Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 02/14/2021 in Posts

1. What's funny is my meme could apply to a few people on here, but we see who it matters to most.
    3 points
  2. Was I the only one saying “cmon cmooon” to Dhabs video? Haha. it got to -25 where you’re at!?! @Dirty_habiT
    2 points
  3. Diesel cold start accomplished lol. No block heater, ~25*F.
    2 points
  4. pic from the last 12oz meet up
    2 points
  5. Finally bought a cable for this repair. Jeez it takes me forever to do sht. I do it tho and it gets done, eventually. Island time... (no, I don't live on an island, just sayin) What got me off my ass was the wife's BMX-GT broken brake cable a few days ago. I'll get to work on these this weekend.
    2 points
  6. 2 points
  7. I am always wondering when a QR/Data Matix contains a virus. Personally I do not scan UID Codes for this reason. But to be on subject to this thread. Definitely tracking for sure.
    1 point
  8. Can vouch for these
    1 point
  9. found these at a garden sale on weekend. $50.00 all of them are still intact barring one missing part of one track set. these look to be all 1980's sets. will be slowly heading to eBay
    1 point
  10. Good idea! Shit looks clean and has that mid century modern / Brady bunch feel.
    1 point
  11. I’d imagine the same thing is happening here with these but people don’t realize it @Schnitzel
    1 point
  12. 1 point
  13. at what point does a vanilla slice stop being a vanilla slice? like if it's strawberries and cream flavoured not vanilla flavoured that saw to me it's a strawberry flavoured slice?
    1 point
  14. Damn, everything just tanked, no love on V-Day.
    1 point
  15. they already use it for contact tracing down here. actually you're talking about a menu from a resaturant. when you walk into a business you need to check in here. it's on every door etc. but a lot of the time if you're just ducking in you hold up your phone stab you thumb on the screen a few times and nobody will ever check. pain in the arse if you're at the mall. Lots of shops like the apple shop wouldn't let you unless you show them the big green tick on your phone screen. if you dont want to use you have to write in the log book.
    1 point
  16. Copped this monkey bowl at an estate sale for $10 they had four. Looks like they were food trays gonna be my valet tray for keys, wallet, change, watch, phone.
    1 point
  17. People considering buying Bitcoin cash when it's at just $500, and both @whereand @Mercercalled the pump 2 weeks in advance. People instead deciding to fuck around and find out with a meme coin like Doge.
    1 point
  18. Probably is, if not they'll start using this method for contact tracing
    1 point
  19. @KILZ FILLZI do be like that tho, until defi at least.
    1 point
  20. Goldie, Tats Cru, BenEine, Mode2, Tkid170, Banksy and more
    1 point
  21. Not because you do that but because of the last two memes and this popped in my head.
    1 point
  22. At my local supermarket.. finally I've found it I've been looking fucking everywhere for some common sense.. let your people's know get it while you can only a limited supply here..
    1 point
  23. You have the right to decide the "laws" on your property, and can forcibly remove anyone in violation of these laws on your property like uninvited guest's, or trespassers. The same laws you make for your own property, don't apply to your neighbors property. Ignoring the logical consistency behind this takes immense cognitive dissonance. In short, a welcome guest at your next door neighbor's property isn't trespassing against you, the same basic logic applies to all the other property you don't own. Likewise your neighbor doesn't have the right to forcibly evict one of your invited/welcome guests from your property under the guise of trespass. I'd never allow my neighbor the right to decide this for my property, legally or not. Imagine some stranger knocking on your door saying "hey, you're no longer allowed to associate with this otherwise law abiding individual". Either because they feel like a victim somehow, or a regulatory body hasn't processes certain paperwork. Like even if my neighbor was a landscaper, he'd just have to deal with the fact I've decided to hire a Guatemalan to fix my garden. By him asking the state to intervene in my voluntary associations, he's no different than a long term welfare recipient deciding to tax me because it's "helping" them enjoy the comforts of a parasitic lifestyle. If my neighbor did better work for less money than my Guatemalan homie, he'd be the one planting my marijuana. You can't fault a communist for not understanding how property rights work, and how stealing from someone for having more than you is wrong, while allowing yourself the exact same indulgences in cognitive dissonance. AKA, what's the point of telling yourself you've got "principals" if some of these so called principals are demonstrably false, using the same logically consistency of other closely help beliefs. Imagine trying to write software using this method, wondering why you keep coming up with error codes because one line of code (that looks good by itself) interfere's with the next line, and so on. I'm not arguing for introducing an open borders policy under our current system. In fact, I acknowledge this would have disastrous results if the border just suddenly opened. My point here aside from logical consistency, is a non-interventional solution is superior to closed borders. You have to first acknowledge the State based solutions faults first, before it's possible to imagine the superiority of logically consistent methods of increasing the standards of living within any set of imaginary lines. Even in a 100% welfare state free society, I acknowledge opening borders with a less advanced economy would initially be very harmful to those native to the more advanced economy. This has more to do with the economic reality of the situation, than it has to do with any moral argument on behalf of those negatively effected. Letting go of this illusion opens the door for considering free market, voluntary based solutions. In short it's the state that is the parasite, and needs you to exist, for it to exist, not the other way around. Much like the government taking money from a rich person, then stringing a family out on a "free" welfare system that cuts off this aid the moment the dad lives with the family. The government does far less than you'd think protecting yours, and mine standard of living by enforcing a border where one team has a monopoly on violence on one side, and harms one set of individuals to benefit the other. For example, let's set the entire welfare state argument aside, and we agree our end goal is to benefit Americans as much as possible. If a person can earn 3x more here, even if 3x more is still undercutting the market wage rate here wages here go down. Common sense. Those in professions that can be easily filled by a non-native language speaking labor are negatively effected first , eventually followed by increasingly more specialized labor, until wages in both markets reach an equilibrium and there's no incentive for one person to move physically. This is as an inevitable law of the universe that the laws of man cannot correct, or prevent much like the futility of a drug war, or prohibition, and eventually discovering you can't even keep hard drugs out of max security prisons let alone a "free" society . Eventually you'll find these efforts to shape commerce in your favor, ultimately just harm commerce in the big picture, thus lowering your living standard. These policies are extremely harmful to people born here in a way that is unintuitive, but very real. It's retarding our own economic advancement, and creating an ever greater problem at the same time. Think about East/West Germany, and how one side had BMW's, AUDI's and Porches with well fed people in them, while the other side had pieces of shit that blew black smoke and barely ran. Now think about what happened after they combined, West Germany eventually profited, along with the East and historically that's the norm, not the exception. All the effort put into artificially separating the two is naturally put towards more productive endeavors, and productivity itself just so happens to be what we should be encouraging if we want higher living standards. TLDR: Closed borders don't protect standards of living.
    1 point
  24. DEADASS WANT THESE...
    1 point
  25. I have a pair of audio technica's m40x or whatever.. pretty solid headphones.. also found this microphone adapter on Amazon for like 20 bucks.. now not only are they super dope headphones but now they work as an awesome gaming headset as well.. just replaced the earmuffs with these black camo guys since the originals were literally falling apart.. Also @Hua Guofang if you're looking for a dope pair of earbuds I could recommend Jabra 65t Elite.. I have a pair and they're pretty dope for earbuds and has a solid amount of bass as well.. they also have like 4 mics on them for ambient mode that way you can hear your surroundings.. works great for hopping on the train late at night or you can keep it off to tune out everything.. only thing I'll say about them is I had the left one fuck up, like it'd be fine then five minutes listening it'd slowly fade out to where I hear NOTHING out that earbud.. but my girl looked it up and fucked around with the tiny pinhole on them with a toothpick according to Google and now they work fine.. only other thing is that sometimes the mics pic up more of the background than you talking, ie if you're around alot of loud machinery/on the train Platform.. not a deal breaker for me tho most of the time I have these in I'm trying to get off the phone anyway so I can get back to the jams.. The jabras 65t are the older version but they're within your price range.. the newer ones I think are the 85t and they're like $140 or so and I don't think you wanna spend that much.. also honorable mention, Beats just released a pair of earbuds like the beats x from a couple years ago but they're $50 and won't die on you within a month like my old pair did.. which is why I bought the jabras.. but hey fifty bucks for some beats is not bad especially if bass is your thing.. just hope these last longer than the beatsx did..
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00