stupid white men

seeking

anyone else read this?

if you havent, its highly suggested.

written by michael moore, the guy who did 'roger and me'...

all about how bush stole the presidency, and other governmental nonsense and chikanery.

patrick, this one has your name all over it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i think i just got hired at a hotass job, with goodass looking women in suits. not worthy of starting a new thread, but figured id tell you anyways. im excited are you? nah didnt thinks so

"good luck iCEBERG, you a pimp you know that right?"

i know i know, thanks for your time, and im out.

Guest fr8lover

yeah seeking, its funny that he used to call the guy "kenny boy" but if you watch press conferences now he refers to him as "mr lay." the guy basically made bush a puppet by shoving money up his ass and sending him out into the nation, and now bush has no choice but to deny even having a relationship with him. once enron got bush into office, they knew that any problems they had would be bailed out by gw. sure enough, hes sweetalking whole COUNTRIES (india...etc) to lay off this unethical bohemiath of a company...dude had it made in the shade. even when they were having trouble, they kept in contact with the white house even more sending out cries for help. its so funny that this is completely blown over, where clintons sex scandal was the news of the decade. hypocrisy...

I caught him on the rerun of the Daily Show today... talking about how Bush is totally denying ever even knowing Ken Lay, but how a couple of years ago Bush flew to a baseball game just to see Ken throw out the first ball.

Bush, and especially Cheney, have gotten some nasty Enron funk all over them.

enron/bush/taliban

all have business ties

enron was making deals with bin laden before 9/11

bin laden family floated money to George w. for his first oil company

bush wins presidency, trade center blows up, enron goes down

how could it not be all linked together

Guest BROWNer

michael moore is a good guy.

i think the nytimes or something referred to lay

sometime after bush's inauguration as the bush

administrations "shadow advisor".

and they claim they didn't know anything.

bush...what a puke face.

Originally posted by 9ign

Bush, and especially Cheney, have gotten some nasty Enron funk all over them.

thats extremely funny, seeing as how clinton was the one that financed enron for eight years.

bush sr: approved ONLY ONE of enrons proposals requiring government grants.

clinton: approved NINETEEN out of TWENTY of enrons proposals, including the butched fiasco in india, bankrupting 5 of indias top banks.

those same 5 banks are 3 BILLION in the hole, enron spent not ONE dime, and collected on grants to cover their ass in case things didnt work out.

bush jr: approved zero grants for enron. enron goes belly up.

enron gave money to everyone, democrats and republicans alike.

ken lay was invited by clinton to spend the night in the lincoln room, and the next morning stroked a check for 100,000 dollars.

i have mixed feeling about ole billy boy, but choz has a point:

Clinton helped Enron finance projects abroad

By Patrice Hill

THE WASHINGTON TIMES

The Clinton administration provided more than $1 billion in subsidized loans to Enron Corp. projects overseas at a time when Enron was contributing nearly $2 million to Democratic causes.

Clinton officials refused to finance only one out of 20 projects proposed by the energy company between 1993 and 2000 to build power plants, natural-gas pipelines and other big-ticket energy facilities around the world, according to the Export-Import Bank and the Overseas Private Investment Corp., the agencies that provided the subsidies.

In addition, the administration, which lauded Chairman Kenneth L. Lay as an exemplary "corporate citizen," granted about $200 million worth of insurance against political risks for nine Enron projects in such politically volatile areas as Argentina, Venezuela and the Gaza Strip, according to documents the agencies provided to the Senate Finance Committee.

"These projects obviously were a tremendous benefit to Enron's operations," said Sen. Charles E. Grassley, Iowa Republican and ranking minority member of the committee. He noted that the Reagan and Bush administrations approved no loans for Enron between 1985 and 1992 and provided insurance for only one Enron power project in Guatemala in 1992.

The Clinton administration provided three loans between 1994 and 1998 to the now-defunct Dabhol power project in India. Mr. Clinton's commerce secretary, Ron Brown, trumpeted the approval of the Dabhol loans on a trade mission to India in 1995, with Mr. Lay by his side.

The trip was one of 11 Clinton trade missions provided at taxpayer expense for corporate executives from Enron and other companies. The U.S. Trade and Development Agency, which sponsored the trips, also provided $1 million in funding to study Enron energy projects in Russia, Eastern Europe and former Soviet states.

As congressional committees dig for evidence to tie Enron and Mr. Lay to the Bush administration, evidence of Mr. Lay's links to the Clinton administration are ample and well-documented.

Mr. Lay at times was Mr. Clinton's golf partner and slept in the Lincoln Bedroom. Other top Enron officials attended the White House's infamous "coffee klatches" with Mr. Clinton, according to published reports.

Mr. Lay offered a seat on Enron's board of directors to Robert E. Rubin, Mr. Clinton's Treasury secretary, in 1999 just before he left government, the Associated Press reported yesterday. Mr. Rubin tried to get Treasury to intervene on behalf of Enron last fall when the company credit rating was threatened.

In May 1996, Mr. Clinton lauded Mr. Lay as a good "corporate citizen" at a White House event because of Enron's enlightened personnel policies, including profit-sharing of Enron stock and generous health and pension benefits. Enron employees now are suing because those benefits are as worthless as the bankrupt company's stock.

During the Clinton years, Enron contributed more than $1 million to the Democratic Party, including $600,000 to the Democatic National Committee, according to Federal Election Commission records. Mr. Clinton and Vice President Al Gore received contributions of $11,000 and $13,750, respectively, for their presidential campaigns.

One $100,000 contribution to the DNC was provided before India gave final approval to Enron's Dabhol project in June 1996. The largest and most expensive capital project ever undertaken in India, Dabhol was of dubious economic value and never went on line.

The World Bank, on reviewing the project, said it was not economically viable and inordinately benefited Enron, which was a 65 percent owner. Enron still owes $203 million on an Export-Import Bank loan for the project, which the bank says is covered by guarantees provided by five Indian banks.

Congressional aides said it is not clear what the taxpayers' liability will be for that and other loans now that Enron is bankrupt. The Export-Import Bank said its loans were extended to overseas subsidiaries of Enron and not the bankrupt corporation. The overseas investment agency said its exposure is limited to paying any missed premiums on Enron's political risk insurance.

Top Clinton officials lobbied personally to obtain Indian state guarantees for the Dabhol project after it encountered early problems in 1995. Thomas F. "Mack" McLarty, the White House chief of staff, made it a top administration priority to keep the project from failing. The Bush administration has continued efforts to salvage the project.

Clinton Energy Secretary Hazel O'Leary led a succession of missions to India, and Mr. Clinton's ambassador to India, Frank Wisner, was charged with keeping the project afloat. After Mr. Wisner left government in 1997, he took a seat on the board of directors of a company then controlled by Enron. Mr. McLarty also performed work for Enron after leaving the administration.

Has anyone seen the TV special where Michael Moore runs a "potted plant" for office in New Jersey (I think it was for congress)?

It's fucking hilarious, he gets up on a stage and sets the plant down in front of a mic to present a speech and field questions. It just sits there. Hahaha.

I remember him saying the plant actually received a considerable amount of votes.

micheal moore is a godamned genius.

i flipped through the book today, it looked super good, but i was at a store that i wouldn't rack... guess i gotta make the trip to b&n....

all politicians are fucking weasels, and every rich motherfucker is only looking to get richer, it's a vicious cycle that leaves us all assed out in the end.

that's why we all need to read mr. moore's books, cuz he makes it obvious to everyone how fucked big buisness/politics are.

Originally posted by seeking innocence

boogie, you can get them all on dvd now.

no need, me and my dad were steady taping that show from the second episode to the last.....im honestly surprised that show was on tv for an entire season, it was actually intelligent......i wouldnt mind having those dvds though, i wouldnt have to fast forward through all the commercials.....:D

• 1 month later...
Guest imported_sofarok

A VERY AMERICAN COUP

i picked it up today, his general argument is very full on, almost to the point of parody but i think that may have been the point.

here a short piece you may all enjoy?

A VERY AMERICAN COUP

I am a citizen of the United States of America.

Our government has been overthrown. Our elected presi­dent has been exiled. Old white men wielding martinis and wearing dickies have occupied our nation’s capital. So who, then, is the man that now occupies 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue? I’ll tell you who: he is George W Bush, ‘President’ of the United States. The Thief-in-Chief. The coup began in the summer of 1999, when Kather­ine Harris, an honorary Stupid White Man who was both Bush’s presidential campaign co-chairwoman and the florida secretary of state in charge of elections, paid $4m to Database Technologies to go through Florida’s voter rolls and remove anyone ‘suspected’ of being a for­mer felon. She did so with the blessing of the governor of Florida, George W’s brother, Jeb. The law states that ex-felons cannot vote in Florida. And sadly (though i’m confident that Florida’s justice system was always unim­peachably fair), that means 31% of all black men in Florida are prohibited from voting because they have a felony on their record. Black Floridians, overwhelmingly, are Democrats — and, sure enough, Al Gore received the votes of more than 90% of them on Novembet-7, 2000. That is, 90% of those who were allowed to vote. In what appears to boa mass fraud committed by the state of Florida, Bush, Harris and company not only removed thou­sands of black felons from the rolls, they also removed thousands of black citizens who had never committed a crime in their lives — along with thousands of eligible voters who had committed only misdemeanors.

How did this happen? Harris’s office told Database to cast as wide a net as possible to get rid of these voters:

people with ‘similar’ names to those of the actual felons, people with the same birth dates as known felons, or simi­lar social security numbers; an 80% match of relevant information, the election office instructed, was sufficient for Database to add a voter to the ineligible list

Before long, 173,000 registered voters in Florida were permanently wiped off the voter rolls. In Miami-Dade, Florida’s largest county, 66% of the voters who were removed were black. Eight thousand additional Floridians were thrown off the voting rolls because Database used a false list supplied by another state, a state which claimed that all the names on the list were former convicted felons who had since moved to florida What state was it that offered Jeb and George a helping hand by sending this list to Florida? Texas.

George W Bush would officially be credited with receiv­ing 537 more votes than Al Gore in Florida Is it safe to assume that the thousands of registered black and His­panic voters barred from the polls might have made the difference if they had been allowed to vote — and cost Bush the election? Without a doubt.

Sixteen months later, George W Bush made the following comment on the victory of Robert Mugabe in the Zimbab­wean presidential election of March2002. ‘We do not recognize the outcome of the election, because we think it’s flawed and we are dealing with our friends to figure out how to deal with this flawed election.’

Archived