the end is near...

Guest MR BOJANGLES

Guest MR BOJANGLES

...but hasnt it been "near" for a looooooong time now? dont get me wrong, im not one with the wool pulled over my eyes, i know whats out there...all im saying is, wasnt that old man with the sign "the end is near" walking around a long time ago? i remember everybody freaking about Y2K all around and nothing happened. and then the nostardamus stuff when sept. 11th went down. something tells me were all gonna grow old sitting in our hover walkers laughing at the new generation fearing that 2100..."is the end".

-just a thought. add if youd like.

p.s. the end isnt near, were still just a class 2 planet, weve got a long way to go. "the grays" will make sure everything is o.k.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest MR BOJANGLES

Faulty Assumptions distort endtime prophecy.

I. Faulty Assumptions

II. The time frame for the END and return of Christ was the first century.

III. Historic Fulfillment of Prophecy in the First Century

The End is Not Near because the "end of the age" happened nearly 2000 years ago. For centuries many have believed the end is near because they have based their understanding of Bible prophecy on what appears to be faulty assumptions.

I. Faulty Assumptions:

1. The words "you," "we," and "us" in the New Testament refer to YOU who are

reading the passage.

To understand the New Testament as Jesus and the disciples understood it, "you " is the person being addressed, and "us " and "we " involves the person speaking and the group being addressed. It can be determined from the context. Besides the gospels and Revelation, the New Testament is a collection of letters from people in the first century to others in the first century. This should be considered to determine who is meant by "you," "us" and "we."

2. The "end" is the end of the world.

The "end" does not mean the end of the world. What is the "end" of? The "end" was defined by Jesus. The disciples asked Jesus about the destruction of the temple building: "when will these things be, what will be the sign of your coming, and the END of the AGE? " (Mt.24:3) Jesus replied, "Such thing must happen, but the END is still to come."(Mt.24:6) "but he who stands firm to the END will be saved."(Mt.24:13) "and then the END will come." Since the question was asked about the end of the AGE, the END in Jesus' response would most reasonably refer to the END in the question. That was the end of the AGE. An AGE is defined as a period of history marked by some major event. The first century certainly qualifies. Jesus and His Apostles understood the "end" to be the end of the AGE in which they lived. (Mt.24:3; 1Cor.10:11; Heb.9:26) Today we live in what they understood as the AGE to come. (Mt.10:29,30; 12:32)

3. The world must come to an "end."

Jesus never said the world would be destroyed. He did say the temple would be torn down(Mt.24:2), Jerusalem would be laid desolate (Lk.21:20) and Judea would suffer great distress. He warned them that when THEY see the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place, those in JUDEA should flee, and when THEY see JERUSALEM surrounded by armies, they would know its desolation is near. Those in JUDEA should flee. (Mt.24:16ff; Mk.13ff; Lk.21:21ff) These things happened during the Jewish Wars which lasted from A.D.66 through A.D.73.

4. The "world" in the Bible means the entire world today in the 20th century.

The "world" in the New Testament does not refer to our 20th century definition of the word today. It does not mean the world as WE know it. It means "world," as those in the first century understood it. Usually the Greek is more accurately translated as the "inhabited earth" or "habitable earth," which always meant the known world of the Roman Empire in the first century. So when Caesar Augustus took a census of the "world", he meant the Roman Empire.

5. The gospel must be preached throughout the whole world before the end comes.

This statement is a distortion of biblical intent. Since the "world" in the first century was understood to be the extents of the Roman Empire (habitable earth), the gospel was preached to the whole world in the first century. The Bible remains consistent with this understanding. The gospel was preached throughout the "world" after Paul's missionary journeys. Paul said so. (Ro.1:8, 16:25-27, Col.1:23)

6. Within the parameters set forth in the Bible, the only possible time of the second coming of Christ is in our future.

This is simply not accurate. If Jesus said he would come again after His resurrection, then He could return again any time from His resurrection onward. Precisely, A.D.30 onward.

7. The second coming of Christ has not happened, and by this we know the end has not yet come.

This logic is based on the faulty assumption that all history is known to us. Tremendous volumes of ancient history were destroyed with the Alexandrian Library in A.D.391. The official history written by historians in the first century was only that which was approved by Caesar. The history written of the decades of the 70's and 80's is missing. If Christ came the second time in the late first century and gathered up His elect, then none of those who understood what happened were left to record the event.

II. "Time statements" show the time frame for the end of the age and the second coming was the first century.

The last day, the day of visitation, the end, the end of the age, and the last hour are always associated with the second coming of Christ, which the New Testament consistently says would happen in the first century in the generation of the Apostles. These are the "time statements." Though no one knew the day or hour, the disciples did know a time frame. See A Christian Dilemma: time statements for a partial list of the time statements.

III. Historic Fulfillment of Prophecy in the First Century

Discover how all prophecy was historically fulfilled in the first century. PROPHECY PARADOX: The Case for a First Century End Time presents a literal case for the complete fulfillment of Bible prophecy by the end of the first century. This book is documented from original sources. Every sign Jesus predicted leading to the end of the age and His second coming is historically documented in His generation. This book is unique in that the second coming is shown to be a literal event which occurred in A.D.79 instead of A.D. 70. Read the historic fulfillment of prophecy This site reviews PROPHECY PARADOX: The Case for a First Century End Time.

A Visible Second Coming: This list of New Testament verses shows consistent biblical intent that first century Christians would live to see both a literal and visible return of Christ to gather His elect.

Creative Christianity: New evidence is turning up that Jesus did indeed return for His elect, in power and glory during the first century. In our attempt to place the second coming of our Lord in OUR future, rather than the generation of the Apostles, are we creatively altering the Bible to suit our own preference?

The Seven Year Tribulation Theory: True or False? A reevaluation of the Seven Year Tribulation Theory: Numerous difficulties pose questions to its credibility.

Tough Questions for Tough Christians If Jesus preached He would return a second time in the first century, perhaps we should consider He was right.

i was in geology the other day and my teach said that in 2060's the world will be so overpotulated that we will all die of hunger cuz there wont be enuf space to plant food and it will be consumed too fast so start savin cans now and this shit is tru so unless we bomb china consider urself wasted

also

fact: more people are alive today than all the humans that ever lived and died in the last 65 million years

Guest MR BOJANGLES

by 2060, i have a feeling well be really clsoe to inhabting moon bases, etc. and food will be so "synthetic" it will require very little planting space for the ingredients. i dunno ...maybe.

(wheat bran cloned in a litlle glass jar as opposed to growing in a field.)

Guest MR BOJANGLES
Originally posted by --The Rek--

i hope u are rite bojangles cuz if it comes to that im down anyday for wastin a coupla nations to remain disclosed until the time comes

think about it. that "kfc" chicken you eat, never sees the light of day or fresh air...can you say chicken factory?

Guest MR BOJANGLES

did you know?

that just the land used for growing hops for beer, and tobacco in usa is enough to grow produce to feed the whole world every year twice over?...i dont smoke, but i aint givin up my beer!

just remember to put it all in perspective. As late as the 70s people were still spewing the "by 2000 we will all drive hover cars to our homes on the moon" type predictions. Its not nearly as far away as you think. Things will continue to slowly evolve...

And if the state of the world is making people feel like its the end of time, they need to check themselves and talk to some WW2 vets who saw the contry moblize against a seemingly unstopable truly evil army. If I was alive for world war two I would have been going "shit, this is the end of the world. good vs. evil..." and all that crap. This is nothing...get used to it...

Guest MR BOJANGLES

the technology of the future is already here...they just give it to us in small spurts. think about it, we crash cars with wheels all the time now...imagine a hovercar accident.

yeah man wheres my fucking flying car? i was looking forward to one.

the world will not end by 2060. neither will i. i will be eternal.

who cares man? just live life for yourself be happy. enjoy earth while you still can. eventually itll all be used up or plastic or fuck i dont even know what im talking about.

Guest BROWNer

movie quote trivia:

name the actor AND movie>>>

"We're livin' in a world that's blowin' itself to hell as fast as everybody can arrange it."

Guest willy.wonka

to every end,there is a new beggining....

i say dont worry about it...but i do.im not the person i would like to be..

who knows what the bible was talking about....so far..revelations has been correct....rumors of war.viruses.people want the world to themselves...USA..mark of the beast....

the human race is destined to kill itself off....

it could be some super virus...AIRBORNE AIDS or EVEN WORSE

it could be like mars....all our plant life dies.

what are we going to do?

i think there is too much humans on this planet...

i think this planet cant handle too much of us...

you cant ay its not going to happen....

you cant say it will,but we fear because we know we're doing something terribley wrong.

i argue with a lot of people that dont look to the books,but we can agree on the end...its gonna happen..and if ou dont see it theses days,you'll see it another...we are coming close.like in some other thread...they talked about how the US GOVERNMENTS PLANS are world domination..

thats mentioned in the bible...the bible was written a long time ago...

i wanna see the movie time machine...the book was crazy.also written a very long time ago,but so far...CORRECT...

im a little psychic..i dream of the future constanly...so i believe when i hear or read some crazy shit of the future...or i sit back and tear it apart...seeing what they were talking about.....

the dragon mentioned in the bible...i think its the government....

just look around.this world has been told over a thousand years ago...

you blame the bible for bullshit churches that just want more followers...

the bible is a great book...it has human behavior down...they call it a double edged sword...sections of the bible has been taken out...why?to control....

the book of ENOCH,talks about the universe and dreams,how the world is one..how we are one with everything...nobody is more powerful...it talks about the cycle...

dont let some peasants read something like that...they'll know thier priests are liars....

i would say more,but i dont know if you guys feel this...

i dont like churches,i dont like religion,but i have been around the block and i feel that we shouldnt think too highly of ourselves...you know?what do you know?

a man who knows something,knows he knows nothing at all...i dont think im about to fuck around and say i know everything,but i do know something...

the government has population control, an will utilize it if the time comes. believe me. look real deep into the spread of aids, its structure and how advanced a virus is. technically it couldn't just evolve into what it is. but yea the government has pop. control an declares it a "state of emergency" an it was just declassified a few years back. but yea im not into conspiracy theories, but look into it. its an interesting read.

Guest MR BOJANGLES

if anything i think our worst problem will be too much pollution and a severe depletion of natural resourcs by then...that would finish us off nicely.

Guest BROWNer

this is so up in the air.

i mean, drinking water is supposedly going to be

a huge problem. crop food is going to be a prob

as well becuz of climate changes in temperature,

floods etc.

and as far as population, its supposed to level off

this century.

scientists say one thing, others say another.

who knows? the one thing i've been hearing alot

of the last couple of years is...

a little(on the verge

of being big) thing called space junk. we have literally

millions of projectiles all flying at speeds of 18 000 mph and up

all orbiting earth.

alot of people think that its only a matter of time before

something big gets hit and sets off a chain reaction where

everything we have in space will get hit and slammed into

millions of little pieces, each travelling fast enough to

destroy any craft we put up. then we'll be trapped and maybe

we'll wake the fuck up and start living smart and for a future.

but probably not. the future is not pretty.

Guest --zeSto--

^^ that's a fact.

Here's another one that might make bojanges stop dancing!

NASA predicts that at the current rate of space pollution,

(the layer of 'space junk' in orbit around earth), it will be unsafe

to launch any form of spaceship within 30 years.

Do you hear that ??

were're making a shell around our planet with garbage.

There will be no shuttle to mars and no new satelites being launched.

The human dream of moving to a new planet after we destroy this one

is just that... a dream.

Guest MR BOJANGLES
Originally posted by --zeSto--

^^ that's a fact.

Here's another one that might make bojanges stop dancing!

NASA predicts that at the current rate of space pollution,

(the layer of 'space junk' in orbit around earth), it will be unsafe

to launch any form of spaceship within 30 years.

Do you hear that ??

were're making a shell around our planet with garbage.

There will be no shuttle to mars and no new satelites being launched.

The human dream of moving to a new planet after we destroy this one

is just that... a dream.

...and then the music stopped. "wow"

Originally posted by ese

just remember to put it all in perspective. As late as the 70s people were still spewing the "by 2000 we will all drive hover cars to our homes on the moon" type predictions. Its not nearly as far away as you think. Things will continue to slowly evolve...

And if the state of the world is making people feel like its the end of time, they need to check themselves and talk to some WW2 vets who saw the contry moblize against a seemingly unstopable truly evil army. If I was alive for world war two I would have been going "shit, this is the end of the world. good vs. evil..." and all that crap. This is nothing...get used to it...

i agree with ese . there were many problems in the past and there will be even more in the future. im sure life will change but we will continue. i cant predict what will happen tommorow but i dont think the"end" is near.

Archived