How addicted are you?

artistic.intercourse

How addicted are you all to graffiti. Dumb question but I was just wondering. With me, I am ALWAYS thinking about graff everywhere I go. If I am driving, I almost always crash looking at spots I know probably has new shit. I have almost died numerous times doing that shit already. I would also rather check out yards then do a grip of other shit. I dunno.. I would rather go piecing than go to like Six Flags or any other amusement parks. Who also checks out local yards like everyday? All the local yards here I check about everyday I possibly can.

How many times do you check on your pieces you done in yards too? Or even little scribble/bombs? I fuckin always feel like I gotta check my shit if I am even strolling near the area. If I even do a piece somewhere I check it every time I stroll by. I dunno... we are all the same I guess.... but HOW ADDICTED ARE YOU? Whats the most addicting shit you always do for graffiti? Always drawing 24/7? LOVE that paint smell? ??????????????????????????? :D

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i do the same exact shit , or for some sick odd twisted reason i always have to spend time with every new can i get meaning i shake the shit out of it and hold it for hours. ima sad mann:(

Guest THE LAW
Originally posted by artistic.intercourse

I would also rather check out yards then do a grip of other shit. I dunno.. I would rather go piecing than go to like Six Flags or any other amusement parks. Who also checks out local yards like everyday? All the local yards here I check about everyday I possibly can.

How many times do you check on your pieces you done in yards too? Or even little scribble/bombs? I fuckin always feel like I gotta check my shit if I am even strolling near the area. If I even do a piece somewhere I check it every time I stroll by.

I think every one goes through that phase, but after several years, it wears off and you usually just have enough time to do your pieces and go to bed, so doing all that other crap seems to fade into the backgrougnd. If you keep at it for long enough, graffiti just becomes a part of your life just like going to the bar or playing golf on sunday....god knows it's still one of the most satisfying things on earth, but after you've done more pieces than you can count and been around the block a couple times, it becomes routine.

THE LAW guesses it's good and bad, sometimes he wishes that he still felt the way you do everytime he paints, those were really fun times. The novelty and excitement of it all comes back in spurts, but usually graffiti is relegated to just another thing THE LAW does. It feels like more of a habit than anything. THE LAW supposes it's just another form of addiction. To not paint, would at a certain point, feel unnatural.

ramble ramble ramble.....

ITs not good to be that obssessed with graff. Now that i am older im now, but when i was younger it was all that i thought about. In one sense graff fucked my whole life up. I messed up in school cause while the teacher was teaching i was doing outlines. I wouldnt even go to school alot cause if it came down to that boring math quiz, or cutting and racking 40 cans for the day there was no decision in my eyes. I dropped out of college because i wasnt disciplined enough to realize that if i went painting 3 nights a week till 4 am i wouldnt be able to get up in the morning go. I lost jobs for the same thing,girlfriends, etc..I think when you get past the age of 25 and you really have a shit load of responsibilities it makes you realize that you have to get your life in order and put energy twords other places.I am proud to say that i now have more of a life, and dont think about graff nearly as much as i did years ago.

Originally posted by Ibex Moon

ITs not good to be that obssessed with graff. Now that i am older im now, but when i was younger it was all that i thought about. In one sense graff fucked my whole life up. I messed up in school cause while the teacher was teaching i was doing outlines. I wouldnt even go to school alot cause if it came down to that boring math quiz, or cutting and racking 40 cans for the day there was no decision in my eyes. I dropped out of college because i wasnt disciplined enough to realize that if i went painting 3 nights a week till 4 am i wouldnt be able to get up in the morning go. I lost jobs for the same thing,girlfriends, etc..I think when you get past the age of 25 and you really have a shit load of responsibilities it makes you realize that you have to get your life in order and put energy twords other places.I am proud to say that i now have more of a life, and dont think about graff nearly as much as i did years ago.

Yup, couldn't agree more. when I was younger it definitely was all I thought about. I also got the boot from college due to graff/partying. Now that I'm also over 25 things are different. I can't do as much shit as I use to. But it is hard to resist sometimes. Once an addict always an addict.

Originally posted by old_soul

Yup, couldn't agree more. when I was younger it definitely was all I thought about. I also got the boot from college due to graff/partying. Now that I'm also over 25 things are different. I can't do as much shit as I use to. But it is hard to resist sometimes. Once an addict always an addict.

couldnt agree with you more!

i graduated from college as an addict...biochemistry by the skin of my teeth..

sometimes graf took priority, sometimes school, or work, or family shit or whatever..

i am definitely obsessed with looking at it, even when it isn't my own..

i don't have to go nuts and overdo it though, i know i'll do this shit until i die..it is my best friend, and my most therapeutic hobby..

it is the only activity i have that doubles as a lifestyle, and a relationship..i will make huge sacrifices for it...but sometimes priorities shift, and graf takes a backseat for a hot minute..but not forever.

the other night i painted what is probably the best thing i have ever done on a wall.

oddly, one of the first times i have painted and been completely relaxed..i know the spot well, and usually paint during the day there..but it was at night ..it seemd easy almost..i really took my time and the shit came out fucking beautiful..

....i was ecstatic, and had to call out of work the next day..it made me happier than i've been in months..i am completely ready to go on and push it further..and get better, and enjoy it more..

i have to agree with the law on this one....sometimes i sit and think about how much i love writing, sometimes i absolutely hate it..

but either way its something that has crept into every single aspect of my life...

either way, its something i do out of habit it seems almost instead of enjoyment..but even then i still have a little fun. just not as much fun as before. ahh yes, the first couple of years. what fun they were. so care free whereas now graff has harshly turned serious for me. guarding spots against unwelcome new jacks, confrontations with other writers, realizing that those who have been around longer than me probably see me the same way i look at new kids....

when youre new, you feel like youre on top of the world.

when youve been around a few years, you realize you are nobody compared to all the other people out there.......

god dammit graff is in my fuckin veins......even after getting caught, watching my mom cry because shes so dissapointed in me, and after all the fines and shit....I STILL HAVE TEH FUCKIN URGE TO GO BOMB.....every new can of spray paint i have is treasured...i love taking a new can of paint and just tossing it up and down in the air, god fuckin dammit...its fuckin my life up so bad but i cant quit

man if im anywhere and i catch the smell of the paint. i just get the urge to go bomb and get my adrenaline pumping. and once you get that adrenaline there is no purer drug... thats probably why we're all addicted. sometimes im chilling watching TV late at night, i look to my left to see my cans on there shelf. and you all what know what go's down next. alot of destruction... keep on writing

peace

SSA crew

ive really come down from writing every second of everyday...i think of it alot though, but im in college now, so i cant let it take up too much of my life...i paint on the weekends now, thats it...but my notes still have tags and outlines all over them....its there....just not as bad as it used to be...it just kinda meshed with the rest of my life...pretty well too........

winter time

I have been writing for about 9 years and I can't remeber a winter lasting as long as this one. I jones to paint nowadays. I don't know if it's cause we have so many legals now just waiting to get done this summer or if it's the fact I have so much god dahm paint sitting around me. Sounds stupid but start a graff supply company and see how much you think about graff. POOR ME..... i know. But I'm just being real. I jones lateley and in Colorado you have to be so patient to get through the cold season. Anyway, that's my story

CAPS......... buy my paint so I don't have to look at it.

got caught 4 times. my parents wanted to send me to a shrink. im 16 for the record.

i think the obsession is about your enviroment. i figure the only reason im still writing is that im not doing much at school, i dont have a girlfriend, any hobbies, etc. im concentrated now on graff totally.

addicted to them freights

i'm not addicted to graffiti, the scene, the getting up, whatever. all i care about is rockin freights. i draw about four pieces a day (ink and all) and have to say i think about graf more than sex. well, most of the time. i get so used to hearing trains rolling, its like they are always reminding me i need to paint tonight. so, instead of going to the bars to get bitches, i go the yard to do a few panels, or maybe an end to end. i will say the only thing that ever keeps from the yard besides weather is when i've hit a blunt too hard. i eat a little food, and then i just want to sleep. i guess it keeps me out of trouble. anyone else have the problem of weed keepin em out of trouble? weed and freights and asian girls...the three greatest things on earth!!!

Originally posted by crackatinnie

got caught 4 times. my parents wanted to send me to a shrink. im 16 for the record.

dude, if youve been caught 4 times, you might want to re-evaluate the way you do things. just a thought.

you might want to consider quitting, cause crime isnt working for you.

Hell yea bud keeps me out of trouble. For me, if I don't got any buds, ALL I think about is graffiti. I gotta go to yards and check that shit out to get buds off my mind... but then I start getting into my graffiti mood for a while... then I get buds and blaze and still think about graff of course but not as much.... i just chill and eat/sleep/draw shit. I think i go through cycles with this shit.... graff mood.... bud mood. I am always on one of them at all times. graff is my anti drug. It doesn't work though... heheh.

yeah well getting 'caught' in australia is not the same as in the u.s.

because my city is very suburban its very likley you will get caught. on the other hand the penalties for getting done are very tiny. i have been caught for example by the police 4 times for implement posession. however. not one of those times have i been punished for it. i have however had a caution for tresspassing on rail property.

there are people that have been caught 10 times and not seen the inside of a jail cell. if your over 18 its a different story.

Originally posted by REGULATOR

god dammit graff is in my fuckin veins......even after getting caught, watching my mom cry because shes so dissapointed in me, and after all the fines and shit....I STILL HAVE TEH FUCKIN URGE TO GO BOMB.....every new can of spray paint i have is treasured...i love taking a new can of paint and just tossing it up and down in the air, god fuckin dammit...its fuckin my life up so bad but i cant quit

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by Zack Morris

I have..what about it?

Zack, you never sucked that dick for a can, you sucked it coz you love it..

Archived