setting things on fire, putting explosives into the middle of things so they blow small pieces all over the place. putting them back together is never quite as amusing.

haha! word... i have bonfires with friends every few weeks, and no fail, all the stuff that's in the back of my truck, that i didn't intend to burn gets burnt...

Originally posted by seeking innocence

fuck it, i'll take it back to skateboarding days, find a construction site, and rack the wood. :D

i was about to say that...

thats my style..ha ha ha......we hooked up so many skate spots in my area that way.

i hate to think of how much wood we stocked up on.

hey, wait a sec! i thought there was no talking about racking on here??!?

what the fuck?

seeking... i dont know if you still live where i think you live, but if you are really planning on getting a half bobcat, you better not tell a SOUL, or your ass will get a fine of about 5 grand.

i was going to buy a lynx, but when i asked my vet they said its not legal in the state, etc.. and if i'm caught with ANY exotic pet without a state license i would get FUCKED.

just check into it to make sure it's legal.. i know it does apply up to 1/4 breeds too.

That's real nice man, making the seven year old work around the black mold. Nah, it's only a baby killer, it's cool. As for getting the cat to stay on, keep it inside for a while, but throw it around alot, and give it lots of toys and stuff to keep it amused, it'll give up the wild life soon enough.

Archived