Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 12/15/2022 in all sections

1. Just had a favourable day in court, and now headed towards a new day
    4 points
  2. I have always felt the same, terrified with anything electrical but it is something I have always wanted to learn. 3 months ago I decided to resign from my job and have been working for an electrician. Not sure how far I am going to take it, but, been pretty stoked to be learning new stuff and not be freaked out anytime I see exposed wires. Barely, scratching the surface on understanding it all.
    3 points
  3. that sucks!! I'm waiting for food delivery and picking bit's of paint of my bald head. been spraying my shed to get rid of the awful bronze olive colour. was is now
    3 points
  4. You need new wire. The box that currently has your hot electricity feed in it is full. If you make the old box twice as big you will have room to feed the new box. The new wire will come from the old box (made into a double size.) The old box will have two receptacles, or four places to plug into. Small wire carries small load. Bigger wire carries bigger loads. There are two sizes of wire in that old box, so your breaker needs to match the small sized wire. A 15 amp breaker is what should feed this circuit. If it is a 20a it is wrong. And you need 14/2, not 14/3.
    2 points
  5. Honestly of all the amature shit I do - electrical is the one that scares me the most. I always make sure to shut off the circuit and even then get paranoid. I have basic wiring skills but we are for sure entering high risk low reward area - have an expert or homie present or just pay bro fuck it
    2 points
  6. @NightmareOnElmStreetI have a neat trick to find out which black wire is the one supplying the power to all the other ones. Take that loose white wire and touch it to one of the blacks one at a time. You'll know when you find the right one.
    2 points
  7. Both y’all nurgas speaking French to me. You trying to tell me I don’t need new romex to get an outlet off this one mess. Also I removed the outlet from the mess box so all those wires are just dangling. Got the room blocked off like a murder scene so my 2 year old can’t get in. Feels dangerous lol. Might put it all together and give up. Maybe y’all can help though 😂
    2 points
  8. Good ol smash or trash 😁
    2 points
  9. 2 points
  10. It looks like there is 14g and 12g wire under those nuts. Make sure the breaker serving that receptacle is a 15a, not a 20a breaker. (My house is the same way--early romex all had white jackets, in the early 00s they became color coded, so home depot special handymen matched wire size by jacket color and tied smaller [cheaper] wire into larger circuits. I wish manufacturers had chosen 10g to be white jacketed then this problem wouldnt exist...) And as that box is full, you could make it into a 2 gang box quite easily.
    2 points
  11. i missed this place
    2 points
  12. And on a Friyay! InShot_20221209_073558389.mp4
    1 point
  13. Happy belated birthday Tranz4mations 😂 hope you had a good one and by the looks of your pics looks as though you did and got spoiled too.
    1 point
  14. well yeah. i wasn't gonna post it on 12oz from home
    1 point
  15. I’m all for this page. Keep it going💥
    1 point
  16. Not too long ago I went to the Chris King handmade bike show where about twenty bike builders were given new, limited edition Chris King components to build a bike around. There were some really cool bikes on display but by far the coolest was from a company called No.22. Being a fan of titanium bikes I was really drawn to it but I think I was equally drawn to the attention to detail not only in the frame design/build but also the paint and anodize they do on all their bikes. Really nice stuff.
    1 point
  17. Jesus would choose NY fats
    1 point
  18. This is all I get. 2/3 the bomb pop.
    1 point
  19. 2 eggs bacon hash browns makes a fantastic dinner.
    1 point
  20. Happy belated Birthday T4M*
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00