Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 11/28/2022 in all sections

1. One time I was working a Tom Petty show. Familiar with his music. Not familiar with how he looks. I started bitching to this old dude about how I didn’t want to be there and how tired I was. He agreed with all my complaints and said he’d rather be home. Turned out to be Tom Petty. A little while later he passed away. Moral of the story is don’t work when you’re old especially if you have a lot of money.
    7 points
  2. Check this stingray I saw last night.
    4 points
  3. Some performers can keep in going and going, actually improving in their art with time. Jazz acts, classical come to mind as genres where the best performance may well be by senior citizens. If it is just a cash grab by some geezer I will start clear but in the general case of there is a show to consider I say to go for it, never regret going as much as not going.
    4 points
  4. No to the pissing with hands up. I got tickets to Dead and Friends last tour next Summer - like 3 dudes from the original group and they are all in their late 60s. Santana fucking rips and he passed out on stage this year. Some of these young dudes are loaded and can barely perform at times. I think its all about how much the artist can tap into the essence of their work regardless of age.
    3 points
  5. I stumbled across this broad who believes sincerely that ancient Rome and the Roman Empire never existed and is a church led conspiracy.
    3 points
  6. @mortonone of my favorite bands is earth wind and fire. They used to come to play Portsmouths outdoor arena all the time. When I lived down town, I could sit out on my porch with a J and a drink and listen to them play all night. I always said I was actually going to go see one of their shows live. I bullshitted around too long and Maurice White, one of the original vocalists died in like 2017 or so. It's weird though, cuz the band has had several dozen instrument players roll in and out of the group over the years. Just doesn't feel right to go see them live anymore.
    3 points
  7. Watching usher get slower and slower with those dance moves was sad.
    3 points
  8. This is hilarious and would have thrown me for a loop (hopefully a quick one) if I found this on my vehicle.
    3 points
  9. Actual pic of @Fist 666ejacaloiding himself in the face…..on “accident”.
    3 points
  10. BBQ wahoo steak and exotic glizzies for dinner.
    3 points
  11. Arched back, pelvis forward, both hands on hips, bare ass exposed.
    2 points
  12. Can only assume you're going back to paint these bad boys?
    2 points
  13. think Iron Maiden got them beat combined Band age of 395 years but that involves having more members. I saw AC/DC about 6 years ago and they are geriatric still rocked but you kind of see the end coming. I will still go to shows to a degree but am starting to experience that "see them before they die" sensation. I mean Ice T is 64 years old now. I had my first legal beers at his concert in sydney in 1992. he would have been mid 30's then. Krs is 57 Chuck D is 62 flava flav is 63. George Clinton is 81 now that's a good innings to still be performing massive shows.
    2 points
  14. How many years in a row have you danced this dance?
    2 points
  15. https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/28/business/florida-kraft-velveeta-mac-and-cheese-lawsuit/index.html
    2 points
  16. 2 points
  17. Sometimes when I have a good stream, like breaking the seal on some beers, I'll start pissing and then start moving back from the bowl to see how far away I can get. Or I make an O with my thumb and finger and pee through the center. I piss while dropping monikers. I piss and walk at the same time. Partying like it's 2023.
    2 points
  18. Random poll. Do any of y’all dudes ever piss and raise one hand up in the air for no good reason at all, like me??
    2 points
  19. 2 points
  20. 2 points
  21. type-o negative live a few years ago was just depressing
    2 points
  22. I share the outrage. I smell mother fuckers all the time who don’t wipe right and smell like turd. Adults. For the longest time I smelled it and didn’t realize what it was and just figured they smelled weird (it’s just a hint of lingering dook smell). Then one day in an elevator it clicked and it will never unclick.
    2 points
  23. And by properly, he means end it with a swirl.
    2 points
  24. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkXm41ogFRC/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    2 points
  25. For absolutely no reason, I woke up with Yelawolf in my head.
    1 point
  26. I like to start with smooth Skippy and then top with some whole Virginia peanuts and eat open faced on toast.
    1 point
  27. You just gotta remix that shit every single time you pull it out man. The whole jar too. Not just the top your gonna use. The oil to peanut butter still gonna be all off.
    1 point
  28. Norm was a lot of my first. First writer I ever met(they opened a tattoo shop when they first mived to SF on my block, I had to have been 7 or 8 ) first to show me a black book, gave me my first marker. If it wasn't for Norm and the Nomads family I would have been stuck in the normy haze of hating graffiti. I didnt know it at the time, but his kindness and guidance changed my whole perception, began my appreciation and changed the cource of my life as a whole. I paid more attention to my city, learned the culture and studied the history, began collecting and documenting and making zines. Norm was a huge influemce to so many in both graffiti and tattooing. A huge loss. Rest in peace norm
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00