Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/26/2020 in all sections

1. Oh fun. I come back to this. Hey fam: stop. fucking. dying. Love you guys.
    7 points
  2. Recently it seems to be Graffiti or at least looking at graffiti. compiling a book on interesting xerox era graff zines. editing down my collection of 10,000 freight images shot in last few years to preserve the best ones ( some pieces I have 30 times over so plenty to be sorted out.) compiling a time capsule of my city's pieces etc I'm gonna store it for a decade somehow. help a mate with a sketch comp on instagram I also build little collages of pieces and stuff for a project I'm doing but I'm not too far in and not sure 100% what I'm going to do. when option presents itself get stupidly drunk. plant vegetables and consider myself a "man of the land" haha! I also read books sometimes, play with my kids pay with my dog, Play board games like Monopoly and stuff with my son. Catch lizards, do drawings Blow bubbles. we dont seem to have a lot of "fun" as family now that I write this I can't make music, not great at sports, really scared to get back into fitness having fallen so far twice before, not great writing things ( or writing on things either) or building things. in words of Blind melon " all I can say is that my life is pretty plain" and completely lopsided.
    6 points
  3. The pandemic restrictions both institutional and self-imposed greatly restrict current pursuits of enjoyment. In the typical situation I enjoy exhibits and performances of all sorts particularly orchestral and visual arts but pretty much anything also presentations such as lectures etc. I like to be around mastery, in whatever form. Theatre is in there, historical tours, architectural presentations, whatever. There are exceptions I guess but in general I am up for it. I do lots of walking and hiking, I especially enjoy these activities with company and conversation, but can certainly go it alone. Many things I enjoy somehow end up spending some time on the sidelines of my life for whatever reason, cycling, drawing, billiards, reading, gaming, socializing etc. A list much longer exists of things I think would be fun but have yet to get into, sailing, kayaking, shooting, archery, woodworking, learning to hand paint signs, etc. I make time for family such as it is and such as I can, death when it visits always reminds us to take it while we can. Fun is not what it was, no longer a direct thrilling moment but now more a general sense and experience of time well spent.
    4 points
  4. I love cardigans in general and personally, i love the way old people dress They seem to accidentally have drip @Kultshow i see you in the future LMAO dont worry I'll be up there with you @QaweeI have a little logo similar to the lacoste alligator. I have a small bucket hat and a small pair of palm trees that look like the fred perry laurels.
    3 points
  5. hell yeah goretex would be amazing. also that cardigan would be dope, just a little embroidered logo like the dude on the hammock between the palm trees
    3 points
  6. I felt like I’d discovered cold fusion when I figured out how to make my own KRINK
    3 points
  7. thank you bro i was thinking of all of us on this forum getting older and we all can't keep wearing supreme shirts with semen on them so i'm going to make a brand that speaks to the old heads
    3 points
  8. Bumping this back up. Actually hired a few people, mostly local and one person I brought up from Utah. Anyhow, working on a few things that’ll likely have me staffing up again. Also considering possible temp help. Just sayin.
    3 points
  9. Still active in BJJ which I do usually 3 times a week when we aren't in quarantine. Kickboxing class here and there..... I enjoy gaming despite being a couple months shy of 40 - currently rocking Apex Legends and Last of Us II on PS4. Biking is another thing I dig, currently Mtn. but looking to get back into Road. I like listening to vinyl, writing, home improvement nerd shit. Live music when it is happening is a must.
    3 points
  10. It's situational for me. I really like breaking the law. Within reason and my own personal moral compass, there isn't a whole lot that's off limits. For example; One of the more fun time's I had was with my wife. When we were looking to buy our house we would go look at properties without a real estate agent and unbeknownst to me, she really enjoyed trespassing and learning the finer points of breaking and entering. When not breaking the law, I enjoy exploring parts of town I've never been to, meeting new people, shooting, and fine dining.
    3 points
  11. What are your thoughts on the subject? I just heard the term coined in this video and instantly thought to myself, "I wonder what 12oz thinks about this subject."
    2 points
  12. @mr.yuck all these acronyms are a whirlwind bro. Mij=made in japan? ✅ Bonus: MII = Italy, MIF = France Ds= dead stock ✅ Dh= Dior Homme Pre kj=pre kim jong 🤡 Close, actually, pre-Kim Jones. Currently the HNIC at Dior Man now. Just most people know it's "Dior Homme, not Dior Homey" SLP: Saint Laurent Paris D01 = Slim D02 = Skinny D03 = Straight Thanks, bro. Was just talking to him and he sounds like it will! @glorydaysI found a pair of MIJ's that are closely similar to the 3Sixteen Shadow Selvedge that look to be DS. Just confirmed the season they're from so birdman.gif. White weft but the warp was dipped blue then black. My office chair is going to look sick hahahah Also,
    2 points
  13. Oh shit there’s an election this year?!?!?
    2 points
  14. so what is the future like. well, I want to be able to venture into technical garments and technical tracksuits. You all know i have an affinity and love for waterproof garments, so the future after this first drop is open for everything and anything This might seem adventurous, but I'm tired of giving other companies money for stuff I can make myself Isn't that why we all make stuff anyway? cuz theres nothing out there that fits you? My dream fabric would be gore tex....fuuuuuck that would be amazing
    2 points
  15. https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJmAYjNP/ WE GOT SNOW, SO MADE SOME GREEN CHILI STEW...
    2 points
  16. Yo i never considered it but what was it like graduating straight into the recession?
    2 points
  17. Sophomore year of high school. Painting a lot of bad graffiti, smoking a lot of good kush, spending a lot of time on 12oz. Thought I was some sort of mad scientist trying to come up with new ink recipes. Listening to: Mad Lib, Dilla, Stones Throw, Cunning Lynguists, and Lil Wayne
    2 points
  18. @glorydays what cut of the bravestars did you get? Im already bout to cop another pair now that I have found the size and style I like.
    2 points
  19. we all gonna dress like retirees with AARP cards grampa skating
    2 points
  20. Hopefully someone close to guy was able to get ahold of all those typewriter memoirs at some point. Over the great drought I would pop in and check to see if dude had ever finally put a book out. Sad to see it seems to have never happened.
    2 points
  21. 2008- Was 26 and 27 and it was the return of the moon. The alignment of mars venus and the sun was still several years away. 26 year old me was winding down the year of my super sweet 26teen birthday year. Living the height of my second childhood in an era I like to call 'peak debauchery'. I capped the year off with my 27th bday party in which no one was allowed to wear pants. This is also where I happened upon my wife. My roommate tought me how to play smoke on the water. This is also the year I cut everyone loose from my life that wasn't about moving forward and doing bigger and better things. It's crazy looking back and being able to pinpoint those couple seemingly random events that catapult your life down an entirely different trajectory. Every day I wake up I am constantly amazed and greatful that I didn't wind up dead or in prison. Listening to: rap, jazz, miami bass, and classic rock Playing: cod 4 modern warfare like crack
    2 points
  22. A whole bunch of you know how Japan turned out. Lots of lonely males and females. Let's not make the same mistake.
    2 points
  23. im definitely planning another shirt. Probably not a rerun since it’s not fair to those that got down on the original, but definitely something. also planning a standard forum tee that’ll be generally available.
    2 points
  24. Just wait til I sleep in my jeans tonight.
    2 points
  25. Bicycles, Fishing, weights, teaching my son how to do outdoorsy things, music, reading, anything space related. No particular order. Just enjoy life when life is good.
    2 points
  26. Camping, motorsports related activities (hauling ass, going to car shows, working on vehicles with friends, etc) video games, dirt bikes, bmx, getting work done that I WANT to get done is "fun" to me at times, and binge watching shows. Camping is by far one of my favorite things to do, but with a huge disclaimer. You have to be comfortable camping IMO, if you're not then it just makes the experience suck IMO. I went camping at Colorado Bend SP a few weekends ago, primitive camping. I brought my bmx and rode ~6mi total over rocky/rough terrain, 4 of which I was carrying a fully loaded down backpacking pack. It was fun, but it was also bit of work :).
    2 points
  27. 2 points
  28. Find myself really only listening to podcasts these days. Still some of the old classics on repeat and occasionally some ambient soundtrack of like birds chirping in the woods, but yeah. To be honest, I miss the days of running out to buy physical copies of music. Now it seems you don't even buy digital copies, but instead pay for a service in perpetuity thats like a fancy all knowing radio station. Was never a huge music lover (always been more visual), but kinda killed off what love I had for music. Or maybe I'm just not being exposed to new stuff that I can wrap my head around.
    1 point
  29. Time passes and tragedy strikes, condolences to everyone impacted by his death. His participation here always struck me as full of life and hope, a potent embrace of life's adventure; which is something that we can all take some measure of into our own affairs. RIP
    1 point
  30. Yeah no worries. Some of the old oontzers might come by and see this too. This is actually the video i meant to post.
    1 point
  31. I've spent so much time on here my fingers sometimes type "12" and hit enter without me even thinking. Just thought i'd say whats up. My life is mostly motorcycles right now, and I just got back from watching this. Thought someone might enjoy watching some big boys shred.
    1 point
  32. Crazy, to read this but fuck it... 2008... Actually had two very young kids. Living in Soho Neck deep running an agency and doing tons of stuff with Nike More focused on AKA than 12oz unfortunately @Mercer @psm026 @Grassy Knowles probably remember this era pretty well.
    1 point
  33. God damn Mister Raven, look at that automatic embed. You've been working on the forum like the cure for cancer.
    1 point
  34. You can also do birria de res if you aint down with the Chivo. Busted this out tonight....
    1 point
  35. I have gotten phenomenal at gathering burnable wood. We had an amazing fire. Woke up our second morning having one of the best nights of sleep -mind you, it was just below freezing and steady heavy drizzle of rain all night long.
    1 point
  36. I took a day off and lined it up with my one weekend off a month and we went camping. failed mission to an abandoned train trellises. between the no trespassing signs along with with heavy presence of a politician’s propaganda, we weighed the whole risk vs. rewards thing and chose to abort mission. we drive a little north (PA) and the amount of Trump signs With catch phrases that made any supporter look like in idiot paired with confederate flags made me feel legitimately uncomfortable ......
    1 point
  37. Being without a car-and someone who doesn’t sit still well-I am familiar with this scenario. our fun thing the last few years has been camping. (If everything allows; transportation, days off, weather...) however-I’m a curious person. And east coast living is new to me so I have a handful of spots that are walkable to me (within 5 miles is considered walkable). I find any and every way to get to that location (because I don’t like to walk to same way, street, side of street, neighborhood etc....) and I make sure I visit it during every season. It’s almost like a different place every single time. if (and when) I had transportation-I’d do (did) the same. places range from bandos, track spots, cemeteries, gardens, river spots, inner city, and woodsy.
    1 point
  38. Checking out a few fishing holes in the hammock to see if anyone is catching. (No one was). Got some poke on the way home. New kid made it so it’s not aesthetically pleasing. Probably the last nice day in Cleveland for the year. Glad I got to spend it in the woods.
    1 point
  39. Burger time! Brioche bun, mushrooms, swiss, aioli
    1 point
  40. Just a few things from home. It's been weird not working during the pandemic shit. I have been in and out of love with cooking since the restaurant closed. I'm kinda bitter about the whole situation but, at the end of the day I get it. Got some sourdough (25% rye, 25% coarse wheat,50% white bread flour) Linguini and clams, classic. And prawn gyros
    1 point
  41. Been listening to that Conway album a lot, every workout session i have I play Juvenile Hell at least twice. Saw the whole Griselda live back in February right before corona popped off, they brought Flee Lord and Boldy James with them, it was a super dope show.
    1 point
  42. what's up, fuckers: this is injury. it's good to be back, can't wait to argue about whales. missed y'all
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00