Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/21/2022 in all sections

1. 5 points
  2. Went yesterday to ER. Worth the four hours for a dr note excusing me from work until I see an ortho. i genuinely want relief. I can’t walk after lunch typically and am exasperating a previous injury (torn labrum in my opposite hip) by overcompensating. I make sure I repeat these facts. they even asked if I knew the time of the initial injury and I actually know a 30 min window where we can go back and look at cameras. good looks @fat ralphy I am saying “work related “ about every 50 words haha thank you @KILZ FILLZim notorious for that paper trail. And that def can’t be denied at work. But I would have overlooked things like ‘details of convo’ type stuff. I now have time to backfill some info. my supervisor has been greatly supportive and upset they didn’t give me the days off without having to go through all that. She’s glad I did. Kinda haha. They’re short staffed already next week but not my problem. @mr.yuckthey only Did another X-ray. Im sure they were sticking to bare minimum ANYTHING and i believe part of why it took so long yesterday was approval shit. An anti inflammatory, a muscle relaxer (not classed with Soma) and some topical lidocaine were the Rxs written I’ve been in bed all day and am able to walk fucking normal about my house still. By this time of night usually it’s too swollen to allow movement. I’m chillin for the next several days. thanks for all the notes and support y’all.
    4 points
  3. Literally what happened to me when I saw gorilla biscuits when I was 15. Got the shit kicked out of me. Got a shout out from the band tho lol
    4 points
  4. Yea, this civil lawsuit shit is kinda lame also, even if someone says provably wrong shit, it's just lame AF. I think there has to be provable damages, as in monetary loss, and provable intent, as in Kanye intentionally meant to harm George Floyd's family, or Alex Jones intended to hurt Sandy Hook parents maliciously. We've entered an era where journalists can be targeted, wiretapped, and held for extradition to the United States just for exposing war crimes. We've already slid way down a slippery slope and picking up speed. If you just say something provably false because you're kinda retarded, and prone to conspiracy theories, it's probably harmful on more than one level. That said, the alternative to allowing people to be wrong is much worse. It creates a perfect environment where anyone can be silenced. Exaggerate a little in a bad review? Amazon might sue you. Call Trump a piece of shit, technically he's only made up of 20% feces at most before his morning shit, so get ready to lose everything you own. Free speech is a fundamental human right.
    2 points
  5. This isn't what the first amendment is. Nowhere is the government stepping in and silencing any of these people. You have the right to run your mouth. The government won't stop you. If I physically come and stop you, I'll be arrested. But the arrest won't be for violating your free speech. It will be for assault. I can't be arrested for violating your freedom of speech because you and I don't have that agreement with each other. Freedom of speech is directly and interaction between people and the government and that's it.
    2 points
  6. 2 points
  7. @MercerHe works in an old folks home for people with memory losses. The place is a petri dish.
    2 points
  8. Public speaking is letting people see and hear what you want them to - the other shit is the hard stuff because you put yourself out on front street and are super vulnerable. My new relationship motto has been to be transparent and share my feelings. Being vulnerable is hella uncomfortable imo
    1 point
  9. How the fuck is it: I am a terrible communicator and bottle everything up and never let anyone know what’s going on… yet public speaking is one of my strengths. Like how the fuck is that dichotomy possible.
    1 point
  10. My fucking door is back swinging open unless I latch it. Everytime I hear the sound of it hitting where it hits I cringe so bad now. Haha. fm
    1 point
  11. Document document document. Even if it’s just sending an email to yourself describing what happened on what days (day of accident, date noticed supervisor and details of convo, first urgent care, visit with primary care, date received CA-1 form, date CA-1 returned to supervisor….etc)
    1 point
  12. But that's just it. In the future we will be sued for anything we say if it offends someone regardless how crude it may be the first ammendment and the fourth go hand in hand. I bet if Ye didn't have money and he said what he said on the block half would half would laugh, some would agree, and others disagree and everybody goes about there day. To me, basically I may disagree with what you say, but I'll fight for you to say it.
    1 point
  13. Do you feel like they are trying to be slick with you, like they think you are faking it? Go to the ER and tell them you have already had an x-ray. They might escalate to an MRI (10 racks). If you are in enough pain, they might give you some dope pain meds. If they ask you if you need to be wheeled down the hall way to the MRI, say yes, that'll be an extra $800 on their bill. If they are really being dick heads on the sly, make them pay for it.
    1 point
  14. Anytime somebody at work would fall and hurt themselves, they go immediately for a drug screening….oh wait, don’t you….ummmm….huh?
    1 point
  15. 1 point
  16. Keep your plugs and make your patchwork a breeze
    1 point
  17. dear girlfriend of six years, your mental health is in free fall. everything is coming undone and not asking for help is only going to accelerate it. what you're doing isn't working, and lashing out jeopardizes your future and ours. on most days i'm a caretaker. if we're gonna make it to the holidays a lot will have to get better, and fast. love but life is too short, EDD
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00