Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
a1koolaid

spray finger

i recently did a piece in my living room and decided to try a new brand of paint....this was about a week ago and my spray finger is numb..still..(i have painted a lot before and never had this happen) if anyone has had the same thing happen or knows anything of this could ya post please..thanks

paint more often and it goes away...

it will be okay in a day or so...

and the paint you were using was probaly rusto... which is harder to press down on than say ole krylon..

tease

Originally posted by cmeup

paint more often and it goes away...

it will be okay in a day or so...

and the paint you were using was probaly rusto... which is harder to press down on than say ole krylon..

tease

i hope thats what it is..it wasn't rusto..thats what i normally use..my roomate bought some cheapo paint..some store brand crap and i used for some of fill in

Originally posted by a1koolaid

youve never painted in your house?

can't say i have...?

one time when i hadnt played bball in a long time and went back to it..the tip of my index finger (which gives the ball its backspin), basically started to peel off. the skin became all raw and just started to look like it was rotting away. but i was fine in a few days - you will be too.

That's some scary shit. My finger has never hurt for more than a few minutes afterwards. How big was this piece???

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!

ok i was just pretty scared...i came back from painting and my indexfinger and thumb would not move. i tried moving them but they were like superstill...i think cause it was really cold, they could have actaully froze but i dont know. i was just thinking to myself, "what the fuck?" ok ill stop talking now about my frozen fingers. ha

my finger tip has no finger print anymore its all smooth hard skin with some scars on it....no lie its got no print at all....hahaha finger is a weird word...say it 10 times and it looses its meaning.....shit i think i hear my crack pipe calling.....

Guest cover .

its like basically losing your graffiti virginity .

man. i remember when that happened to me.. my finger was numb for like 3-7 days at least.

oh and i guess there are some other virginities in graff.. like getting arrested.. but .. its ok.. it takes either a smart writer or a completely stupid motherfucker to get over. i say.. just be smart.

oh.. and if you continue to hurt in your finger.. try using german tips.

i think you guys misunderstand me..ive been doin this shit for about 3 years now..and i have done a lot of pieces and bombs but my finger has never done this before..and by the way its still numb :eek:

Guest drip one

you sure youve been writing for three years and never had that happen. what kind of painting have you been doing. and do you have winter where you live.

umm..yes im sure..i do mostly downtown stuff..yes we have a winter but i hardly ever go in the winter..now i just moved to michigan so its way too cold for me

Guest drip one

painting in the cold causes bad cases of numb finger.

when im peicing my spray finger gets like...tired or sumthing. and it gets to weak to push the cap down so i switch over to my trusty thumb...he always gets the job done

if your fingers getting tired and you cant press the tip anymore, that just takes a little more finger strength, which comes with more work...if your finger goes numb its just too much pressure on your finger and its not used to it.....it can last for more than a month (on the indexfinger at least)....the more you paint and use your finger, youll notice it goes away.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this