question about absenthe(sp?)

Zack Morris

my girlfriend and a few of her friends are planning on doing some of this stuff next weekend...I was wondering if anyone knew what the side effects are of this drug..I looked on erowid.org and I couldn't find anything about side effects and the such.

on a realated due to this absenthe I might not get to go see my girlfriend next weekend...she would rather get high than see me...:(

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest fr8lover

absinthe technically isnt a drug, its a greenish colored liquor concocted from wormwood (which some say give it its hallucinogenic traits) and other stuff i dont really know...its just supposed to be a real crazy drunk, with a chance of hallucinations...my buddy drank a shitload and said he had never been more fucked up in his life, and this guy is a bruiser as far as drinking and drugging go.

a couple friends did that not long ago, they went from fairly intelligent to absolutely retarded in 10 minutes. 2 shots. they said theyd never been that fucked up before, but wouldnt want to do it again.

Oh sweet jesus.

Absinthe is the arm, fingers, and claws of a certain deity with whom I share names. I once went to a "Party" while I was living in SF. This party was held by a fellow named **e. Some of you may know this fellow. He does a lot of postal stickers containing eyeballs and othe mildly fucked up charachters.

At any rate, he was holding the party to celebrate with his first production of Bathtub Absinthe. Shit was good, but long story short....I was woken up naked in a doorway of a Marina dist. apt. building by a hot-ass 30yr old exec. as she attempted to step over me on her way to work, and walked 14 miles in the wrong direction to get home to Market street, Where I had originated, (presumably), wearing only a pair of too-tight chinos that I found outside the building, and a kitchen apron that I found in North Beach. My second experience was in NYC, where you can buy Absinthe (and you don't have to make it in your bathtub.) and I won't go into it. Shit makes you crazy. Litterally. Ask Theaureau, or whichever author it was that got heavilly addicted (did anyone mention that wormwood is HIGHLY addictive?) and moved to France to finish out his life drinking Absinthe.

Have fun, and check your guns at the door.

It seriously messed up alot of people back in the later 1800's, and around then. They speculate it's one of the reasons Van Gogh went insane - that and some other incidents sparked him. Talous Lautrec was a bit nutty too, and he really partied with it. I don't think it has any super serious side effects if you do it just a little bit, but neither does crack.

Someday I might wanna try it too, but in a safer way.

Originally posted by THE DEVIL!

Oh sweet jesus.

Absinthe is the arm, fingers, and claws of a certain deity with whom I share names. I once went to a "Party" while I was living in SF. This party was held by a fellow named **e. Some of you may know this fellow. He does a lot of postal stickers containing eyeballs and othe mildly fucked up charachters.

At any rate, he was holding the party to celebrate with his first production of Bathtub Absinthe. Shit was good, but long story short....I was woken up naked in a doorway of a Marina dist. apt. building by a hot-ass 30yr old exec. as she attempted to step over me on her way to work, and walked 14 miles in the wrong direction to get home to Market street, Where I had originated, (presumably), wearing only a pair of too-tight chinos that I found outside the building, and a kitchen apron that I found in North Beach. My second experience was in NYC, where you can buy Absinthe (and you don't have to make it in your bathtub.) and I won't go into it. Shit makes you crazy. Litterally. Ask Theaureau, or whichever author it was that got heavilly addicted (did anyone mention that wormwood is HIGHLY addictive?) and moved to France to finish out his life drinking Absinthe.

Have fun, and check your guns at the door.

thanks that eased my nerves about bad things happening to my girl...am I allowed to be pissed when she wakes up naked somehwere?...because I will be..even though I am already pissed off.

I decided that if she can go off and do crazy drugs that my goodlookin ass is chuking dick at any fly female that looks in my direction..its on tonight.

i went to this one party a few weeks ago , these two chicks did three shots ......5 mins later they couldnt walk so they proceeded to strip naked on the couch........it was cool to say the least.......but then i had to fight off asswholes who were trying to take advantage of them ..

Originally posted by ASER1NE

i went to this one party a few weeks ago , these two chicks did three shots ......5 mins later they couldnt walk so they proceeded to strip naked on the couch........it was cool to say the least.......but then i had to fight off asswholes who were trying to take advantage of them ..

i couldn't get this off my mind all night...its really eating away at me..I atleast want to talkt o her about it...maybe I misunderstood her...but still she knows I hate that shit...she knows that if she is going to do any hard drugs I DO NOT want to know about it. Not in anyway shape or form. As I have expressed on this board before anything harder than alcohol and cigg's scares the bajebus out of me. i am just really feeling dissed more at the lack of disrepsect that was represented there. I just wish she could see it from my point of view...I know she's a good kid and I want her to stay that way. If she only knew all the people that were doing great and on the way to make something of themselves then got involved in some of this shit and just destroyed thier lives, dropped out of shool, became shady as fuck, and in some cases died of over doses or killed due to shady actions that they took. I also know that I probbly can't change her mind as 2 years ago she was dropping acid every weekend and doing shrooms and X and anything else she could get her cute little hands on. Yet at the same time she argues to me that that stuff isn't going to hurt her in moderation. Maybe I am the one that was destroyed by the media and "bought in" to what they say, ut at the same time I wonder if she realizes that if something causes these things it can't be good for you..Your not supposed to see tracers and hallucinate unless something is NOT right. Your not supposed to drop X every weekend and acid and shrooms and K and all that shit all the time and think that its not going to bother you. THe stories I have heard from you all and form other people about this drug alone just has me more pissed off/worried. Plus I will be really mad if she ends up getting naked and something happens...people will lose thier trachea type mad. Brick over someones dome type of mad. I know if something happens she will never tell me either, she knows that it will send that quiet kid with the green eyes into a mad fit of rage where I drive up there and hunt down who ever did and 10 hard hitting thick necked mother fuckers bring the wrath of the devils plague apon his ass. I also feel that I have no right to try to influnce her in how I feel but yet its eating at me inside because I really like her, and I can't turn that off and just pretend like nothing was ever there between us. I am asking you guys now for serious advice as I have jsut spilled my guts onto this keyboard....should I honestly tell her how I feel and that I think its a really bad idea and that I feel as if I am being put second to some drug that can kill her very easily....if you read this far thank you, honestly. There are very few times this level of sincerity comes from me and I want to thank anyone that dropped any kind of science, advice or opinion in this thread. thank you.

Zack Morris

bro you sound exactly like me , and your relationship sounds pretty damn close too.......so i say this , that absinthe stuff is just nuts , she's gonna drink it and shes gonna do something she'll regret , and probably wont tell you ........not so much because she wants to keep secrets , but more bc she wont remember it happening.......if i were you , which it sounds like i am , you should definately tell her regardless of if it will change her mind or not . if she knows how you feel and still doesnt care , drop the bitch and move the fuck on , TRUST ME , ive gone through that shit , its nothing but hurt if you try to salvage a relationship thats not there anymore .

my girl and i used to be so tight it was unbelievable , then she moved away and went all weird on me , i got the disrespect , and the lies and the whole bit , which was even worse bc i knew how she / we used to be....and now our relationship just gets worse and worse , the only reason i havent murdered myself is because i just stopped caring , after so much you cant take no more so at this point i dont really care if were together or not , not to say that i dont love her , bc i do more than anything i have ever b4 , but ya , i say you should just move the fuck on , she obviously doesnt care enough about you to give any serious consideration to your opinions .......that doesnt mean that she has to listen to everything that you say and be ruled by an iron fist , but in most functional relations , ppl consider what the other feels towards certain things and alter their actions accordingly.

the sooner you get over her the better , and i KNOW you wont listen to me bc ive been thier , you'll just want to hang on to that last thread of relationship just in case it gets better , it wont . i dont even listen to my own advice and still try to make something out of nothing , and all it causes is pain ...

also she sounds like she is extremely niave towards the effects of drugs etc , and you nor i have been destroyed by the media , i have done ample research on all drugs to find out which ones were the safest , and i can firmly say that they all are terribly bad for you , all of them , maybe not immediatly , but in years to come theyre gonna fuck you over in the long run...

anything else i can lend my opinion on ......hit the email if you wish .

it's absynthe. it's illegal here but legal in spain and other euro countries.

it's stupid. it's not a high... dammit it's alcohol but it has wormwood which is said to have hallucinatory properties but i think maybe you'd have to eat a whole tree to get that to work. it tastes like liquorice and it is milky green after you pour it into water and over sugar.

i don't care for it.

Originally posted by Zack Morris

i have just heard quite a few bad stories...and I more distraught about the disregard for me and the higher importance that alcohol woskin with wormwood has over me....I need to talk to her but I can't get ahold of her either.

lightly sautee her in butter and scallions (until no longer crunchy).

Why the fuck are you not going out with her and her mates?? If you are in a relationship why not drink it with her, its only expensive strong alcohol, lighten up and have a laugh with her then you wont have to worry about what she gets up to if you are with her.

Ive drunk it quite a few times, the only side effect is having a killer hangover in the morning! 2 shots will do you nicely, i dont suggest going over that limit. Its feels slightly different from being drunk, it sort of brings you up, a bit like having a mild line of coke and getting drunk at the same time. comes recommended over here! :dazed:

Archived