Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 11/22/2020 in all sections

1. It's been far longer than the 6 months he was given. I'm hoping he went into remission and he's just living his life with 12oz being one of the last thoughts he has.
    6 points
  2. @ndvfor the first few years I avoided all the bars and shit - 13 years sober coming next week. Now nothing really bothers me -
    6 points
  3. Hidden danger, cool find. This is ancient. Appears to be a well, but it's in an odd spot for a well. It also happens to be somewhere where people might be creeping at night- that would suck.
    5 points
  4. I wish him well. Would like to see his reaction to reading this thread when he returns.
    5 points
  5. New bike for the kiddo. Fuckin thing cost more than me and the wife’s bike combined.
    5 points
  6. Checked all the sensors which were ok. Pulled the fuel rails and injectors off and what do ya know. Injectors are properly clapped out. Tomorrow I'll clean em up and see if I can get this motor to fire up. While I was under the hood I pulled off the manifold and valve covers so I could oil the valvetrain and camshaft. At least I know I'm not cranking the motor dry. Also removed the break booster which will be replaced with the hydro boost unit. It'll clean up the engine bay and give me more room for the hydraulic clutch master cylinder. The break booster was a motherfucker to get out, I could barely get a wrench in there. Not to mention my body was twisted in ways unnatural to the the human anatomy.
    4 points
  7. Motörhead celebrates 'Bomber' 40th anniversary with Heinkel Bomber model 05/09/2019 To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Motörhead's 'Bomber' album, British model kit maker, Airfix has announced a limited edition of its Heinkel He 111 H-6 bomber model. The bomber model will have Motörhead decals and comes in a custom box. You can check out pictures of the model plane below. Artist Adrian Chesterman used the Airfix Heinkel kit in 1979 as his muse while creating the Bomber album sleeve artwork that features Lemmy Kilmister, 'Fast' Eddie Clarke and 'Philthy' Animal Taylor cruising on the German WWII bomber. "Lemmy, himself a collector of WWII memorabilia, insisted the plane be German," Airfix stated. "I suggested the Heinkel plane," Chesterman noted. "They wanted this photo-realistic effect, so I designed the thing with the detached bomb coming towards you. I worked in airbrush in black and white, which I would then tint. That's why my work always looked very doomy. To get the lighting right, I got a little Airfix kit of a Heinkel 111, made it up and sprayed it black. When you work realistically, you've got to have a realistic reference." Airfix recalled that the artwork made such an impression that the band had insisted on a "remarkable 40-foot Heinkel replica" as a stage prop for their famed Bomber tour. Chesterman said that it was the "most famous cover" he has ever created. https://www.thesound.co.nz/home/music/2019/09/motorhead-bomber-40th-anniversary-airfix-heinkel-he111-h6-bomber-model-plane.html
    4 points
  8. Wishing I had brought my camera. Would have made a cool day in pies post but sitting in the woods drinking my 1st jar of real moonshine, straight from the still, 124 proof and smooth as hell.
    3 points
  9. Pommes de tere, made famous by Joel Robuchon. Noted chef of the century before he passed a few years back. He used (his restaurants still use) La ratte potatoes, (small fingerling like) and butter in equal parts. So for every pound of potatoes there is a pound of butter. They are some of the most decadent rich mashed potatoes you'll ever have. I used to make these everyday at a spot I worked at some years ago. The chef that owned the joint had a farmer grow this type of potato specifically for his restaurant. Been doing them ever since. They are pretty simple in most regards, the mixing is the most important part. Over work the starch and you end up with greasy spackle. Under work them and they break, butter too warm they break. Let them get cold while folding in the butter they get gluey. Side note while alive Joel held more michelin stars than any other chef by a long shot. Cheers!!!
    3 points
  10. That'd be awesome. I hope so.
    2 points
  11. His last post in the cancer thread was march. seemed somewhat positive then so hope it's continued that way.
    2 points
  12. I'm hoping that him disappearing means he's off living the good life somewhere, writing a book about Mero and David Blaine smoking PCP and driving around uptown.
    2 points
  13. i believe you still can, although the message won’t go directly to him. It’ll be put in an options box where he can decide to view it. So if he’s not active on Instagram it’s unlikely that he’ll see it any quicker than he sees 12oz
    2 points
  14. Agree. Maybe shoot a DM to the IG as a first option...
    2 points
  15. Maybe he’s just eating pizza in a Slayer shirt lol naw but really hope dudes hanging in there
    2 points
  16. He wrote about a Temple near his pad. Maybe he just went there just to split for a while. You can do that at most Temples. You just live there for a temporary amount of time. You work the kitchen and landscaping and custodial work. Assist the Monks like direct correspondence between the public and the Monks.
    2 points
  17. Heh. There is a veritable laundry list of books that you should read, but I'd recommend a primer or two first. https://www.amazon.com/Open-Source-Intelligence-Methods-Tools/dp/1484232127 https://www.amazon.com/Open-Source-Intelligence-Techniques-Information/dp/1984201573 Never use if for bad, NDV. Karma is real.
    2 points
  18. Tech me Lord Casek 🙏 so me the way of the Jedi.
    2 points
  19. Okay, I found him. Here's the thing, I know all of his info now, but I can't find anything specific(no bad news). His Insta is set to private. * I don't like doing this to people that I know, but I do have the skills. I think that he might have taken his husband's last name, so this makes things a bit more challenging. I hate prying into people's lives.
    2 points
  20. You can just make out the Golden Gate from the Marina. I forgot to take pics of the steakhouse- food was decent. Hella honeys walking around. I also ended up as DD on the way home and got that Audi up to 113 mph - twin turbo on that thing rips.
    2 points
  21. Finally got my contractors license, and a business bank acct. Alongside this new cheat code level finally came my website (which is very dope). Feeling hyped and obvs accomplished.
    2 points
  22. I need to eat some crow i talked all that jibber jabber and just bought a home lol 3% mortgage rate ftw this is the 2008 millennials have been waiting for
    2 points
  23. Just out country cruising ready to head back out to the desert when I get the funds together. Hoping for Wednesday.
    2 points
  24. Didn’t even get a bite today. Which is unfortunate bc I just got a new steelhead recipe I wanted to try out. Always nice being in the water tho. This buck and I had a stare down for awhile. Dude blocked my path back, and wouldn’t back down. Eventually he got bored and kept walking.
    2 points
  25. Thanks for sharing that @Mercer Now with that said, for a guy still only using Coinbase and thinking about what you said a few weeks back about spending your crypto because why else, how do you feel about shit like this and what route would you recommend to easily spend if not this way. For me it boils down to having the smarts about the space which I still do not have. So shit like a fucking debit card is super easy for me to grasp.
    1 point
  26. Totally came in here posting up some Minnetonkas I already posted like 2 weeks ago. Times is hard on the blvd. Niggas memory is goin.
    1 point
  27. WATCHING THE NEW ANIMANICS REBOOT WITH MY MINI...
    1 point
  28. I am not buying Valhalla because I plan to play this instead. Hope I don’t regret it.
    1 point
  29. Filming training videos for work.
    1 point
  30. More German treats. The local bottle shop has acquired a few rare Franconian stuff that doesn’t usually leave the country. Might have to pay a visit once the rona is over
    1 point
  31. #KILLOURFAMILIES2020 #KILLTHEMSOFTLY #YOUNGEARTHSOCIETY #THEEARTHISYOUNGASFUCK #5000YEARSOLDISTOOOLD
    1 point
  32. dairy queefs!!! Thanks dad
    1 point
  33. ^was thinking about making a thread for old hand painted signs, but I need to get out anf actually take pics before I do that. Love them.
    1 point
  34. When my lady leaves women's mags laying around in the way I subtly (or sometimes not so subtly) change the covers with a sharpie. It can be a while before she takes notice. Luckily she usually finds it amusing.
    1 point
  35. I like exploring different cuisines, trying to make shit I haven't before or trying to make someone's culture's cuisine and getting it right. Also w/ covid and all, trying to recreate shit I would have gone out for in the past. Special occasions to work for, or challenges like what can I make that's grab & go for when I'm on the road. I've made more main courses than desserts, so trying to expand my wheelhouse. Big no homo to start but I like smoking meats, but there's so much other shit you can smoke like nuts, cheese.......
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00