Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/17/2021 in all sections

1. logged back on and celebrating my one year badge
    5 points
  2. weirdley rabbit themed day. bunny lurking around the neighbourhood. traffic was bad as we were running late. hitting the freeway at 10 when usually it's 100 family lunch and cake then it was time for the bonfire of the old Almond trees that had been cut down a few months prior. Along with some other redneck stuff like and old couch and the inside of the caravan from the 1980's it promised to be good toxic fun. and we're away wasn't going too well so some diesel got added but nobody got burned inthe application. then the air was filled with squeals of pain and terror and a rabbit barreled out of the fire and off to the neighbour's property. We didn't think much more of it until it started again. There was a rabbit hole somewhere under the fire and the inhabitants were getting toasted. Burned bunny for the more metal oontzers a few moments after this pic later the dog took off after a half burned bunny that due to instinct ran straight back into the fire after seeing the dog. I jumped to grab the dog's collar to stop him chasing it into the fire and scratched my face on some barbed wire in the fence I was leaning on. karma getting me back for that photo. rabbit hole was so deep in the bonfire.
    4 points
  3. my daughter is laying in bed and throwing a tantrum because of some fucking silly reason. think it was because I made ghost sounds and scared her while she was a on the toilet. but it could be a myriad of other things.
    4 points
  4. 4 points
  5. Okey dokey y’all! So here is some step by step hardwood flooring installation shit. Progress was making me kinda mad, Home Depot’s rental tools are shit and even with all of my higher math functions firing off on all cylinders, @Schnitzel it’s big cry baby time. So without further ado; here’s where it all went wrong. The mission was to start the flooring on the far wall of the master bedroom and work it out the door, do the hallway and have the flooring perfectly terminate into the existing stair nosing. Step one was to use a 6 ft level as a straight edge and continue the line from the stair nose farther. Like this: Off of this line I pull a measurement to the back wall of the master bedrooms behind me. There is no picture for this. But anyway, I ended up with 2 points against the back wall that let me create a starting line to run the first row of flooring from. According to my calculations, By the time I worked the flooring all the way out, everything should have lined up perfectly. Instead I have a gap a pencil could fall into. Some one did some really shitty repairs in the hallway floor from downstairs at some point. The really fucked up the level of the floor. Check this shit out! this one plank sits about a 1/4 higher than it’s continuation beeeecause… ta-daaaaah!! The new floor joist they sistered in is some how a 1/4 inch higher than the old one! It took some serious muscle to fuck an entire floor out of wack like this. Here was my best solution. Death by a thousand cuts and then smash those little bits out of the way with a hammer. Then I patched the small opening back up. I’m all out of pictures. More to come tomorrow!
    3 points
  6. https://eminetra.com/worlds-first-battery-powered-freight-train-announced-in-pittsburgh-pennsylvania/744198/ any intention going into railroads is dope in my book
    2 points
  7. Floors came out nice and we started in on this ship lap wall which will eventually be our master bd with a built in head board on said wall. We are also keeping the kitchen lines active by installing a little gas fireplace and a bedside bubbler for lazy ass on hand water lol. Apparently a thing in some countries. I think it’s pretty baller and I’m looking forward to that part.
    2 points
  8. Anyone else watch tractor pull competitions here and there? It's kinda intense, but for no reason.
    2 points
  9. Smashed my hand taking this beast of a bumper off my truck.
    2 points
  10. bit more graff. Tikls is pretty much the dude up here I think took fam to the night markets at the beach was mobbed. white playing didj over drums Indigenous kids boogeying on the skyline.
    2 points
  11. yeah it would be! (i woulda called it a chuzwuzzler). there are feral animals by the million in the top end. Camels let loose by the explorers, wild horses, donkeys, foxes, dogs etc. shit is crazy. feral cats are the worst. They kill so much wildlife. and most aussie wildlife is small and nocturnal so you probably dont notice it's gone. you can snare/shoot rabbits but the bucketload if you have them.
    2 points
  12. This could be dangerous considering how silent one of these could be pulling into the yard. On the other hand, probably safer to hop a freight and go through a long tunnel since you won't be huffing diesel exhaust.
    2 points
  13. hardwood going in. Should have a couple room update tomorrow after I do some serious panic shoppin.
    2 points
  14. A very unplanned pie post. im just gonna post the pics I took today. things have changed. It’s not just weed pics anymore. It’s shit like this- letting our facilities crew know about a lil leak taking pics of door/ room inventory so I don’t have to keep walking back and forth screenshot of clocking out for lunch so I know when to clock in update on a tray of Menthol letting people know not to store our barrels upside down random ballon on the way home from work pine needles on the pavement
    2 points
  15. https://www.ft.com/content/ba0a3cde-719b-4040-93cb-a486e1f843fb Saw this reported yesterday that the Chinese pretty successfully tested a hypersonic weapon back in August. Seems not great.
    1 point
  16. It was kinda weird a second there during my off time. Felt like fuck it lol. Then all of a sudden today I just woke up ready. I reckon mf’s need more reset time even if you don’t know it. Or want it. It’s also kind of chill knowing that I played my game the way I planned to in the beginning of starting off on my own. Work work work, chill, pick up new jobs, and repeat. 2 weeks and the calls and emails were still rollin. Bless up.
    1 point
  17. Thats what I’m talking about. This whole past year has been so fucked up, every project manager I had been working for, they all quit at the same time and left me standing around holding my dick for months. I finally got back to work for real a few weeks ago
    1 point
  18. You, sir. Have a colorful past I’ve gathered lol. Another Sunday gone. Another work week begins. Haven’t done a damn thing actual work wise in 2 weeks. Time to hit the grind my dudes.
    1 point
  19. yeah that was in the outback last year luckily up in the tropics not so many flies mad cunts in a boat that small - there are estimated to be 10,000 salties in this river alone. we were on a big cruising type boat crocs they weren't super big but they were big enough talking 9-10 ft long. scray fuckers just appearing with barely a ripple. osprey i think all the ducks hang out on the waterholes with no crocs there were thousands. stopped at a pub for a beer/lunch best news paper in australia back on road to kakadu was only dirt for the next 15 seconds or so but looks outback. cockatoos in kakadu
    1 point
  20. Niggas rockin beekeeper hats for all them flies
    1 point
  21. Dope photo thread @SchnitzelReminds me of the good old days of Channel Zero.
    1 point
  22. took ourselves to Crocodylus park which is like a little zoo. The untold part is that it's attached to a crocodile farm. Leather and meat. . Was so hot and humid I was absolutely dying dingo Went down to the beach. looks beautiful but at end of dry season it's not advisable\ These are why it's not advisable - get a good sting from these you're fucking toast. at least you can see these there are tiny ones called Irukanji that are about 1 inch long. went to Darwin Museum. sweetheart the crocodile who used to hassle people fishing. They tried to relocate him but accidentally drowned him in the process. contemporary indigenous art Australian equivalent of totem pole Cyclone tracy happened 4 am Christmas day 1974 and essentially destroyed Darwin completely they ended up evacuating 38,000 people of the population of 48,000 bit of graff and dance
    1 point
  23. Rip bunny. I hardly see wild rabbits or skunks anymore. I think the coyotes killed them all off
    1 point
  24. I wonder if this is the basis of the Simpson's American bull frog joke? Does the Australian gov't let you guys snare or hunt them? We have similar problems with feral hogs here.
    1 point
  25. That's actually not that bad considering when Adam and Eve discovered intercourse, that pretty much left us with 7+ billion idiots.
    1 point
  26. Bunny in photo one was probably somebody's pet and has probably been neutered in the sales process. There were no wild rabbits here until a man called Thomas Austin released 13 rabbits into the wild in Victoria in 1859. This was probably the worst decision made in Australia's environmental history as we now have estimated 150,000,000 feral rabbits that breed faster and out eat our native animals.
    1 point
  27. he makes me disappointed to be a triple six mafia fan
    1 point
  28. is that the same neckbeard dude who likes icp just on a different account?
    1 point
  29. America stockpiled "hypersonic" weapons also known as ICBM's that could launch nukes so fast they "circled the globe" AKA into orbit, during the 1950's and 1960's. All ICBM's are hypersonic in nature as those speeds are needed to escape earths atmosphere, and gravity. Basically these guys are 70 years late to the party, but Financial Times is riding that CCP propoganda hype train.
    1 point
  30. China tested a nuclear-capable hypersonic missile in August that circled the globe before speeding towards its target, demonstrating an advanced space capability that caught US intelligence by surprise. Five people familiar with the test said the Chinese military launched a rocket that carried a hypersonic glide vehicle which flew through low-orbit space before cruising down towards its target The missile missed its target by about two-dozen miles, according to three people briefed on the intelligence. But two said the test showed that China had made astounding progress on hypersonic weapons and was far more advanced than US officials realised. The test has raised new questions about why the US often underestimated China’s military modernisation. “We have no idea how they did this,” said a fourth person. The US, Russia and China are all developing hypersonic weapons, including glide vehicles that are launched into space on a rocket but orbit the earth under their own momentum. They fly at five times the speed of sound, slower than a ballistic missile. But they do not follow the fixed parabolic trajectory of a ballistic missile and are manoeuvrable, making them harder to track. Taylor Fravel, an expert on Chinese nuclear weapons policy who was unaware of the test, said a hypersonic glide vehicle armed with a nuclear warhead could help China “negate” US missile defence systems which are designed to destroy incoming ballistic missiles. “Hypersonic glide vehicles . . . fly at lower trajectories and can manoeuvre in flight, which makes them hard to track and destroy,” said Fravel, a professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Fravel added that it would be “destabilising” if China fully developed and deployed such a weapon, but he cautioned that a test did not necessarily mean that Beijing would deploy the capability. Mounting concern about China’s nuclear capabilities comes as Beijing continues to build up its conventional military forces and engages in increasingly assertive military activity near Taiwan. Tensions between the US and China have risen as the Biden administration has taken a tough tack on Beijing, which has accused Washington of being overly hostile. US military officials in recent months have warned about China’s growing nuclear capabilities, particularly after the release of satellite imagery that showed it was building more than 200 intercontinental missile silos. China is not bound by any arms-control deals and has been unwilling to engage the US in talks about its nuclear arsenal and policy. “If you use that kind of an approach, you don’t have to use a traditional ICBM trajectory. It’s a way to avoid defences and missile warning systems,” said Kendall. In August, General Glen VanHerck, head of North American Aerospace Defense Command, told a conference that China had “recently demonstrated very advanced hypersonic glide vehicle capabilities”. He warned that the Chinese capability would “provide significant challenges to my Norad capability to provide threat warning and attack assessment”. Two of the people familiar with the Chinese test said the weapon could, in theory, fly over the South Pole. That would pose a big challenge for the US military because its missiles defence systems are focused on the northern polar route. The revelation comes as the Biden administration undertakes the Nuclear Posture Review, an analysis of policy and capabilities mandated by Congress that has pitted arms-control advocates against those who believe the US must do more to modernise its nuclear arsenal because of China. The Pentagon did not comment on the report but expressed concern about China. “We have made clear our concerns about the military capabilities China continues to pursue, capabilities that only increase tensions in the region and beyond,” said John Kirby, spokesperson. “That is one reason why we hold China as our number one pacing challenge.” The Chinese embassy declined to comment on the test, but Liu Pengyu, spokesperson, said China always pursued a military policy that was “defensive in nature” and its military development did not target any country. “We don’t have a global strategy and plans of military operations like the US does. And we are not at all interested in having an arms race with other countries,” Liu said. “In contrast, the US has in recent years been fabricating excuses like ‘the China threat’ to justify its arms expansion and development of hypersonic weapons. This has directly intensified arms race in this category and severely undermined global strategic stability.” One Asian national security official said the Chinese military conducted the test in August. China generally announces the launch of Long March rockets — the type used to launch the hypersonic glide vehicle into orbit — but it conspicuously concealed the August launch. The security official, and another Chinese security expert close to the People’s Liberation Army, said the weapon was being developed by the China Academy of Aerospace Aerodynamics. CAAA is a research institute under China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation, the main state-owned firm that makes missile systems and rockets for China’s space programme. Both sources said the hypersonic glide vehicle was launched on a Long March rocket, which is used for the space programme. The China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology, which oversees launches, on July 19 said on an official social media account that it had launched a Long March 2C rocket, which it added was the 77th launch of that rocket. On August 24, it announced that it had conducted a 79th flight. But there was no announcement of a 78th launch, which sparked speculation among observers of its space programme about a secret launch. CAAA did not respond to requests for comment. Sorry about the formatting. FT not very happy with me about the copy + paste.
    1 point
  31. Yeah I’ll hit you with a step by step on this flooring installation. I’m gonna find out if this shit plays out the way I hope a little later today. It’s gonna be big cry baby time if it doesn’t!
    1 point
  32. you gonna start bumping the trap house thread with those step by steps?
    1 point
  33. Seen the new Mud Mark dripmop from Infamy Art? It’s a “clay based” ink. Think they’re just dissolving FIMO/Sculpey in a dye ink like Mefians or OTR Flowpen Ink? Or maybe using “liquid clay”? In any case, I wonder if the “clay” adds any UV resistance…
    1 point
  34. But you were a Mexican dude in that other thread…
    1 point
  35. that looks like an elite shitpost account.
    1 point
  36. Just wrapped up installing some hardwood. Bout to start making fajitas!
    1 point
  37. Despite my doubts anyone can come… Here’s details of my free yearly art show. https://m.facebook.com/events/2663629177278618/?ref=newsfeed
    1 point
  38. fuck off dyskyse Just some shitty doodles from when I was listening to webinars, in long meetings or on hold waiting for some phone jockey to answer.
    1 point
  39. I live right behind stupid dodger stadium. I went to bed having to listen to the stupid ass fireworks last night. That fucking 9th inning... I was livid!
    1 point
  40. I’m laying in bed throwing a tantrum bc the fucking giants lost to the dodgers 😭😭😭🖕🏽
    1 point
  41. Few moar! Framing is as big a part of my stuff these days as the actual piece! g’mork
    1 point
  42. The Insane Clown Posse gargles balls.
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00