Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/12/2020 in all sections

1. I can fucking hear that sound also-Are there real people behind the political spam texts? earlier....
    6 points
  2. It’s not you... I had to do some upgrades today and shot didn’t go smoothly. It was a significant upgrade and it borked a bunch of customizations I’d done to the forum. Sorry about the issues. Going to take me a few to fix it but I’m on it.
    5 points
  3. Ever drive by a building site and think of that .gif of user Teaser? Yeah that one, on the roof in a yellow helmet swinging a hammer? And then I'm forced to remember him panicking about getting a girl pregnant by blowing in her mouth. That kid used to post his entire life on here. I also think of user Kries whenever I hear the Coldplay song from his funeral but that's not so funny. Quick glance at the topic list and there's a few old timers still here. Hi! And, there's a... t shirt?!?!? I've only logged in a hand full of times in the last decade but it's funny how many old users I've met IRL unintentionally. Hope everybody is well. We can't all be doing as well as Merojuana but hey, that's life.
    2 points
  4. @Kultsi found the artist that made that shit. I think dude is hilarious
    2 points
  5. @One Man Bannedevery time I see one of these posts it makes me reprioritize what Im doing and what Im working towards. Thanks.
    2 points
  6. @DETOinspired me. Had to hit’em with the comfort shopping last night. I waited patiently for these to drop and even set a alarm or 2. They still sold out instantly online and I’m in hospital jail so the couple of pairs floating around in person weren’t happening. Eventually decided to check StockX and bango! Almost a $100 up charge but fuck it. The team and shop riders skate these drops all the time. Fuck that.
    2 points
  7. @glorydayshonestly gotta throw dap for at least being aware of politics, to be honest you've argued marxism better than anyone else on here yet. Seems like most other people go straight to anger, throwing insults immediately. I wouldn't sell yourself short on your debate skills because you do know your shit. Half the people on here who claim to be some form of Maxist or another have never even read Marx, (or anything for that regard) and haven't even heard of the LTV or know what it means. I was surprised you knew about Keynes too granted most people never even heard of him. Even though I strongly disagree, I've read a couple of books about him, both critical, and in support of Keynesianism and I also find it an interesting topic of debate. Debate is actually one of the main ways I'll learn something and adjust my perspective later after reading up on something I may have missed. Anyway, good looks on this debate, and respect for actually giving a fuck about something outside of just yourself.
    2 points
  8. Being honest, I don’t want you to agree just because you might look up to me. I’m merely putting a different point of view in front of you and providing food for thought. You (and really everyone) is best served when you take the time to look at the problem, dog out the answers and then draw your own conclusions based off your collective understanding. Part of that process is cross referencing inputs and applying rigor to your conclusions to see if it holds up. it would be a mistake to adopt a conclusion simply because you look up to whoever put it in front of you or skipped all the critical thinking just because an “expert” claims it as truth. That’s kinda how you bought into the Marxism to begin with. Best advice I can give you is to maintain a skeptical position regardless of who’s making claims or speaking “truth”. Then navigate outwards from there.
    2 points
  9. Great shoe photography, almost as good as Schnitzel's above! 👍
    2 points
  10. Thats pretty much how I felt to day. Things just are not going right.
    1 point
  11. MVI_7475.MP4 One piece of many minutes with this young buck. I had set out to find him and obviously did. In this clip he's challenging me with snorts and posture, not quite hoof stomping but close. Worth mentioning that we're coming into the rut now so that's influencing his behavior too.
    1 point
  12. They're attracted to flies. When I drop my fly they come running.
    1 point
  13. Just spent some time away off grid, will post a little here/there. Days spent in woods, fields, mountains, bodies of water, moss and pine needle carpeting, all types of animals, clean air, little light/air/noise pollution. Phone/tv/computer off and barely touched. Beautiful spaces I could sit at all day. You encounter and pass animals in the wild in a more natural sense. While I'm off grid I'm reminded that the borders of the grid are always expanding. Even out where I am there are signs in the distance, the arrival of yurts and glamping smh. Reminds me of the need to protect our off grid spaces, keep them secreted away to preserve them from the ignorant and the unappreciative.
    1 point
  14. Fix the forum clock while you’re at it.
    1 point
  15. Weird enough i think about tease everyonce in a while and quote him in real life with people that have no idea what a tease even is.
    1 point
  16. @NightmareOnElmStreet- The place where we go ride our dirt bikes sometimes..... allows all "off road" vehicles. So that includes all the Toyota truck crews, the jeep boiz, and the fat people in their side by sides/4 wheelers. I tell you what .... when the jeep guys are out there "bein bad ass.... doin' what jeeps and jeep owners do..." they're going like 2mph, slow af over "easy" terrain. All wearing orange/green/blue tinted oakleys and fishing shirts. It's like they shopped the LL Bean catalog and then bought a Jeep for the fam. 99% of the time the thing is a pavement princess and I bet a good deal of them NEVER do anything considered "off road". I need to drink some caffeine so I stop being salty this morning. That's my rating on Jeeps. Get you a diesel something or other w/ 4wd if you want to do some real boggin. Jeeps are a "status symbol" .... and I question how cool of a status it is that they're a symbol of. Lol. To each their own, sorry if anyone owns a jeep. ❤️
    1 point
  17. Some of y’all will dig this. I’m into it but I wouldn’t drive it if that makes any sense lol. It had that rino plasti spray head to toe. I was gonna do that to my truck wheels.
    1 point
  18. good to see you back. if we get uch more traction the australia thread might kick back into being!
    1 point
  19. Always better when they hire strippers.
    1 point
  20. 1 point
  21. Damn, now i’m just imagining having a killdozer like desk stapler or some shit like that.
    1 point
  22. You wild for that one @DETOi would never pay that kind of scratch for footwear unless I was feeling wild bold on some crazy 998 concepts or bodeg collab. And even then I prolly wouldn’t do it. Those joints though.....
    1 point
  23. New facility shoes. I should gather before and afters of my last pair six months old. Lookin like my 6 yr old ones. These feet my foot perfect and no break in required I’m keep em on rotation these ridiculous ones were $42 And I’m only wearin em at work so I can get them old ugly ass discounted ones that no one wants 🤷🏻‍♀️
    1 point
  24. guest appearance from my us freights that I've seen over the years
    1 point
  25. Gonna double post here because fuck it. I spent a good part of last night reading almost this entire thread, I started around page 24 and went to about 105. This has been like a community diary of sobriety attempts with your occasional asshole remark by somebody who came in the wrong thread or just had something slick to say. I hadn't really taken the time to do that before. The thread was the most active like 2010-2013. Lots of posters in this thread are now gone... POZ, AWAP, Sword, Swamp. Ralphy been in here dropping knowledge since the beginning, IRON CHEF too. It's interesting when you really step back and look at how many of us are struggling with sobriety in one way or another. Lots of slip ups, which is to be expected of course. Extending love to the people who aren't around anymore (on the forum) and hope everyone is doing well and were able to overcome their demons.
    1 point
  26. I've noticed this too. I'm happy I've been able to go from heavy daily to just weekend warrior, and because of that I never really considered myself an alcoholic. Especially since I can stop for a period of time with not much problem. I have noticed that I really look forward to my weekend drinks though. I'm not too concerned about putting a label on it. Honestly a good amount of the reason I'd like to stop is that pain in my liver/kidney area that I have mentioned in this thread before that happens when I drink. I'm starting to get concerned that I'm doing damage to my liver. I have been drinking since I was 15, with different amounts of use over that time; I'm coming up on 20 years of drinking. Roughly, 15-18 was weekends, 19-21 was every other day or so, 21-22 was heavy (daily), 23-28 was limited (once a month or so, those were the dope years), 29-31 was very heavy, daily, 32-now has been weekends. So it has always had a part of me in one way or another. But yeah on your list of triggers, a few of those are mine too. 'Hungry' and 'weekend' together are a definite one. Especially since I'm kinda like "can't have ribs without Heineken", "can't make Mexican without Modelo" and so forth. @fat ralphyThank you for all of the insight. Sorry about the friend and the wife, but I'm glad you're pulling through. And yeah an addict of any type will always have those thoughts like "I've done good this long, I've proven I can keep this under control"... any type of excuse is always there, lol. With covid, everything has been thrown into a loop. I know there's Zoom AA meetings and such. I'm probably just gonna try to make a better effort. Not give in to triggers, ride out the days, keep myself busy where I can. Definitely going to go running when it gets dark today, this past weekend was kind of a shitshow once again.
    1 point
  27. merged ‘Camo Fans’ with this older thread
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00