Who doesn't like freights?

THEMISHE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i personally dont like hitting fr8s because i like seeing my shit but if nobody hit fr8s that would suck dick. fr8s area a big part of graffiti. and when i see trains with no pieces on them it pisses me off. graffiti should be everywhere

Guest magali

Yea you probably dont like freights because you have no clue were to even start looking for a yard. Freight hitting has been a part of graffiti since I can remember, and if you say you don't like freights you have some serious issues to go over in your head. It's a good thing you don't like them, because thats one less completly clueless person scribbling their chicken scratch all over the place.

Guest Can you sign my book???

Freights are allright, but I certainly dont like the scene...Too many are these pretentious art fags who havent stepped foot on the streets...Ive heard kids say "dont do throw ups on freights", that shit is ubsurd...Where Im from there is no freight scene, its just another of the many surfaces one can paint...Simple...Its why I could give a fuck about these so called unwritten rules...Graffiti is a street thing to me, not something where everyone gets along and everyone pats each other on the back for a good night in the corn field...

heres the semantic problem thats hanging up this debate...the difference between hating FR8s and hating FR8 WRITERS.

its clear to me. i love the former, hate the latter. some of the most incredible writers of out time are painting fr8s and lots of amazing shit gets done ON fr8s. in some cities/areas fr8 spots are as hot as transit yards, and its ILL to paint them, and people do. mad writers who destroy streets do tons of fr8s too. there is nothing objectively different about the medium than a wall or a rooftop...if its illegal, to me, its live.

HOWEVER, i have met and continue to laugh at the writers who actually RAILFANS who pant basically only real chill fr8 spots and often in the day out in bumblefuck layups in te middle of no where. Ok, you may loe trains and the whole networking thing that comes with benchin them and shit....but relative o writers who actually balance out their resume by doing some actual graffiti, these cats are lame.

and it is these same cats who usually promulgate the "rules of the yard" crap that annoys so many bombers....i mean, listen, when we paint fr8s, we keep the yard clean, just like a clean train spot or even a rooftop, im not trying to have shit laying around...that i get. no real writer should blow spots. but the whole numbers/load limits/over under the bar shit...that shit is really just RAILFAN talk to me. im not trying to really tiptoe around the shit, im trying to paint it. im really not gonna lose sleep if, when it finally gets flicked in oregan, its stamped. thats like whatever to me...and its my shit, so who cares? its already like a year or so before i hear about that shit anyways. if youre from an urban bombing background, its real hard to deal with kids from the cornfields giving you rules about how to paint. i really respect all FR8 kids who see FR8s as a really dope facet of the whole culture...i bench them and flick their shit. but the kids who care more about saving the cabooses and not stealing FREDs and what not...you all suck. go to a model train convention...this is crime here.

Guest emothug

Re: i dream about freights

Originally posted by nocalfr8tr

i started in graffiti painting creeks and legal walls. the freight scene around was too well established and the yard was policed by big headed legends of sorts. but not before long some of my friends had joined the legends and we were rockin freights. i've been addicted and in love ever since. sure, we hit sketchy layups and smaller yards, but all the good trains go to the big yards. anyways, if trains werent part of graf i wouldnt want to be involved anymore. and as for bombing your city, in some places its not smart anymore. the cities are too small (the police will find you!!) and to have different names is a waste of paint. i personally could care less about the writers in my city since most of them dont rock, just a few. so, i stick to freights and thats how it is, and im happy. for all you "down" people that feel you have to hit everything you see, good for you, you'll be "famous". just dont talk shit about those paint stricktly freights and want our "fame" from people we dont even know.

I never heard of anyone painting a creek.....weird

Originally posted by cheerleader

heres the semantic problem thats hanging up this debate...the difference between hating FR8s and hating FR8 WRITERS.

its clear to me. i love the former, hate the latter. some of the most incredible writers of out time are painting fr8s and lots of amazing shit gets done ON fr8s. in some cities/areas fr8 spots are as hot as transit yards, and its ILL to paint them, and people do. mad writers who destroy streets do tons of fr8s too. there is nothing objectively different about the medium than a wall or a rooftop...if its illegal, to me, its live.

HOWEVER, i have met and continue to laugh at the writers who actually RAILFANS who pant basically only real chill fr8 spots and often in the day out in bumblefuck layups in te middle of no where. Ok, you may loe trains and the whole networking thing that comes with benchin them and shit....but relative o writers who actually balance out their resume by doing some actual graffiti, these cats are lame.

and it is these same cats who usually promulgate the "rules of the yard" crap that annoys so many bombers....i mean, listen, when we paint fr8s, we keep the yard clean, just like a clean train spot or even a rooftop, im not trying to have shit laying around...that i get. no real writer should blow spots. but the whole numbers/load limits/over under the bar shit...that shit is really just RAILFAN talk to me. im not trying to really tiptoe around the shit, im trying to paint it. im really not gonna lose sleep if, when it finally gets flicked in oregan, its stamped. thats like whatever to me...and its my shit, so who cares? its already like a year or so before i hear about that shit anyways. if youre from an urban bombing background, its real hard to deal with kids from the cornfields giving you rules about how to paint. i really respect all FR8 kids who see FR8s as a really dope facet of the whole culture...i bench them and flick their shit. but the kids who care more about saving the cabooses and not stealing FREDs and what not...you all suck. go to a model train convention...this is crime here.

its thinking like this that burns spots...while i will paint surfaces other than trains, i prefer trains. for the obvious fact that THEY MOVE. i want my shit to ride as long as possible, so i avoid the numbers. i also want spots to stay as "unheated" as possible. just cause your spots in philly are burnt cause all the heads up there have the same mentality as you, doesnt mean i want them that way where i am. this is the way that every head in my area feels...old or new, we dont want to run if we dont have to.

Guest amped_up
Originally posted by AREANKAY

i dont and i do i thikn doing a train is like the same as a legal wall for the most part but i do enjoy loking at train flix

this is mad true cuz all these top to bottoms you see and mad ellaborate end to ends and shit you just know they were done in a mad safe spot in the boonies somewhere so it might as well have been a legal . the shit is fresh though but its like a legal. and theres some kids doin shit in yards that are hot and still pullin it off but more or less theyre similiar to legals haha and this dont paint over the numbers shit haha suck my dick. if i feel like paintin over them to get my flick then fuck you you didnt go out to that yard that day so your not gonna tell me not to paint over any numbers. shiiiiiiiiiit if i dont care if my piece gets stamped why should you . and you think those worker dudes are gonna come track me or a csx cop... shit that would be like a full blown investigation, i mean stop being so fucking paranoid you little bitches come on now

theyre just choo choo trains but they can run you over real good though

Guest jeff123456

the surface of freights for painting is pretty good but other then that i hate them.. theres not point of painting them

i rather just bomb shit around where i live then bomb frieghts... but i must admit its cool to see somones shit on a frieght taht u know or met..

ok..the Zack Morris has to throw in his two cents.

I mostly stick to the freights. Here in my city there aren't alot of writers. THe only people I notice that really care about my bombing are the maybe 10 other writers around here. I get tired of putting my neck on the line just to flex my nuts for them. Yes I have bombed, I have done billboards, highways, roofs, what ever. I know what thats about and I decided I was tired of it because as I said..its just the same people seeing the same shit. If I am in another city I will bomb it but I am tired of bombing around my way.

now onto why staying off the numbers is important. Its not mostly about keeping your freights from being stamped, its about not heating the spot. When ever a train pulls into a yard its number are scanned and logged as previously said. These numbers can not be scanned if there is paint over them. To look at where they were getting painted takes a quick look into that string of cars log file and see where they were last scanned. so you know somewhere between point A and point B where the numbers were gone over..thats maybe 2 minutes worth of investigating in the yard office. Another minute for a phone call to the last place that this train was paintedtelling them to look out for graff writers fucking up ther trains. The yard where this was discovered may also beef up security a bit to save the money of having to replace the numbers once again.

I know there will still be you people talking about blah blah blah freight writers are pussies and shit. what ever I'm a pussy. I like to put something nice up to be seen all over the continent. If its not your thing thats fine with me. Just don't fuck up my scene is all I ask. I'm not out trying to stop kids from bombing and saying that its stupid and all this other stupid shit. I just wish some of you could open your eyes and figure out life is much easier if you go with the stream than against it..and for those of you that don't understand that, make things easier and just don't try and go against everyone, you won't get as far as you would if you worked with them.

Love,

Zack Morris the pussy freight nerd

you know what...fuck anyone who thinks freight painters are pussy's. its so much easier to bomb a freeway in 10 minutes when theres miles of freeway. but when you're in 1 yard and theres five hours of painting to be done, the chances are much greater at getting caught or stung on. the only reason more people get caught bombing is because its usually a bunch of toys who dont what the hell they're doing. so fuck all you strictly bombers out there who wanna talk shit about freights. spend night after night in the yard and you'll understand...-THE SLUMZ

Originally posted by magali

Yea you probably dont like freights because you have no clue were to even start looking for a yard. Freight hitting has been a part of graffiti since I can remember, and if you say you don't like freights you have some serious issues to go over in your head. It's a good thing you don't like them, because thats one less completly clueless person scribbling their chicken scratch all over the place.

fuck you. i siad i dont like doing them i no 2 yards and your a toy because you think if someone else would rather tag a wall or roof than a train then tehre a toy then you dont no shit.your obviously a dumb fuck and you probaly go up to a train with a marker and wreck it huh. stupid cake. next time u post something say something smart dumb fuck

Originally posted by chozer

its thinking like this that burns spots...while i will paint surfaces other than trains, i prefer trains. for the obvious fact that THEY MOVE. i want my shit to ride as long as possible, so i avoid the numbers. i also want spots to stay as "unheated" as possible. just cause your spots in philly are burnt cause all the heads up there have the same mentality as you, doesnt mean i want them that way where i am. this is the way that every head in my area feels...old or new, we dont want to run if we dont have to.

exactly what im talking about...you dont paint fr8s, youre A FR8 PAINTER. and therefore you suck. go back to your wooded fr8 spot you sucker.

Originally posted by Zack Morris

now onto why staying off the numbers is important. Its not mostly about keeping your freights from being stamped, its about not heating the spot. When ever a train pulls into a yard its number are scanned and logged as previously said. These numbers can not be scanned if there is paint over them. To look at where they were getting painted takes a quick look into that string of cars log file and see where they were last scanned. so you know somewhere between point A and point B where the numbers were gone over..thats maybe 2 minutes worth of investigating in the yard office. Another minute for a phone call to the last place that this train was paintedtelling them to look out for graff writers fucking up ther trains. The yard where this was discovered may also beef up security a bit to save the money of having to replace the numbers once again.

I know there will still be you people talking about blah blah blah freight writers are pussies and shit. what ever I'm a pussy. I like to put something nice up to be seen all over the continent. If its not your thing thats fine with me. Just don't fuck up my scene is all I ask. I'm not out trying to stop kids from bombing and saying that its stupid and all this other stupid shit. I just wish some of you could open your eyes and figure out life is much easier if you go with the stream than against it..and for those of you that don't understand that, make things easier and just don't try and go against everyone, you won't get as far as you would if you worked with them.

Love,

Zack Morris the pussy freight nerd

ok, same deal as other guy here...you have obviously become a FR8 writer, not a writer that paints fr8s...this is evidenced by your first paragraph, which i deleted for relevance, saying how burnt out you are on real graff.

here's where your logic fails in regards to the numbers/blowing spots shit. im not gonna contradict your railfan trivia knowledge. id bet money that ive painted at least as many fr8s as you if not more....and ive spent years painting spots. ive never intentionally gone over numbers, but sometimes, like with e2es or whole cars or even just lack of good spots on boxcars, ive had to. thats years of doing that, and in at least 2-3 major metropolitan areas. now, not once has the sherlock holmes scenario you all cry about ever happened. heat on our yards comes froms bombing the spot or leaving tons of cans around. i already said i dont do that. but going over numbers is pushing it too far in my opinion. this is the slippery slope of FR8 logic that i hate... where does it end? i mean, yeah, i we all only did our fillins or tags in back alleys theyd never get buffed, blahblahblah...ITS FUCKING GRAFFITI!!!! its not railfanning!! i dont GIVE A FUCKING FUCK about some railfan shit. for real. instead of coming up with all this urban lore about why not to cover # and load limits, just admit the truth...like all FR8 heads who give up on the rest of the culture (as your first paragraph alluded to) you are becoming a railfan, not a graff writer. since when is graff about not stepping on toes? you think private businesses or homeowners want graff on their rooftops or walls? you think taxpayers collectively want graff on higways or transit or tunnels? no...and the fuckin fr8 comapnies dont want graff on their shit either. if you paint a clean train, itll get buffed. it you paint a hot ass street corner, itll get buffed. its the fucking nature of the sport. its only fr8 railfans that whine about wanting your shit to run for like 20 years. man....yawning like a muhterfucker. i prolly have upwards of 4-500 trains and i really dont care about them. if they get stamped or buffed whatever. not one of them was anywhere as ill as all my rooftops or streetspots. and some of my hottest streeet shit lasted 2 days...and i clocked more rep off that then this piece of shit chunk of metal rolling through some cornfield waiting for you yall to flick (or not flick) it. and NO fr8, not even the chase story fr8s were ever as ill as trying to do fillins on the fucking street or climb past peoples fucking bedroom windows on some creaky ass catwalks in the summer with windows open. so when i rack paint, and apply it to a fr8, i see it as practice at best. if you catch it cool, but if not, whatever. but ill be damned if some kids from idaho are mad at ME cause you want your shit to roll around for 20 years. if yall wanna tiptoe around the fr8 companies and be all on their dick, be my guest...but dont ask me to. im not fucking up your shit any worse than any aspect of graff is destructive. i do the minimum, like at a clean train spot, to not leave evidence that i was there. but getting all conspiracy theory about shit and tracing it back to where it got painted...man weve had layups where EVERY fucking car got painted every night for a year straight practically by ONOROK and the rest of our posse... me MBER and NECS killed s.philly for 4 months straight every night almost and not once did your fr8 gestapo ever even peek their noses. ive had more trouble with hoodrats getting into spots than fucking bulls. sheesh. maybe its cause some of you live in the boondox or whatever, but thats my fuckin fault that youre trying to practice an urban artform in the fuckin stix!!! YOURE the ones trying to do that out there, not vice versa! i wouldnt try bombing in some cul-de-sac white ass hood, and if i did, i wouldnt try to force my tip-toe getover tactics on big city writers. its pretty simple. i love GRAFFITI, including good graff on fr8s. thats the bottom line. FR8 writers however, who are either bad sheep railfans, boondock kids, or shook ass writers...they can eat a dick. if theres not enough room, im goin over the fuckin load limits like a mutherfucker. stamp away...its a waste of good racked paint anyway.

Guest Stoney Blaze
Originally posted by dELiSs

i hate freights they point and laugh at me and make fun of my mom

That shit's only funny cause i'm "cypress hillin'".

The more I think of it, the more I want to hit some steel.....

the possibilities are endless.....................................

Guest imported_b0b

where does it end? i mean, yeah, i we all only did our fillins or tags in back alleys theyd never get buffed, blahblahblah...ITS FUCKING GRAFFITI!!!!

. if you paint a clean train, itll get buffed. it you paint a hot ass street corner, itll get buffed. its the fucking nature of the sport. its only fr8 railfans that whine about wanting your shit to run for like 20 years. man..... i prolly have upwards of 4-500 trains and i really dont care about them. if they get stamped or buffed whatever. not one of them was anywhere as ill as all my rooftops or streetspots. and some of my hottest streeet shit lasted 2 days...

I think Cheerleader sums it up nicely, it ain't meant to last for ever, it is graffiti and therefore disposable. It is nice if it lasts, but so what if it doesn't?

OK,I DONT LOVE OR HATE FREIGHTS,I JUST PAINT EVERYTHING WHAT I CAN MOST OF THE TIME,,,,,WHAT I DO HATE IS THAT I GOT THE MOST HARDCORE CHASE I HAVE EVER HAD FROM GRAFF DOING FREIGHTS! SO CLOSE TO GETTING BUSTED BUT WE LUCKED OUT AND GOT AWAY....WHAT I DO HATE IS HOW YOU YANKEEEES ARE 'OBSESSED' WITH FREIGHTS TREATING THEM LIKE THEY ARE BETTER THAN PASSENGER CARS....ITS NOT ABOUT HOW LONG IT RUNS FOR,ITS ABOUT RUNNING THRU CENTRAL STATION IN YOUR CITY,I KNOW THAT FREIGHTS NEVER RUN THRU CENTRAL STATIONS, U HAVE TO GO TO A DIFF STATION OUT A BIT TO SEE EM RUN SKE,BUT ANYWAYS JUST KEEP PAINTING EVERYTHING I SAY,FUK THIS IM GOING BOMBING RIGHT NOW,I'M DUSTED................................

Originally posted by IMFINETHANKYOU

I'm curious, who besides me doesn't really give two shits about this frieght craze?

i got a better question ... who here really gives two shit about what IMFINETHANKYOU cars about???????:D

Freights are fine for a lot of people. I love looking at them, but for some reason feel zero urge to paint them, much of which is due to the fact that there´s a "freight scene" and I really feel better doing my own thing. Freights are nifty, they go around some, but in all honesty I haven´t seen very many freight pieces rolling when I wasn´t out looking for them. So go rock on, do your thing, and don´t worry about other people´s happinesses...

Take it easy, but take it.

exactly what im talking about...you dont paint fr8s, youre A FR8 PAINTER. and therefore you suck. go back to your wooded fr8 spot you sucker.

yes, some of my favorite spots are in the woods.

but i dont paint only freights. i prefer freights, and on occasion i slip up and paint over numbers or boxes, and i fully expect those freights to get stamped. i try to avoid doing so, but reckless disregard is your own worst enemy. and there are a couple people in my area that would knock heads for blatant disrespect of numbers.

I liked the freghts better when the people painting them had finetuned their skills on walls and paper for years before subjecting everyone in the US to witness their work..and especially now with the "trends" of lettering going on...spikey vines with flowers and petals coming off them, or the "wanna be have funk and old skool look" alot are trying to duplicate....you can try all you want..but it just don't look right....you gotta feel that shit....

I would rather see tiny streaks and ACDC rules by some rockers all over the trains then a large majority of what I happen to see from time to time.

The old men of the lines know the deal..the rest..well...stick to walls in the boondocks and paper before you venutre onto steel.

just my 5 cents...snob nosed grump.

Archived