Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 05/24/2021 in all sections

1. Most sense I’ve gotten out of this thread thus far. And since I’m here on the topic. Piggy backing off @Deine Mudderis my move. There is SO MUCH babble on here I just straight up choose to ignore. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, but one of the main source reasons I personally fall out of interest is how fucking annoyingly political and sensitive over feely the vibe has gotten. It’s fuckin outta control. Clearly we all got super wild old and most of y’all smart peoples mindset has either gone in one direction or the other on the politics of life. Cool. Never was here for any of that hype and I’m still not. I originally came around via graffiti which we all did (well MOST of us) and I associate that shit with hip hop, hood culture, underground gutter shit and creativity . Makes no god damned sense the direction the vibes gone on here. And If I’m being totally honest, ever since I started poking around again it feels like everyday I’m waiting for the curtains to slide over and a whole gang of closet kkk members just jump out and start buggin. Sounds extremely ridiculous but it’s the vibe. And I still don’t give af cause I’m cool with all y’all regardless of what side of the fence you hang on. I can post pictures again and that’s what I’ll do but I try not to bother with the rest of the kind of chatter that always seems to become a problem.
    4 points
  2. Here's a link to the forum for a podcast I've been listening to for like 15 years. I've dropped links to episodes, as well as kicked off threads inspired by ideas and episodes from this podcast. It is, without question, the most liberty minded thinking and discussion I've ever come across. It had a role in inspiring my move to NW Montana. Literally, walked away from an agency doing work for some of the coolest and most successful brands on the planet to carve out my corner in the mountains and focus on me and mine. http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/welcome-center/getting-along-in-the-forums https://forums.thesurvivalpodcast.com//index.php?topic=625.0
    3 points
  3. I'll give my 2 cents- I kind of like the idea of structure. As much as it might bother me to some extent and others a little more, I don't want the politics section to exist anymore. Politics ruins everything from relationships to friendships to comedy and so on. Don't overdo it with rules, but don't underdo it, either. To all of you, excluding Raven; This is Raven's baby. He's watched this shit grow from a damn catalog to a magazine to a forum that we call home. You've got projects and things that you love as much as he loves this place. Let's show him some respect and try to make it work. He gave us this place for free.
    3 points
  4. I'll follow Raven into hell if need be. This forum is home no matter what.
    3 points
  5. Dont come in here for advice bruh but I know you already know this teh interwebz. I know some young healthy folks that got the shit and ended up mildly fucked up. Respiratory issues, vision, inflammation shit like that....other dudes who got it and swear their dick got bigger on some Covid 19 aint shit b! Honestly this whole virus seems like one of the most divisive things I can recall in recent history.
    3 points
  6. First things first: Do all of your shimming off camera. Its boring. Next step is to install your top jamb piece. Like so Next you need to cut and measure your side jamb pieces. If you cut them a hair long they will lock in the top and bottom pieces tight. Careful when cutting through knots. They will come loose and fall out. Side note: This is why I hate Home Depot and Lowes. Here is a side by side comparison of clear pine from a lumber yard and what ever lowes has to offer on the right. The inferior corporate conglomerate wood was more expensive. I could have bought clear pine from Lowes but it was $10 a linear foot. If you dont know about pine prices... thats fucking outrageous. Anywho. Luckily that little knot didnt go all the way through the board and I was able to hide the chunk out on the back side. Those side jambs above are pretty tight. The one on the right top could be a little better but "caulk and paint will make you the carpenter you aint!" -some dick head painter on the job when caulk was invented Step next: Measure from the outside of your left jamb to the outside of your right jamb since both sides of my jambs are 3/4" thick and I want 1/4" reveal on both sides I subtract 1 inch from the total measurement. This number is the 2 short points on the trim. In order to find the long points you need to know how wide your trim is. Mines is 3 1/2". Oddly enough you just multiply the width of your trim by 2 (7" for me) and add that to your overall length. I make marks on my jamb for my 1/4" reveal It helps me line up my first piece. When I put that first piece up i only shoot one nail in the middle that way you can adjust the left or right up and down a hair if need be when installing your side legs. measure cut install your side legs and try not to nail at an angle to keep your nails from hooking out the face of your jamb. next up is the skirt trim. This ones easy. Pull your tape from the outside of your legs to get your measurement. Stand your trim upright. Cut the ends at 45° angles. The face of your trim should be longer than the back. The long points will be your measurement you took. Install. When cutting your returns its easy to get screwed up if youre just going at it. So an easy trick to remember is if you are cutting a return for the right side of your window trim, you cut from the right side of your trim and turn your saw to the left (45°) And thats a window
    2 points
  7. Curious to understand why you think not getting vaccinated is selfish? Everyone is entitled to take it if they wish, at zero financial cost. If it works as they state, you have zero to worry about as you're vaccinated and safe. If someone else takes a pass, that's their own decision and shouldn't affect those that have been vaccinated. If that is incorrect and somehow not being vaccinated still puts those that have been vaccinated at risk of catching it, then the vaccine is a moot point.
    2 points
  8. I think this is a very cool thing you're doing in the toys post here thread. Credit where it's due
    2 points
  9. “Must Remain in State” - haha for a minute I was thinking effective everywhere but solid win for Tx. You guys get all the good firearms related shit @Dirty_habiT - Nevada has some pretty relaxed regulations too. Meanwhile my rifle is double locked, restricted to 10 rounds and the city I grew up in requires ID log for ammo purchase. My buddy just bought 77 acres - hoping to do some shooting soon.
    2 points
  10. But do you even still write graffiti rap and dance letters??
    2 points
  11. What's up homies. I was going through withdrawal because i quit all my opioids I'm back @Kults @misteraven
    2 points
  12. In case anyone was wondering, here’s what clear anodized freedom looks like.
    2 points
  13. Appreciate it, but this isnt about me. End of the day, yeah I built the ballpark, but the games are only worth playing because you guys came out. Forum is awesome because you make it that way. The burden of that, as well as the reward, is on all of you guys. I'm just facilitating it by providing a platform.
    1 point
  14. Young enough to care but old enough to know better, people are saying what they think the right thing is. I like succinct ideas and if someone has to type a novel they're likely blowing smoke and this aint a beehive. This shit is like trying to make honey with mosquitos. If this site tries to be like social media or reddit its a huge loss, all those guidelines really do is empower people to control the narrative. IMO the people that want to censor political views on here are looking at this as a binary, there has been good momentum to keep channel zero like a dinner table where we dont talk about certain things but at the end of the day everything is political. A few dudes that wish they had clout on reddit or wherever but dont so they are trying to play down here in the minor leagues and others that are so out of touch their opinions on any street shit are irrelevant but would be great to ask for a limoncello recipe. Things can be seen as ternary and even tho I might not like some of yous I still see the value you add to the community.
    1 point
  15. I really wish I would have hopped out and gotten a closer shot of this badassery.
    1 point
  16. it fucking sucked...i didnt sleep for 3 nights cuz the pain was so bad
    1 point
  17. up to 1.22 and 277....4 days 9 hours
    1 point
  18. That’s what’s up! I feel like it’s a sleepy market atm that could easily get woke. Especially on some American fusion(you’re from the states I think lol). Not sure which ones you’re thinking about specifically but all that rumble in the Bronx and even rush hour shit would be dope today. Surely you’re talking more authentico pre America stardom. Anyhow I’ve been wild out of touch for a long time. Was film studies in college light years ago and then later got into screenwriting classes and then silence but I’m back on the train. You always start out with story boarding or just jotting loose nothings down and then compiling till you get something that makes sense before actually scripting shit down or do you just go straight in??
    1 point
  19. that'd be partly a biopic of Raven LMAO I think raven said that 12oz was already an idea while he was still an active writer there's also the brand consultation and def the streetwear history that I'd be seriously into helping
    1 point
  20. 1 point
  21. and the discussions we have aren't bad, i think i get heated af on here sometimes but its never from anything that really offends me. i don't get offended that easily. i mean there is some shit where i get mad, but thats different i sound sluggish right now cuz this is my first week truly sober LMAOOO I had one huge discussion about communism and that turned out pretty good. I really don't mind more mods or any slight changes.
    1 point
  22. Am curious what @mortonopinion is. Always mellow and level headed. Feel like his point of view would be a productive one.
    1 point
  23. 1 point
  24. Certainly a solid precedent. Hopefully other states follow, which is usually how this stuff happens. Whether guns or weed, I think it’s a good thing that states are reasserting their power and autonomy over that of central government. Hopefully it’s a trend that continues.
    1 point
  25. This fool said curtain pulls back and there’s clan fools haha.....gold. @NightmareOnElmStreetrolling bro, hella good.
    1 point
  26. Here's a little step by step on the sill construction. Step 1: Get your inside measurement Pro tip: Dont forget to take your pictures upside down for maximum confusion Step 2: add 8 inches to inside measurement to get overall length and cut your stair tread down to length Why add 8 inches and how do you know you need to add 8 inches? There is a little bit of simple fraction math involved but it basically deals with the width of my window trim which is 3 1/2" and my jamb material which is 3/4" leaving a reveal of 1/4" where the jamb and trim meet. There will be 4" on each side of the sill that the window trim will sit on. Step 3: mark out your 4" from the outside edge of the tread. Pull another measurement from the rounded tip back 1 3/4". Step 4: Nothing in this house is even so there were some other fractional cuts I had to make. I wont bore anyone with the details. Also I have no way to describe what I did. Anywho, cut your 4" pieces out and dry fit your sill in place. Step 5: Damn thats a nice fit homie. Check it out from this angle. If you were running the land lord special, this mofo would be done. But you arent gonna get top dollar for the land lord special. You are going to want to cut your sill legs back at a 45° angle along that dotted line I drew for you. Once you have your sill cut back... STEP 7... Measure from the wall to the tip.of your sill and cut you a little triangle piece of sill at 45° STEP8: Flip the little triangle piece around 12 different ways until it fits right and you have a nice rounded window sill all the way around And that's it. I ran out of material and had to go to the store. I will pick this back up tomorrow.
    1 point
  27. Chicken and waffles will always be a hard pass for me. Gimmie a fuckin omelet son. Foh with that weird ass brefast, b.
    1 point
  28. MRW @lord_casekstarts breaking off scientific shit....
    1 point
  29. Gon have to be Wendy’s currently. People slept on it and it’s over now but BK had the best ducking chicken sandwich ever a while back. Idfk why they went and changed it to whatever wannabe Popeyes joint it is now. There was a window of pure gold for a hot minute though. Popeyes was too gnarly of a piece imo and everything else is just bootleg that. Wendy’s is the only place with regular ass good ol solid chicken. Chik fil a is pretty good but low key only awesome for breakfast.
    1 point
  30. I’m not that big a fan of canes- very bland to me. Zaxbys has better strips. All of these places have good in house sauce for sure. The sandwich game goes to Popeyes in my opinion-seasoned well, big piece of chicken-it’s top notch. Chick fil a is better on the health tip, but IMO its super overrated. And honestly, if you live in a sizable metro area in the states, there are probably many fried chicken/fish joints that’ll blow all these chains out of the water. Should’ve done a top home town pizza place lol feelings would get hurt
    1 point
  31. ^^ Filmed in my state and in the western part of my city.
    1 point
  32. Late post. From last weekend.
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00