Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/17/2020 in Posts

1. Ahahaha destruction league. Far out. Yeah I've found some pretty funny photos from time to time while digging through old hard drives. Even TURBOCAPSLOCK with his giant subway cookie. And a couple of funny ones of that YG bloods guy that used to post a LOT. All sorts. Did gliko bash neckface or am I remembering that wrong? There was some serious beef between very active users at times too. Seeking regularly threatening to shoot people X) Raven I saw you guys made a channel zero t! Very rad. Seemed like a while ago now? Maybe it's romanticized in my memory but I feel like the tight click in CH zero was on a whole other level to the rest of the forums. Cool that the shirt happened but I'd guess a lot of people like myself had already drifted away by the time it was made. I'll try find this ten years later topic but I'm mostly spending my spare time in here reading through Ravens topic about dropping out of the rat race.
    3 points
  2. In no specific order: New galaxy & Saaz hopped session ale home brew... the head needs a bit of work top but it’s the best beer I’ve made yet... growing oyster mushrooms on the kitchen bench. cool flowers Blooming... ”crack baby” walking with the little homie.
    3 points
  3. I just touched on health care in another thread. Truth be told Decyferon's statement, fuck the political class, and fuck Trump are 100% in line with my core values. That said, I'm also not entirely sure he's wrong about health care. I'd say the only difference we have most likely os I'm only for sharing resources with people I choose, my own community, not my entire country. I think coming from a smaller country like the U.K. makes the appeal of universal systems a little higher than it does in the U.S. Over here, we're much more individualist, still echoing our frontier, settler mentality in our thoughts. The concept of a countryman to an American is just different. I'd never pool my resources with a random stranger to split them evenly, especially something as important as my health, with someone who lives hundreds of miles away that I'll never meet. Truth be told I just don't consider a random stranger's health records, bills, or anything for that matter any of my business unless we've got business, or do business. Like I'll give a bum money, but if they act like they expect it, and try to force me to give them money like I owe them the only thing one of us is getting is a concussion. Even if 5 other people on the block outnumbered me, and try agree I should give it to him, I just don't think my money is their business. Admittedly, this perspective isn't perfect either, and comes with it's own set of problems. I also don't feel like they have any business in my healthcare business, or need to pay my bills either. This perspective also does nothing to address people who aren't capable of taking care of their own needs by itself. I just think there are way better solutions than forcing everyone into a one size fits all system. Maybe I want to pay more for better service, maybe I want to pay less, it should be up to me, not a government agent. That's really all I've got on this. To me there's no better government, than no government.
    3 points
  4. Man, I remember those pics being way more hi def lol. Advances in tech are messing w my memories.
    3 points
  5. and having meet ups would have been cool if I hadn't censored everything schnitzel, @Classified, Omega Man, Fruitylexia, ???, Richardpryor
    3 points
  6. New balance 1500 made in the uk
    2 points
  7. Cow_frees_herself_and_her_friends-5fsz3qb68nt51.mp4
    2 points
  8. Honestly man I have no fucking clue how I landed there.. sometimes my youtube adventures lead me down a pretty cool path, most of the time tho down a weird one.. Long story short yeah I guess the methane doesn't freeze but basically dude farted in a metal container like a coffee container with the lid and another jar and put it in a super cold freezer.. I doubt it was liquid nitrogen but perhaps dry ice or something to keep it super cold.. then idk how much longer later but they opened it and it was just as potent if not worse than before.. apparently farts age like a nice chianti..
    2 points
  9. Otis_the_dog-k4kwwc0cpjt51.mp4
    2 points
  10. That is certainly plausible that your phone ringing vs. never connecting to ring at all is a different version of the same scenario i described before. They could mark down which numbers ring as "they're just busy, we will try again later" vs. "this number didn't ring at all and isn't a phone number that we should waste time trying to connect to." Another thing to consider is that like many other types of black markets/scam type crap, it many times happens in waves. Malware usually hits the internet in waves. I think phone spam campaigns are carried out when they collect enough fake accounts on a VOIP provider through acquiring enough stolen CC's to buy the VOIP accounts. AS in, doing the spamming costs money, whether it's out of pocket because a spammer is paying out of his own pocket, or if it's by using other peoples' stolen credit cards to pay for voip services. A REALLY rudimentary example of the same is liquor store robbers use stolen trucks to run through the glass and empty the racks. So, the point is, before you can "rob a liquor store/run a spam campain" you have to "steal a truck/steal a shit load of credit cards." You feel me fam?
    2 points
  11. ^That was @fat ralphywith the signs. I randomly sat next to Adam at the bar in 21A during a crowded weekday lunch right after the thread got pulled and his camera shut down. Started talking to him and mentioned I was a forum member on 12oz and brought up the thread. Told him 12oz wasn’t some organized group out to get him. He was tweeting about how “12oz was there at 21A” or something like that.
    2 points
  12. fuckinell just bugged out. got back into my photobucket after not being in there for years. so many pics I've put on the oontz over the years.
    2 points
  13. Adam's Block. Some kid in the Tenderloin had a live stream way back in the day. Few people on here thought it would be funny to get in front of it with a sign so we could see ourselves on the interwebz and that kid Adam got all offended. Somehow it turned into some pseudo online / real life battle. Even made the rounds on media... https://sfist.com/2008/12/12/12oz_prophet_theatens_adams_block/ Yay for the OG destruction league... Good times.
    2 points
  14. I've been urged by a few fellow 12ozers to make this post. On December 26th I was diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal adenocarcinoma. This cancer of the lower esophagus was caused by acid reflux, something I never even knew I suffered from. It spread to my stomach, liver, and other spots. Back in the late-summer I noticed there was a pressure and constriction in my mid-chest after eating food. Foolishly I waited until early October to mention it to my physician. I was put on an over-the-counter acid and heartburn reducer. In November I met with a gastroenterologist who recommended an upper endoscopy. Mid-December the endoscopy revealed a 2" growth in my lower esophagus. The biopsy results came back a few days later and revealed it was cancerous. I did a CT scan and met with an oncologist a week later where I was told that the cancer had spread. I was told that without treatment my life expectancy would be 6 months. With treatment, 1-2 years. Surgery and radiation would no longer be an option at this stage. Chemotherapy begins January 6th and I am fucking terrified. This is not meant to be a pity post, but more of an open dialog about cancer and how much it fucking sucks. I'm sure in some way we've all be affected by cancer either personally, or through family and friends. What's your story? Also, I urge all of you to get screened or tested for cancer. Even if you don't show any signs or symptoms. It could save your life. On a positive note, I bought a new digital camera and lens as a "Fuck it, I have cancer" present to myself. My goal is to document what little time I have left. When it's all over my digital archive will go to a trusted friend who will see fit to publish a book.
    1 point
  15. Random sharing here but hoping some of you creative types might have some ideas for improvement, thinking @Ko SprueOnebut anyone w/ knowledge chime in. Some of my off grid travels take me to coastal and island areas where I've started doing this as a form of entertainment. Pix to start:
    1 point
  16. Y'all sound like you've never lived in a country with public "free" healthcare before. It's not like you work a job and then have to pay for old mate sick ass hospital bills directly. It's just something your income tax goes toward. You already pay tax, do you know/care where it goes? Doesn't upset you it pays for shit you don't get to use? With public healthcare it means that if anyone gets sick, or is born with a disability or has an accident, they are taken care of at a high level for no further out of pocket expense. We still have private health insurance if you can afford it and want additional options, but for the most part nothing will ever get in the way of you obtaining healthcare when you need it. Honestly, it's glorious. I've had 2 kids born in my states best hosptial and the total out of pocket was $0. Yes of course I've paid taxes for years where a percentage goes toward funding public health, but so have all the other citizens. I don't give a fuck as I want access for me and my family and also for everyone else that needs it. It's the decent thing to do. Health should be accessible for all.
    1 point
  17. Really like those new "later" bubbles by the way -
    1 point
  18. Man, you bored af. J/k. cOoL stOry brO. J/k. Props for being the only mf I done seen to ever write a nigga a message in a bottle. That’s some weird ass shit. I like that. Pretty sure it’s always a better idea for pencil and paper going up against the elements though? Your wax seal seems pretty legit. Not sure what else one would use, although why would it not make sense to break the damn thing if you were trying to get at whatever’s inside anyways? Whatever. I wish I found a message in a bottle.
    1 point
  19. This is interesting, the deeper I think about this the more I draw a lot of parallels with writing freight graffiti/monikers. Outside of the "manufacturing process" they're all similar in that there's no interaction between the creator, and their message once it's done, or a guarantee who, if anyone will ever see it. I also never thought about kids finding weed in there either. lol If I had to guess, the chances of a kid finding it outweighs the chances of an adult even noticing a bottle, or even caring what's inside. Out of curiosity, anyone know if you can safely fit a syringe full of heroin, and a darknet address to buy more into a widemouth? Asking for a friend.
    1 point
  20. Fuck universal health care lmao
    1 point
  21. I'll address the one question you asked. "Why not free healthcare?" I'm not suggesting you don't understand how money works at all, I'm simply suggesting that, as you may well know but didn't demonstrate familiarity with, there is nothing free. Free healthcare doesn't exist here because there are a LOT of working people, very much like myself, that afford and pay for their own stuff. By working. For money. To pay for things. I don't jive well, at all, with the idea of paying MY money, that I earned, for YOUR shit. I really don't care about "your hustle". My thing in life is that if I don't know you directly or care about you then you're on your own when it comes to my resources, try to get them from me. I will never agree w/ a government policy that wants to take more of what I've earned for myself. Would you want to say that I must "support the system that has allowed my success"? If you want to explore that, I'd be happy to talk about that with you as well.
    1 point
  22. Well, thats a separate topic of conversation, but I'll address it... I do not believe in socialized health care and certainly not our version of it. I don't think the government (or anyone for that matter) should force me into paying for a service, regardless how good the intention. (In this case, I really don't trust the government to have our best intentions at heart as their reason to ram this down our throats). But to put that into context... I happen to fall into an income bracket (upper middle class), where I don't qualify for subsidized care. As such, I'm one of the people that gets forced to buy into it, but has to pay the full rate so someone else out there gets to pay a discounted rate. For thew middle tier health plan, I'm supposed to pay $1200 a month. Not sure about the rest of you, but $1200 a month is a hell of a payment for something I don't regularly use. That also doesn't account for the fact that I still have deductibles to pay on top of that. If I go back and look at the amount of times I've been to the doctor, as well as my family... I'm way ahead of the game just paying for the services I need. No doubt the old argument of"wHaT iF yOu gEt HiT by A bUs?!" is accounted for, but then again before all this ObamaCare bullshit, I could have bought catastrophe insurance to cover stuff like that for about $120 a month. Like everything else government does, when it steps in, it fucks things up. Health care costs has far out paced more other rising costs (shy of college education, which is also heavy handedly managed by government) and meanwhile, quality seems to be in decline. But ultimately, I just want to be left alone to pursue my own life and instead am being forced to participate in a program that seems riddled with agenda and corruption. Our government has done a shit job of taking medical care of our military veterans... A very small segment of the population, which is only fucked up through sacrifice to country at behest of government... Somehow we're supposed to trust that they can do a better job attending to exponentially more people that are just regular citizens? Makes zero sense.
    1 point
  23. I split the discussion off into its own topic, so this can go back to memes. The Left wing and Right wing both belong to the same bird.
    1 point
  24. Whats interesting is that I have two cell phones. 1 personal, which I never give out the number or use it for store purchases etc. 2 business, and I give that number out over the internet when buying stuff and what not. So basically I get a lot of spam calls on my business. Next to zero on my personal. But what I have also noticed is that I began to turn off my business phone around 6pm - 7am mon thru fri and turn it off again fri 6pm - mon 7am. What i immediately noticed by doing this after a few weeks, is the spam calls were less. I am not sure if the phone being off and no chance of ringing, it makes the auto dialer system think its a bad number or disconnected line? Idk 🤷‍♂️ but it does help.
    1 point
  25. Sounds like a personal problem.
    1 point
  26. That’s a phony thing from some website (forget what the site is). But yeah I had the same thing before. Until I started asking questions that they wouldn’t answer
    1 point
  27. I'm currently in the process of acquiring the loan for a piece of property next to the 1 acre I already own. This one is 4 acres, creek runs through the middle, it's a valley, hard land/very rocky, undeveloped full of trees. I've got so many ideas already and I've been buying "heavy equipment" to make my dream come true. One thing I'm counting on is the StarLink internet that Elon's working on to not suck. It won't be 100% off grid anytime soon but the entire goal is to move towards that direction. I intend to have a diesel generator mounted on a concrete pad to power the homestead when there is no power. Part of the battery array thing people build (for solar) that concerns me is that batteries wear out and they're not necessarily cheap. I don't know what the typical lifespan of a battery array or the cost of maintaining one is. One other thing I want to do is, I have noticed that when I leave one of my desktop PC's running, even if it's idling.... the room it runs in will be a few degrees warmer. I intend to leverage the heat put out from the computers to do something with. I'm going to be very focused on growing my own food and recovering any amount of energy that is available in the form of heat, running/draining water/etc. The boat dock is a 10m drive from the house if you're slow. I'm pretty excited because I've wanted to buy an undeveloped piece of land for a long time now and it seems like the pieces are falling into place very quickly.
    1 point
  28. I missed out on tease - I joined early 2004 but didn't venture into CH.0 until much later. @skullnbones you should maybe jump into the "what are you doing a decade after 12oz?" thread give us an update. it's interesting to hear how people's lives have gone! it would be good to have more older members back. I can't recall where you're from but at the moment it's you me and maybe 3/4 others making up the Aussie contingent..
    1 point
  29. ^ Doing this because I enjoy nature and the challenge of getting up close to the animals. Sense of amusement that there are hunters out there covering themselves in deer piss and other things to mask their scent or attract deer so they can get close whereas I mostly either sit patiently for them to come to me or I just walk up.
    1 point
  30. @Ray40You are already looking more comfortable on the board. But, you have to lose the mongo push. It is a habit you need to spend the time to break and then spend the time to really learn to skate. If you are really into skating, you will, if not, you won’t. Up to you. Also, learn slappies now, you are at the perfect stage for that.
    1 point
  31. part of an old zine cover I was making. silver and yellow stripe is a sydney millenium train Smily dude is from the safety guides of the Shenzhen subway in china.
    1 point
  32. Last time I had a crazy infection that just got proper treatment the day before I headed out. Needed a doc for the antibiotics. Checked to see what would be available if I arrived and started getting worse and options were a little limited. Urgent care clinics are the new regular doctor's office it seems. If it's an emergency guess I got to go but otherwise have concerns over the quality of treatment. More space you have more self reliant you have to be. But, I have found overall that people are more neighborly and will help you out in a jam.
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00