Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 05/21/2021 in all sections

1. I feel somewhat like this. Here it's a little different, though. We knew each other before politics became so divisive and we were all cool with each other. There isn't any reason to divide ourselves over what is happening everywhere else.
    5 points
  2. Putting this in Channel Zero to get as many eyes on it as possible. For the few people that don't swing through CH0 regularly, please shoot them a link or @ them in the comments. So this has been discussed off and on for ages... Community Guidelines / Debate Framework. Back in the days we had rules and they were mostly effective, especially as we attracted new users. Most complex systems need structure and I really do believe that the experience here on 12oz would improve for most of us, if we had some basic structure to it. I believe we've managed to get this far without it, mainly because most of you guys have been here for ages and have a pretty good idea as to whats acceptable and what isn't, but we've also seen a lot of drama and even a few OG members drop off. Seeing the state of the world right now, I'm not surprised by how contentious conversations can get, especially when you also see how contentious graffiti can be to begin with. SO to that end, I have some requests and some proposals that I hope will see this project through and will put into place a framework to help make dialogue and discussions more interesting and successful, which in turn will help pave the way for some next steps I'd like to circle back to as far as promoting the brand, promoting the forum and capitalizing on the fact that every day that goes by, shit like Instagram becomes less interesting and less relevant. For starters, I'd like to put together a diverse panel. This panel will be 5 people, with myself being the tie breaker. The other four panel members, ideally, will be composed of members with a balance in political and social outlook. In other words, I don't want a bunch of people that skew all conservative or all liberal. Ultimately, I believe the reference on how we approach the framework and rules themselves will be based off concepts like Natural Law / Rights. I think half, if not the majority of the panel should be community members rather than moderators. The entire purpose of moderators is to moderate, not to dictate and its a better reflection of the forum makeup. I, myself, will have the right to veto. Likewise, if for whatever reason things aren't coming together, I'll just pull it together on my own. I'll say up front, that I don't want to approach this heavy handed and this is a genuine effort to have you guys help me engineer this, but 12oz is still private property that I've been bank rolling solo from day one. So I have an incentive to have it go off the rails or move in a direction that I don't have faith in. I hugely encourage all of you to participate. You guys have devoted countless hours to this community, therefore its in your best interest to participate in this. Unlike traditional government election and legislation, you can actually have an impact on molding the future of our space here. Once we have our panel, which will be a combination of you guys making suggestions (popular opinion) and me filtering and selecting candidates based upon what I feel will lead to the best possible, balanced and productive solution, we'll move on to drafting a framework with input from the community. The panel will be responsible for drafting this as well as engaging with the community to refine and evolve the framework until we reach a standard we can implement. I'd like to think that everyone will be down to contribute since this is a new topic to explore and have fun with, as well as how this can ultimately make the forum much more enjoyable to engage in, but I'll also compensate the panel by kicking over $100 credit on the shop to be used now or when I finally get the next batch of tees out. I might even have some extra sold out release tees I can pull out of archive in case you missed it. Further, for non-panel members that really step up and go above and beyond, I'll kick over free packages as a thank you. I'd very much like to see @Mercer as the first panel member as I know and trust him in real life, largely see the logic in his thinking and because I believe him to be well qualified in his knowledge of natural law / rights. Hopefully you'll accept. Either way, lets see everyone's suggestion for a balanced panel of 3 - 4 people. (Yes, you can nominate yourself). Hopefully this will be productive and fun...
    4 points
  3. This place has real potential and I have been drawn back more in the last year....maybe something good to come out of this pandemic. I enjoy the forum. I would like to see it become a mini version of Reddit, more focused to our culture.
    4 points
  4. Are we nominating non mods? This is tough. I enjoy everyone around heres special brand of horseshit. @abrasivesaint @Mercer @Dark_Knight @wherebut only if @One Man Bannedis along for the ride. Also Id be remiss to not nominate myself. @mr.yuck
    4 points
  5. Solid idea all around - those of us that spend time here would like to see the forum kept up as far as decorum and that will definitely take influence of the OG’s who have been vetted. Willing to help in anyway. I echo the nomination of@Mercer and @KILZ FILLZ , additionally I feel@Dirty_habiTis reasonable choice and has been here long enough to understand the group consciousness Ultimately I fall into the “it’s the internet” camp and therefore do my best not to take things personally. I have always felt 12oz is a place that we can express ourselves with impunity providing we are being reasonable/adult. There are not many places where this level of expression exists and I think it is important we protect it.
    4 points
  6. I mean really i think most if not all people around here these days could be good nominations. I feel a little biased because I've been staying mostly around the News section as of late, haha.
    3 points
  7. Also @lord_casek is a member I think has been super consistent and long term - may not be here as often as we all were years back. But a notable OG and smart dude...
    3 points
  8. Gersh Kuntzman. More like Girth Cuntman, amirite.
    3 points
  9. People without kids complaining about the habits of people with kids and families gives me life.
    3 points
  10. I think that’s a solid list of folks with diverse opinions. I think @Kultsand @KILZ FILLZshould also be thrown in the hat of names as i feel they generally try to keep things on an even keel when someone like myself may tend to let emotions get the best of me. I was going to mention @Jokeras well, and if @Fist 666is still poking around i think he could have some contributions too. Thanks for the nomination, i’m honored and have to admit some feelings of modesty. I do my best to keep an open mind and to remain civil these days. It’s easy to get wrapped up in the emotions and fly off the handle, and it’s important to try to check yourself, on the forum or in life in general. Admitting faults, or changing an opinion is not a weakness. In fact, i would argue it takes strength to do that, especially if the audience you’re speaking to is going to throw a “Ha! Told ya!” in your direction as a result. Humility is good for us at times. I think the nature of what brought us all to this forum initially is proof in itself that we all have bit of an ego, whether it’s genuine or a mask of our insecurities, and that we may not shy from certain aspects of life, like confrontation. Being on the internet makes it that much easier to just fire off silly comments and insults and walk away. I’m guilty of it for sure. I recently said some silly shit and went back and deleted the comment a few minutes later because i realized it was a pointless thing to say. It made me feel good in the moment to hurl an insult, but once it settled in my head, it seemed foolish and unproductive to the conversation. I was suspended for hurling insults at one point, and I stayed away for longer than my suspension, because i knew i still had nothing nice to say, and i try to respect that @misteravenis striving for things, and people, to be better here on the forum, and in life. I think it’s fair that we all should strive for the same respect for the forum, and others. Naturally we’re all human and can fly off the rails, but we can also reel it back in, if we choose to.
    3 points
  11. Humans are flawed. The human condition is flawed. Few things are perfect, especially things developed and sustained by humans. Capitalism has some issues, but so far it comes closest to perfect compared to the others, if the goal is personal independence and freedom. The price you pay for that freedom and independence is personal responsibility and accountability. You have to step up. Interesting part is that a lot of people really just want to be taken care of and will forfeit freedom and independence for handouts. Easier to claw out an existence with handouts and complain all day then step up and blaze your own trail. We’re being conditioned for that reality. Covid was an awesome case study for it. https://www.firstcoastnews.com/amp/article/money/will-florida-end-additional-unemployment-benefits/77-190c01c7-a289-4b73-b901-a6c6c84e69df
    3 points
  12. Depends on the type of jobs you all have I reckon. I have skipped work all of maybe 3 times in 7 years now a extra kid later. I say who the fuck cares if a mf calls out of work unless maybe you’re a detective and have a partner you work directly with everyday and depend on. I’ve always been the kind of person who could give a flying fuck about a job but also shows up. I just don’t care what anyone else does.
    3 points
  13. 12oz is and always will be leaps and bounds better than reddit's multiple graffiti subreddits.
    2 points
  14. At least when you advertise some hardass ready to die it’s more accurate. I want people who are striving to kill protecting this country. Not the latter.
    2 points
  15. I'd like to throw my vote toward @fat ralphy @abrasivesaint @Dark_Knight @Hua Guofang and @where
    2 points
  16. @misteraven that Russian dude is stacked. Agree. We need the hardass mindset to come back to this country. Bullying is important.
    2 points
  17. 2 points
  18. Not sure if this is the right thread or not, but seemed redundant to start yet another thread complaining about the state of the country so I’ll drop this gem right here…
    2 points
  19. @misteraven @abrasivesaint I do appreciate throwing my name into the hat but life- mostly work - is too hectic for me to spend as much time in here as I'd like to. I can certainly keep my eyes open for shenanigans but I cannot be a regular, unfortunately. At least not for any solid length of time at the moment. Hopefully once the world get's its shit together and brands want to get back to spending money on retail experiences I can hire some designers to help me and in turn give myself a break. I'll continue to do my best to keep the Toys Post Here thread alive with good content, and keep the posts civil.
    2 points
  20. *By the way, I hope its obvious to everyone reading that I'm not looking for an echo chamber... Rather I've made selections based upon as diverse a perspective as I can think up, with the consistent characteristic being people that have paid dues on the forum and obviously care about what it represents... past, present and future (even if we sometimes differ on the path to getting there). I'll give this a couple days to sit and gain traction. Again my picks so far are @Mercer @Dirty_habiT @abrasivesaint and @Hua Guofang. As backup, I'd suggest someone who's always shown a moderate / centrist perspective like @Jokeror @diggity.
    2 points
  21. Going to nominate @Hua Guofangas well. Appreciate those of you that have jumped in here so far. Again, this will be a group effort as a whole. Purpose of the panel is to help assemble the ideas and perhaps steer the conversation a bit, but at the end of the day, this isnt about me or you guys individually, admins / mods versus members, etc... This is about all of us attempting to improve the flow of conversation and community by establishing a framework that fosters the nuance and culture of our specific community. Shit is long past due and any complex system will typically have a framework. Its obvious we need one and I think it'll be more obvious as we evolve past our group of mostly OG's on here and start to build visibility among strangers and new members.
    2 points
  22. I’d be willing to help in any way. If not that’s cool too. Definitely want to see the forum grow again. Maybe get active writers back on here and off Instagram even. Just holla if you need me.
    2 points
  23. When I go to pick up material from one of my suppliers, this is what I get...
    2 points
  24. I'd nominate @where. And thank you for your consideration, it is appreciated. I'd also second @abrasivesaint because I agree he'd make a good board member.
    2 points
  25. Agreed. I worked with one guy who would take several smoke breaks an hour, sometimes for 20 minutes, and when I made a joke to him about it in a large group lunch (though I was being somewhat serious) he got super-defensive and claimed he was working from his phone. Right... you're using Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign from your phone, got it. And then several others in the group jumped on the pile and gave him shit about his defense. It eventually turned into a "non-smokers are crybabies" argument, at which point he lost all credibility.
    2 points
  26. Lol, amazing to me that people still smoke the analogues. They stink like hell and I can't believe I was ever a smoker. 100% agree. They have to take a 15m break every hour. If they get paid the same as me, it effectively means they're making 25% more than me or I'm doing 25% more work than they are for the same pay. I would definitely not hire anyone that smells like cigarettes in an interview for this reason along. Not to mention their nic fit volatility.
    2 points
  27. I honestly dont understand how anyone in the US can see the history of the Mexico/US border and think a wall is going to do anything. Especially on a forum based around graffiti writers who get to the other side of walls and fences for shits and giggles.. now imagine being desperate. Furthermore, Chapo has been digging tunnels around Mexico for decades. A fucking prison couldn't keep him behind their walls you think a shitty un-patrolled border wall is gonna fo the trick? Seems like a waste of time and a lot of money.
    2 points
  28. Yup normally 3 per order and they're actually super fire.. never been a big fan of shrimp like that but these are super dope especially with that aguachile avocado sauce or whatever the fuck the green shit is.. I forget so pardon my stupidity.. but yeah these are mainly for parties and buyouts they're not normally on the menu.. kind of feel like they should be tho cause they're pretty bomb but meh I just run the food I don't cook it I don't really got a say so as to what goes on the menu or not.. 🤷🏽‍♂️
    1 point
  29. Yeah Texas gun culture is different than everywhere else. Always the weak who have them on them at all times up here. At least in my experience.
    1 point
  30. In Chicago guns are definitely NOT peace keepers but more so escalate the situation to a point it doesn't need to be.. BUT, I did have a kid I went to elementary school with that decided he was a "gangster disciple from the suburbs" all throughout high school and threatened to "air out my crib with one phone call" and yeah needless to say it never happened.. seen him at a liquor store, jumped out and was trying to pull him out of the car and he left with 3 of his homies still in the store.. just left them there.. also shot ONE shot at my friend's house who proceeded to chase him and acted like they were tough as nails because of one bullet but then ran screaming call the police when we caught up with them a week later.. I'd say it's more of a demographic kind of thing like in Texas yeah everyone has a fuckin Yosemite Sam in their pocket I doubt situations would escalate the way they do out here.. burbanites ain't about it but out in the hood it's more of a "you got one, I got one too let's see who lives today" kind of scenario.. no bueno papa, no bueno...
    1 point
  31. If someone threatens me with a gun or says they’ll shoot me, I automatically thing they’re a pussy who can’t take care of themselves. It’s happened before a few times so it isn’t hypothetical. Guns are for the weak. If you’re not at war leave your gun at home and throw fists like a man.
    1 point
  32. as long as they aren’t being re routed thru the clinton foundations’ haiti humanitarian branch poof
    1 point
  33. - “Where are the children going? We want transparency!” - “They’re going to their families and this old dorm group home that you have the address of until we figure things out.” - ”where are the children going!? We want transparency!” - “we just told you..” - “TRANSPARENCY NOW!”
    1 point
  34. fuck I wish I could go on a long train ride somewhere in Europe.
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00