Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 11/30/2020 in all sections

1. Went the easy route using 3” wood screws. Ended up doing both locks. Replacing the jamb is a task I’m not excited about tackling and the front door isn’t the major weakness for the property, that’s prob be the ancient sliding glass door around back. For the sake of posterity, this is another route that was presented to me. But these are for jambs that have no shit been kicked in and are still in pieces. Thanks for the input yall @mr.yuck @One Man Banned @SMdoubleXL @Ko SprueOne
    4 points
  2. yes, fckin Epic flick. Just too easy
    3 points
  3. Channel Zero is turning into Crossfire 2.0
    3 points
  4. I was gonna sell these but fuck it I'm gonna un dead stock my union 1's
    3 points
  5. @KILZ FILLZGo with the larger striker plate. Your idea using epoxy putty to repair the damaged screw thread purchase surfaces is also valid. I recently did a similar repair of a door jamb. I used plumbers epoxy putty stuffed into the damaged area. While the epoxy was curing, I placed the striker into position after it was wrapped in plastic wrap (Saran Wrap). This will not stick to the epoxy *. The screws were dipped into liquid soap then screwed into the door jamb , through the still curing epoxy. This allows the screws to be removed and replaced later if needed. The soaped threads act like a tap to create a thread through the epoxy. If you use the larger striker plate then this method should be used around the holes nearest the bolt hole because that area looks damaged. Side note: We've replaced the entire door jamb with 1/4" steel L-beam stock for an entry door for better security. * I've used this method for shoring up a set of replacement plastic rifle grips for a friend. No more rattle.
    3 points
  6. Funny, this is the very next home improvement project for us because the previous owner installed it upside-down as well. The door slides outside. That through hole bolt is actually very secure. Yes, if they just break the glass then they can just walk in. True, but that would make noise and is work on the intruder's behalf. My Dad told me to always be more difficult than your next door neighbor. True sht right there. They see sht in the way at your pad, they go next door instead. See picture attachment. This is installed at the top.
    2 points
  7. That sounds weird af like they installed your sliding glass door backwards @KILZ FILLZ.
    2 points
  8. Hawk Pumpkin pumpkin Columbus statue set to come down leftovers work (still in love with my job) root check 10 days
    2 points
  9. Fun fact: Drake Bell, from the nickelodeon show "Drake & Josh", recently changed his name to Drake Campana and moved to Mexico to sing spanish songs now.. and this god damn song has been stuck in my head when me and my girl found this out.. enjoy.. 🙃🔫
    2 points
  10. Fueled up, ready to launch
    2 points
  11. Anyone else wonder if Biden id busting super dusty old man nuts, making Kamala look like she took the cinnamon challenge, all coughing and shit.
    2 points
  12. May not be hipster enough for the youngins today, but there is nothing wrong with an Estwing hatchet. One of those Japanese folding saws can be pretty handy also, of you do not already know from your horticulture work, you should learn. High end.
    2 points
  13. I was gonna say to at least start with hella long screws. but something to secure them into as theses smart boys have indicated. That’s all I got haha but for real. Living solo for a long time -I’ve always replaced the deadbolt screws, in any living situation, to long ones. carry on gentlemen. I’m glad it’s moving forward @mr.yuck
    2 points
  14. My thought is an exterior door into your home "should" IMO be as strong and secure as possible, and that means buckling down and replacing the door jamb. A deadbolt is a security measure and you want it secure in something with structural integrity, not splintered wood. If you're determined not to replace the jamb I'd pick that extended length latch strike, but I'd still use something to fill some of the space behind it.
    2 points
  15. Thanks for the perfume, @mr.yuck. If you like Gaultier2, then you'd most definitely like MFK Grand Soir as that's what it immediately reminded me of. I'm going to get me a decant of it again sometime. Gucci Oud is good, but has commercial notes to it, per my gf. Will try Prada tomorrow.
    1 point
  16. The stick in the track method is actually easily defeated. I'm wondering if I should reveal this in an open public thread. However we use this on three windows in the house because the cat still has not figured it out. If we leave the house tho, the windows get closed and locked.
    1 point
  17. http://www.silkysaws.com/ https://www.arscorporation.jp/product/
    1 point
  18. @KILZ FILLZ The best cure for that slider is to cut down a section of wood closet rod to length and throw it down in the door track to block it from being able to slide. I was also looking at "These things right here" as an option for kick proofing a house.
    1 point
  19. Guy, don’t listen to fools like @where just do your thing. He’s harmlessly ball busting. Just like everyone else on the internet. Welcome to the forum while not lurking anymore. We need more of y’all. Some folks made still weird about talking numbers or credit scores and shit like that. Don’t trip. It’s cool you dug into the threads and came out with results. Take a look around mane.
    1 point
  20. I had a bet "By December" that I'm hoping I don't have to argue. Everyone do me a favor, buy up all the sell orders to $20,001.00 for me.
    1 point
  21. 1 point
  22. Ok now I’m pissed bro, it’s violet frost not “iCeY gRaPe pUrPlE” lol dumbass
    1 point
  23. @Ko SprueOne- that's an COOL bike.... looks like mid/early 90s if I had to guess. Check the BMX thread, some guy put an electric motor on a bmx bike and was ripping the skatepark w/ it.
    1 point
  24. Replaced the old, duct tape repaired, Cloud-9 with a new comfy seat for the Mrs.'s GT
    1 point
  25. @mortonwell put We have done our basic photo/canvas type deals as gifts regarding our connection. And we love to smoke so a rig is probably an obvious gift But your train of thought triggered this. say every time we go camping he talks of wanting a good axe/hatchet or whatever type of tool. So I’d openly take leads on one if one if you guys have a favorite. I’ll start there
    1 point
  26. Yeah my bad... I'm only a few days into crypto but invested £1000 last week after reading this thread and the one in Jekyll Island. Split across BTC, ETH and XRP. I suppose my question is why would you leave your currency sitting in a wallet when you could loan it and receive interest (and withdraw at anytime)?
    1 point
  27. @MercerI realise how much my post looks like a spambot but it's a genuine question!
    1 point
  28. ::hint:: i've been on a native casted film kick the last few weeks. this is one of them. saw it a few years back and its really fuckin good.
    1 point
  29. I agree with all the way on the D&G. That was the impression I get with a lot of commercial generic scents without smelling them. Not trying to sound like a snob. Besides, the only commercial generic cologne that is the best would be aqua di gio IMO. Again, you're exact on the Italian leather. It's tough to figure out but very inviting.
    1 point
  30. Fitting. How many times have I been on the way to/from a train and this comes on. ALL ABOARD HA HA HA HA HA........
    1 point
  31. Hidden danger, cool find. This is ancient. Appears to be a well, but it's in an odd spot for a well. It also happens to be somewhere where people might be creeping at night- that would suck.
    1 point
  32. @ndvfor the first few years I avoided all the bars and shit - 13 years sober coming next week. Now nothing really bothers me -
    1 point
  33. You can just make out the Golden Gate from the Marina. I forgot to take pics of the steakhouse- food was decent. Hella honeys walking around. I also ended up as DD on the way home and got that Audi up to 113 mph - twin turbo on that thing rips.
    1 point
  34. Glad to see you posting pix & hope you'll post more. Have not seen Church of Bob in years. Nothing I ever followed but recognize from counterculture past.
    1 point
  35. We're in the rut and he doesn't want you trying to steal his pussy
    1 point
  36. Just out country cruising ready to head back out to the desert when I get the funds together. Hoping for Wednesday.
    1 point
  37. Didn’t even get a bite today. Which is unfortunate bc I just got a new steelhead recipe I wanted to try out. Always nice being in the water tho. This buck and I had a stare down for awhile. Dude blocked my path back, and wouldn’t back down. Eventually he got bored and kept walking.
    1 point
  38. Truth be told when I looked without reading I thought it was a pic of a bag with tea stains on it = teabag lolz.
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00