Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 02/18/2021 in all sections

1. Joel Osteen told me to keep praying for yall
    5 points
  2. I had one apartment on a 3rd floor that by law had to have a fire escape/exit. We were told it was this trap door in the floor near our kitchen, that it went to a staircase to the 1st floor in event of emergency. When we finally decided to inspect it, it was a decrepit staircase down to a door to the 2nd floor that was blocked on the other side by a bookshelf. I had made the mistake of living with a friend who turned out to maybe be an ok friend, but a horrible roommate. We used the fire exit as an excuse to break leaase and go our own ways, left the keys in the landlord's mailbox with a note about the illegal exit.
    4 points
  3. Yoooo! I’m still lurking Spent most of January overlanding and exploring the South West coast of Aus then spent most of February catching up in what id missed at work hahaha
    4 points
  4. My last land lord was mr fixit. Mister skirt the law. Mr hire some junkies off craigslist. I gave him a bunch of pain killers once and he took it off the rent. There was a time he hired some primo crack smokers to cut some tree branches from a big ass tree out front. Three of them showed up. Two little guys and one big fat guy. So they sent the 300lb dude up the later while the 2 little guys held the bottom. The fat guy fell off the top of the ladder and blasted his head open on the side walk. There was blood staining the sidewalk for a while after that. The landlord came over complaining about how the tree guys were suing him and some one else was suing him for lead poisoning their kid and the people that lived in the converted garage on our property was suing him because the ac unit fell out of the window, hit the roof below it and made part of the ceiling cave in on grandma. Lol. I cant believe I lived there for 7 years. I have more all from this place. I'll post later.
    3 points
  5. the level of "do what" in those 3 is off the charts
    3 points
  6. Wish I had some pics used to live in apt that had these outlet blank offs in random spots on the walls. Not around ground level where an outlet would be, but like midway up a random wall, or like 18’ below the ceiling. Never opened one up to see what the deal was. Just figured they used them to cover up holes in the walls where they were fishing wires through or something. edit- almost forgot! Same place had a random small ass skylight in a very odd spot between the living room and kitchen. Pop corn ceiling to the left and right of it scraped away in a straight line. Figured there was a roof leak that instead of correcting they just bored out and installed this small odd skylight and then scraped away the popcorn on the ceiling to hide the water damage. Skylight was about a 10’ circle.
    3 points
  7. Here we uave the whole crew at H&R Block trying to figure out how to charge me $35 to print out my taxes from 2017.
    3 points
  8. Sounds like Ted Cruz doesn’t give a fuck about Texans lol
    3 points
  9. Not on a TX or CA level, but parts of the Northeast lose power every year from storms, just not as big or widespread so maybe not as noteable. Sucks to be without power or water but like hearing about some of the things you're doing to make things work, been there before. Generating your own power= awesome but I think there's still some lame rule (FEMA related?) that you still have to be connected to the overall grid even if you don't use it. Stay safe, stay warm TX people.
    3 points
  10. Just seeing this thread now, but any other northeast homies out here?? Taken a few months ago in VT, had a lovely camp along the long trail.
    3 points
  11. I had a friend who was an electrician who would do rehab and renovation jobs on apartments. He showed me photos of a job where all the units had orange extension cords coming out of holes in the walls.
    2 points
  12. Ridge on the horizon is mexico 🇲🇽
    2 points
  13. Every position in government requires you to put the people you represent before your family. He could have sent his family there. He didn’t have to go with them. His duty was to stay with his people.
    2 points
  14. Me and the homie once had a landlord try and take the majority of our rental deposit by claiming that a company had to do repairs after we left. Repairs that were issues when we moved in. All you had to do was google the company and a blank invoice came up. The homie took them to small claims court - I wasn’t willing to go through the hassle and told him he could keep the bread he got back. This was over 10 years ago - 2 bedroom in SF was $1666
    2 points
  15. 2 points
  16. The moral of this story- fuck yurts.
    2 points
  17. What an ugly trifecta those three broads are
    2 points
  18. Lol that's fucked but kinda funny.. those call center bitches don't give a fuck about anything really.. that's when I would've just went on full treat mode tho lol Fuck att tho I just had a technician come and check our connection.. my girl has been paying $70 a month for "basic 10" (10mbps) and this dude had the audacity to say "yeah since you only have 10 I wouldn't have more than 2 things connected I wouldn't even have your phones connected just use your mobile data" soooo... You're telling me we pay 70 bucks a month and I can't even use my fuckin wifi on my phone...? Yeah go fuck yourselves.. calling Xfinity first thing in the am..
    2 points
  19. Bro the hierarchical structure is God Family Job No one in Texas is trippin about his choices.
    2 points
  20. Sounds like he’s in the wrong profession and needs a job where his family comes first. but yeah too close to crossfire for channel zero
    2 points
  21. anyway i'm dangerously close to politics for crossfire/news etc
    2 points
  22. Texas. The energy capital of the world. Also Texas. We have no power.
    2 points
  23. Sorry for the delay - power outages meant conserving battery life. I tried to keep my two sketches as close to your original drawing as possible, but I definitely took some liberties with a few things and drew them how I felt they might work better... in the hopes it would help you with future outlines. The first thing I noticed is that your T looks like a J. I assume you looped the descender of the T back toward the S to fill in the empty space, which worked, but you created a J... no way around it. In my two sketches I gave you some options for how to fill that dead space left by the T. The second thing I noticed is the flow from the R to the I. My mind immediately went to the example I've shown in both of my sketches as a way to bring those two letters together for better flow. The way you have the R and I can work but it takes some finessing. You'd need to bring the descender of the R down further, then kick it back and up toward the base line of the I. You'd then need to add some length to one or two of your other letters so the descender of the R isn't lonely way down there. As for other technical bits... I added some bits and doo-dads here and there as a way to fill dead space and add some overall style. This can be done by adding the bit at the end of a letter - like the little one on the T in the top sketch, or by adding extensions - like the extension on the bottom right of the S in the top sketch. Finally, the plaque to the right of your sketch can be many things, but I still like the old-school scrolls for adding a phrase or shot-out. Let me know if this helped.
    2 points
  24. Welp, now that the power is back on.... the water is off. They issued a "boil water" notice to us yesterday, they've done this before for other reasons. This time it's because the water pressure in the system isn't enough to guarantee clean water. I am now looking back and thinking how fortunate and thankful I am to have been able to make ~20g of drinking water before this notice was issued. I can almost guarantee that drinking water was sold out everywhere but because I have water filtration needed to make RO/DI water for the fish tanks, I was able to disconnect the DI portion (you don't want to drink that) and make RO water, which is "standard filtered water." Given that no faucets work right now, our toilets won't be able flush, but that is ok too because I have 20g buckets that I have shoveled snow into this morning and are melting inside now. I will pour a smaller bucket of "snow water" down the porcelain king when the time is needed to make it flush. Right when the power came on yesterday I stopped burning gasoline in the generator and firewood in the fireplace. I think we will experience more power outages still.
    2 points
  25. My brother recently wrote a bot that is currently able to make profit. Not a huge amount but it's also not tiddlywinks and he's still perfecting it.
    2 points
  26. When you check them profits indoors during a bull run.
    2 points
  27. Basically locks you into a long term hodl, 7% apr is an unbelievably good return, better than most other proof of stake cryptocurrencies. For someone who holds a lot of ETH this means you can just live off from the 7% returns and never need to cash out. Wouldn't recommend it for smaller balances, lower net worth investors because that may be needed as emergency funds going forward and will be inaccessible.
    2 points
  28. One day after highschool I was fucking around in my car on a side street trying to duck this one annoying kid. I was with my ace at the time and I threw the car into reverse and started creeping backward so wouldnt see us. I didnt even fucking look and crashed into the ladies bmw behind me. The homie jumps out of the car and starta yelling about his neck like it was her fault. I jump out of the car and hes talking about suing me. I geg even louder and tell him I'll kill him before he gets a chance to take me to court and add in "I know where you go to school." I look over at the lady and to see if there is any damage. She is crying and shit and it looks like those two little vents are hanging off the front. I offer to try to put them back in for her and through the tears she tells me its no big deal, dont worry about it, I'll fix it myself later and she took off. It wasnt until years later I realized that she was probably terrified that I was going to hurt her or her kids after listening to the exchange me and the homie had just before. I hope her husband didnt beat the shit out of her when she got home.
    2 points
  29. I once heard these two wiggers on a bus and one of them said “I got 2 AKs” and without missing a beat the other wigger said “well I fucked 6 bitches in one night, on E!” That has been my go to one upper ever since.
    2 points
  30. Great topic thread topic. I hope this snowballs into a popular thread. I do not have anything to share right now, but will contribute once I have some material.
    2 points
  31. What? Does that blast air to keep your taint dry or does it blast baby powder also to keep.ypur taint dry?
    2 points
  32. jesus. @SMdoubleXL that's horrible to do to a five year old my son (7) found the first five minutes of IT on youtube somehow and watched in on my phone when I wasn't looking. he' still sleeping in my bed occasionally after that.
    1 point
  33. 1 point
  34. Nice thread bump. Ive been missing yard sales and fleas badly last year. I also get into a bunch of places where tenants have dashed in a hurry and left behind some cool shit for me. Im hoping this year things open back up.
    1 point
  35. Enjoying this now. Name sounds sexy, like hey, did you Chouffe her cherry last night?
    1 point
  36. https://www.vice.com/en/article/4adpv9/us-navy-has-patents-on-tech-it-says-will-engineer-the-fabric-of-reality
    1 point
  37. I know some of you see something floating in the toilet and try to blast it in half with your pee
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00