Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 01/27/2023 in all sections

1. might finally get my drivers license and a car or something ...but like ive never needed one so ...shruglife
    5 points
  2. I want to get a stand alone freezer for long term storage.
    4 points
  3. So this covers vinyl and nerd shit so some folks may find it interesting. I'm a big believer in coming up with overly complex and unnecessary solutions to non existent problems to learn something new. My current 'problem' at the time was that the turntable is in the opposite side of the house of where we spent the most time hanging out. I had a couple raspberry pi's laying around the house so what I came up with is a way to have anything that was connected to the home wifi would be able to able to stream whatever is currently playing on the turntable. I had a spare touch screen monitor so I took a shot at building a dedicated media player thing in the garage that could play music or videos. (after 3 years I should probably finish it) Then the pandemic hit and we got sent home for a month so I decided to put the thing on the internet and did pandemic radio for a few months for friends and coworkers.
    4 points
  4. Where's the section for Rarely Asked Questions?
    3 points
  5. Dropped Spotify for Tidal for many reasons. So I no longer get the fancy slideshow anymore. But at least Tidal shits out monthly and yearly playlists. Sorry is my new favorite band. I've got a weakness for really good indie alternative/pop stuff. Reminds me of Blonde Redhead but less noisy or Portishead but with more bop. I've listened to Kendrick's older stuff and been like "yeah, that's good shit" and that was the end of it. I guess timing is everything, he was working some shit out on that record and I was too so I had it on repeat for a month. Titus Andronicus alternates between putting out balls out rock albums and crazy ass concept/rock opera stuff. An Obelisk is a great example of the former. Archers of Loaf is one of the OG Chapel Hill indie bands from Merge records that blew up college radio stations back in the 90's. They just put out a new album after only playing a hand full of shows for in a 20 year span and it slaps. There a more good stuff in the playlist so I'll drop a link to it at the bottom of the post. https://tidal.com/browse/mix/009c733c047b08a4ce16fd9753a91c
    3 points
  6. Hah I mad scienced all that at home
    3 points
  7. I want to get a dedicated waterfowl shotgun. I feel kinda bad for my old Remington Wingmaster joining me on aluminum boat rides in the rain. The old girl shines in dry upland environments. I got it on consignment at a used gun shop about a decade ago and it has a beautiful walnut stock and forend with blued steel receiver. She’s high maintenance and takes a cleaning after every hunt that I shoot. In 2023, I would really like to get a CZ 1012 for myself. It has a synthetic stock and is designed for wet environments. Even though the pump action for the Wingmaster is super cool, I have definitely missed shots with the time it takes to rack another round. The 1012 is semi-auto so you can fire off the three shells as quick as you can pull the trigger and stay on target. It’s an upgrade I’ve been putting off for a while now. But maybe this will be the year. what about you?
    2 points
  8. Be careful. I got banned from the sub reddit 'no stupid questions' on my first question. The mods sent me a message literally asking if I was retarded or not.
    2 points
  9. 2 points
  10. Tough to beat that post. That's a good one. I am hoping to check off move government contracts. 🙏
    2 points
  11. ^^ thats a rarely asked question.
    2 points
  12. You mean the emojis? If that's what you're referring to, I noticed recently that the emojis appear with that extra image to the left of them, even on the list of emojis. Maybe @misteravencan assist. Hey Raven, Happy New Year, welcome to 2023. Remember us guys? I mean yeah, but then where do you put the bodies? Or how do you pull a "Carlito's Way?"
    2 points
  13. Aw thank you, buddy! Just trying to show the little one it's possible to go from under a bridge to your dream home just with hard work
    2 points
  14. Any of you guys have Discogs accounts? such a good tool for collecting. I used to correspond a but with @-Rage- on there….he had a bunch of rad RATM records amongst other things.
    2 points
  15. Sure would be tight if I fell asleep right now.
    2 points
  16. I came up on so much meat today. Pork Butts at 99¢ an lb. I copped like 35 lbs. Chicken quarters at 79¢ an lb. So I copped 30 lbs of that shit. Your boy got the meats. DUN DUN DUN DUNNN.
    2 points
  17. Can't believe I just bought a 45 dollar vinyl just because the track hive-ultrasonic sound is expensive as fuck and hard to get on vinyl
    2 points
  18. I bought a pound of santo domingo coffee, ground, to arrive on tuesday. Crazy how easy it can be to satisfy a whim with shopping now a days, sitting around and randomly remember having good, mass produced coffee in the Dominican Republic and grab the phone of the pocket and have it on the way for 12 bucks. Now I am going to buy some nesprsso pods, them shits are expensive but I am hooked
    2 points
  19. What did you ask ?
    1 point
  20. Always been envious of living in a community where not everyone has to own a car.
    1 point
  21. 1 point
  22. @One Man Bannedare they reasonably priced to maybe get 2 freezers?
    1 point
  23. 1 point
  24. Anybody ever think that where, kults, and the jugalo guy were all the same person?
    1 point
  25. We've come along way from the silk road.
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00