Monty Python's Flying Circus!

bodice_ripper

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i used to watch it every day on comedy central many years ago. they used to play it right before kids in the hall. that was one fun hour.

shit, holy grail is still funny to me

Guest MR BOJANGLES

ive checked it out a few times...my girl loves it. i think its kinda gay...no offenese. than again i hate everything that doesnt involve giant robots or aliens.

Originally posted by ese

on a related side note:

anyone who hasn't seen Fawlty Towers is seriously missing out. I bought the DVD box set this xmas and its just as good as I remember it being. Cleese at his best (after python of course)

i agree 100% ese. that show has to be one of my favourites ever. not many people find it funny for somereason, but i guess theyre retarded. bump for fawlty towers. oh yeah and basil kicks ass too.

http://blake.sunderland.ac.uk/~ba6mjo/german.gif'>

Basil: 'So that's two eggs mayonnaise, a prawn Goebbels, a Hermann Goering and four Colditz salads... no, wait a moment, I got a bit confused there, sorry...I got a bit confused because everyone keeps mentioning the War, so could you...'

German: 'Will you stop talking about the war!'

Basil: 'Me? You started it!'

German: 'We did not start it.'

Basil: 'Yes you did, you invaded Poland...'

ha ha one of the best british comedies ever.

Originally posted by MR BOJANGLES

ive checked it out a few times...my girl loves it. i think its kinda gay...no offenese. than again i hate everything that doesnt involve giant robots or aliens.

http://www.stone-dead.asn.au/movies/life-of-brian/pictures/14-aliens.jpg'>

okay its' not a robot.......

http://www.stone-dead.asn.au/tv-series/pictures/fc-22/pictures/giant-animated-cat.jpg'>

Greatest Sketch

http://www.stone-dead.asn.au/tv-series/pictures/fc-13/pictures/albatross.jpg'>

Man: Albatross! Albatross! Albatross!

(A cutomer approaches him.)

Customer: Two choc-ices please.

Man: I haven't got choc-ices. I only got the albatross. Albatross!

Customer: What flavour is it?

Man: It's a bird, innit. It's a bloody sea bird . .. it's not any bloody flavour. Albatross!

Customer: Do you get wafers with it?

Man: Course you don't get bloody wafers with it. Albatross!

Customer: How much is it?

Man: Ninepence.

Customer: I'll have two please.

Man: Gannet on a stick

Guest Pilau Hands

i haven't yet seen the flying circus, but i've been privy to the holy grail and the meaning of life...which contains one of my favorite scenes ever.

gluttony...when the guy just keeps projectile vomitting everywhre, and the cleaning woman comes to clean it up, and he vomits on her back! hahahahahahaha.

also the funniest joke in the world was quite amusing

*Now it is such a bizarrely impossible coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the nonexistence of God. The arguement goes something like this:

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," say Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't though of that" and promply vanishes in a puff of logic.*

*It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.*

Anchorman

Well right now we're going back to the Olympic stadium for the closing minutes of the Philosophy Final, and I understand that there's still no score.

On the pitch, a German is remonstrating with the referee.

Football Commentator

Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games. [We see a bearded figure in a track-suit is warming up on the touch-line.] And who's that? It's Karl Marx, Karl Marx is warming up. It looks as though there's going to be a substitution in the German side. [Marx removes the track-suit, under which he is wearing a suit.] Obviously the manager Martin Luther has decided on all-out attack, as indeed he must with only two minutes of the match to go. And the big question is, who is he going to replace, who's going to come off. It could be Jaspers, Hegel or Schopenhauer, but it's Wittgenstein! Wittgenstein, who saw his aunty only last week, and here's Marx. [Marx begins some energetic knees-up running about.] Let's see it he can put some life into this German attack. [The referee blows his whistle; Marx stops and begins contemplating like the rest.] Evidently not. What a shame. Well now, with just over a minute left, a replay on Tuesday looks absolutely vital. There's Archimedes, and I think he's had an idea.

Archimedes

Eureka! [He runs towards the ball and kicks it.]

Football Commentator

Archimedes out to Socrates, Socrates back to Archimedes, Archimedes out to Heraclitus, he beats Hegel [who, like all the Germans, is still thinking] . Heraclitus a little flick, here he comes on the far post, Socrates is there, Socrates heads it in! Socrates has scored! The Greeks are going mad, the Greeks are going mad. Socrates scores, got a beautiful cross from Archimedes. The Germans are disputing it. Hegel is arguing that the reality is merely an a priori adjunct of non-naturalistic ethics, Kant via the categorical imperative is holding that ontologically it exists only in the imagination, and Marx is claiming it was offside. But Confucius has answered them with the final whistle! It's all over! Germany, having trounced England's famous midfield trio of Bentham, Locke and Hobbes in the semi-final, have been beaten by the odd goal, and let's see it again. [Replay viewed from behind the goal.] There it is, Socrates, Socrates heads in and Leibnitz doesn't have a chance. And just look at those delighted Greeks. [The Greeks jog delightedly, holding a cup aloft.] There they are, "Chopper" Sophocles, Empedocles of Acragus, what a game he had. And Epicurus is there, and Socrates the captain who scored what was probably the most important goal of his career.

Archived