Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 08/26/2020 in all sections

1. Hey guys, hope 2020 isn't busting your balls too hard. Was just thinking this morning that its so wild how many of you guys were around back during 9/11 and now will be able to later look back and say you were on here posting for the shit show that's been 2020. Anyhow, I know a few of you noticed I'd been MIA for the better part of two months and maybe a couple of you have noticed I've been lurking and posting again for the last week or two. Assume you guys are aware of the situation, but figured I'd post an update and do another one of my updates to keep you guys looped in. The screen printing business really turned a corner these last couple months. We'd honestly been doing fairly well for a new business since what I consider the official launch; September of 2019 when the website went live and I started really doing outreach. But its interesting to see how we happen to be one of those businesses that has actually benefited from COVID. Most of the industry is in CA with a lot in the North East. Obviously those areas were hard hit with all the shutdowns and meanwhile I've engineered my life around social distancing, so we were well positioned for this mess. Couple that with a lot of relationships, colleagues and friends from my old life and that lead to us getting super slammed with work. So for like 2 - 2.5 months or so, we basically worked 90+ hour work weeks trying to keep up with a series of huge jobs that came through. Actually have a number of jobs on deck this week and next, but these are all much easier to service and we've improved out processes and efficiencies exponentially in these last months so not the avalanche of work that the preceding couple of months were. Anyhow, we've since hired 4 additional full time people and added a roster of about 5 more temp workers. We're talking to our press manufacturer about several pieces of heavy equipment we're looking into getting for next summer and will very likely be moving into a 10,000+- sq ft building sometime next year. Anyhow, its pretty wild and being honest, I've had a tough time wrapping my head around whats happening and what my next steps should be. Seen lots of companies fail when they grow too fast and likewise, 2020 is a shit show and its only going to get worse as far as my personal opinion on the subject goes. Likewise, there's a huge opportunity here that will allow for a lot of exciting things and you guys already know that I plan to funnel a lot of that success and resource back into 12ozProphet and the brand. So in regards to screen printing, I'm still looking for good help. Most permanent positions are filled for now, but we'll be staffing again in Spring, if not sooner. I'm still open to internships and part time work that can likely turn into permanent positions if it works out exceptionally well. We definitely have a good thing right now and I'm looking to continue assembling the team that's going to keep it growing and improving. Plus being located where we are and the lifestyle that all that entails has been a hugely awesome decision that seems to be validated more and more with each days news. Anyhow, if any of you are looking for a big change or know someone that sounds like a good fit, DM me or email. As for 12ozProphet, obviously I'll be around a lot more regularly, at least until the next huge drop gets dropped in my lap. Even then I think we have things pretty well dialed in so even if things go bonkers again, I should be able to maintain on here. @Kults @Mercerand @Dirty_habiThave been hitting me up from time to time with news or updates. ------------ As far as the brand and 12ozProphet... I'm definitely going to replace the main website. Been a plan for ages and I've worked off and on putting something new together. Hate leaving it as a shop only, though the challenge is always keeping a stream of worthwhile content up. If nothing else, I've always wanted to have a place to showcase some of the notable projects and stuff we've worked on and perhaps have a place to post some basic news and updates. Not sure, but definitely want it to be more than a shop. Likewise, I am still planning a podcast. Few people I had sort of helping out have mostly disappeared so will need to figure out a manageable plan, but I havent given up on that yet. Likewise, I also want to create a regular email. Once a week or so, but definitely once or twice a month. Thinking of trying to reassemble a contributor team to help out with that, but we'll see. As far as the brand / product, that's obviously going to be a big focus. We'll start to see some of the real advantage we have with the screen printing company soon enough. Obviously I managed to push out some tees over the last couple years, but as mentioned above, we're turning a corner with that side of the business so I'll reapply efforts to the brand side that'll capitalize on that. Also leveraging some relationships that are being strengthened as a result of the screen printing stuff to pull the brand through the door and open some opportunities. I need to dust off some old plans now that I have a little more to work with, but that's going to be a big part of my focus over these next months as well. Anyhow, just wanted to pop in and drop some news. Kinda cathartic to work through it and put it into a post and figure I owe it to you guys to mention whats happening. Lots of really good things, even if it seems half the world is burning. Hope you guys are all doing well.
    6 points
  2. Good to hear you're doing well Raven! Godspeed, and best from Berlin! ✌️
    4 points
  3. a rapter bronco? So basically Ford is about officiant a shot gun wedding with jeep and a Lamborghini urus?
    2 points
  4. @glorydays nigga at least plastic joints from the 99 cent store.
    2 points
  5. Them are hashbrowns Mudder. Here is how I do em - Shred the potato, box grater is fine, food processor is faster but requires more dish washing -Immediately place the shredded potato in cold water to rinse out the starch -Strain the potatoes in a colander, then spread out onto a clean, rinsed, thin dishtowel or equivalent. Wrap the towel around the potatoes kind of like a burrito and wring out the whole affair to remove water and starch -Place them in a bowl and toss in some salt -Prepare a pan to medium or maybe medium high with butter and olive oil -Spread the potatoes and form a patty, place a lid over the patty, like right over it, the diameter lid will need to be smaller than the diameter pan, this forms a little dome for the patty to steam and cook in -Cook for like ten minutes or something till the crust on the bottom holds the patty together when the pan is jerked, you do not want to rush the jerking as if you do it early you will cause the patty to separate remove the lid -To flip put a upside down plate right on top of the patty, flip the pan so the patty ends up on the plate, cooked side up and then slide the patty back on the pan -Cook until done, will be faster than the first side, add cheese if you are a teenager Or make latkes https://www.markbittman.com/recipes-1/latkes I use this recipe, more or less, if you do not have breadcrumbs, flour is fine. I still wring out the potatoes because that is how I do it. Hanger Steak, Beet Greens, Gratin Potatoes Fuck it, I am not going to edit to rotate
    2 points
  6. @misteraven- I've been watching this with my gf, it's pretty damn good. https://go.discovery.com/tv-shows/homestead-rescue Funny enough the woke culture got him last week on Aug 19th w/ stories coming out about Discovery channel having to distance themselves from the homophobic song that Marty Raney released in a 1997 album he made. Better not have ever done anything that anyone can bring back up ever. We're all living in the past these days. Anyway, Homestead Rescue is a fucking excellent show if you like living on your own land and being responsible for your own survival.
    2 points
  7. From the other day. A little post work time spent staring at trees and water.
    2 points
  8. @QaweeI'm pretty sure that's what the second picture is.
    2 points
  9. @misteravenBRO....you've been missed and I'm sorry for not keeping up with you lately...it's been busy
    2 points
  10. Gotta say this thread is really making me scratch my head. Honestly, I thought everybody on this fine forum would only be wearing the freshest kicks! Maybe I walked past the local graff shop a bit too often, which has turned into a bit of an elitist rap fashion eldorado, as it seems. Yet still I wonder: 1. how do you guys actually run in cowboy boots? 2. who the fuck actually wears cowboy boots in 2020 anyway (gotta admit I'm just jelly - never had some, would actually love some : ) 3. how is it so many of the sneakers in this thread look like they're from the nineties? 4. props to @-Rage-for daring to post that WFH outfit, looks like my grandpa from the waist down if it weren't for the fluoro green socks (wtf) 5. I see a lot of New Balance. They're super comfortable, yet everybody and their mother wears them here now, it's ridiculous. 6. too many Sk8 High's, not enough Half Cabs! 7. all you people wearing wooly socks in your sandals: if I see you walking around like that in my hood I'm gonna call the police. 8. @LUGRreally love those brown Wallabees.. they're never available like that where I live 9. I actually ordered those from US eBay once - shipping and tax fees being more expensive than the shoes - and they were too small in the end.. FML 10. there's absolutely nothing wrong with "sporty and rich" 😎
    2 points
  11. What if you were sitting in your living room watching a episode of little women Atlanta, eating a 3 piece, when all of a sudden a mf plane dives into your shit?? https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/groton-neighbors-describe-what-happened-as-plane-crashed-into-house/2320389/ My moms lives 4 houses down from this shit. This is the second time Ive seen it happen in 22 years. These people lived, astoundingly. Last time like 5 people died and washed up on the homies back lawn. I can’t imagine the wild amount of shook you’d be in if a fuckin plane crashed into your living room. W....T....F.... Last photo is mine. They gotta demo the house. But maaaaaan are these niggas finna come UP on the bank acct, gahhhhhd damn lol! Millions!
    2 points
  12. Judging by this line up you would believe I only eat bread and trash. Not entirely true.
    2 points
  13. 1 point
  14. @misteraven i got a character design for you that i ordered and i also talked to a denim maker in los angeles to make some samples I'll show you as soon as i get them in
    1 point
  15. So we found a quarter machine and I didn’t feel bad feeding 20s in there
    1 point
  16. ..by the way those do got kind of a bad rep over here as electronics have so much reliability issues I've heard, many prefer the Mercedes for conversions - looking through this thread I haven't spotted any so far - are these on the road in the US as well? You know like - old police cars lol and some oversized ones 🤟
    1 point
  17. now that's a bit harsh now isn't it
    1 point
  18. Don't you get to keep anything that falls in your yard as yours? I’ll be honest, I don’t really understand how the legal system works in this country. I think it’s unfair, needlessly confusing. I’ll give you an example. One of my next-door neighbor’s kids is climbing a tree on their property. Falls out of the tree and lands on my fence. Now I’m being told I’ve got to get myself a lawyer… if I want to keep my half of the kid. How is that fair? And who’s going to reimburse my taxidermy? -Anthony Jeselnik
    1 point
  19. Forgot one: People who travel a lot for work- if you’re bouncing between east coast and west coast a lot for work having TX as your home base can make sense. Starting at the midway point of the country really cuts down the airtime on flights to the coasts
    1 point
  20. I’m all for calling trap, but........Perhaps I’m too tired. What are we thinking here people lol??
    1 point
  21. Let’s see if I can get a couple more since you asked for 3-5. It will pretty much all be from the perspective of my city though this is a military town. There isn’t really anyone still living here that was born here. When we meet each other it’s a whole thing because it’s so rare. My main circle of friends is all people who cane here from Atlanta. I only keep in touch with maybe less than five friends from high school.. and one of them just moved to TX for a promotion funny enough. so- people come here in the military. Get out of the military. Move ‘back home’ when they begin to have kids. Or stay, buy a home with pre-approved VA home loans with 0% down and drive up the housing market. Vets can have more than one of these pre-approved 0% down home loans too so you end up with landlords jacking rent up so they can make their mortgage payments while also reducing the amount of homes for sale on the market. A lot of guys with 2+ houses in the system. Other side of that - people who grew up here leave for college and never come back. All the time. or- people who grew up here join the military and get stationed somewhere else and never come back. Again, all the time. Retirees - leave CA for states with lower/zero taxes so their pensions and SS go further. Arizona, Nevada and Florida huge for this. States where instead of taxes you pay toll roads. If you’re retired an not commuting to work you’re not going to be using those toll roads. So it’s a huge win. This is the case with Florida people looking to buy a home- want space between them and their neighbors. Acreage. Not an option here for the most part. Suburbs, apartments, and condos have everyone stacked up on each other. Having a yard and space between houses is incredibly sexy. a lot of it is tied to housing more than laws or political views I think
    1 point
  22. @Dirty_habiThad this exact convo w my barber yesterday I think it’s because people are being allowed to telework due to Covid. that salary will go so much further in other states. That graph above shows SF with the crazy graph... most of that city is tech industry. I doubt most of them will ever return to a cubicle setting. taking an SF salary and moving to Tennessee opens up the possibility of having a spouse stay at home to take care of the kids while also allowing a home with property. i think this current boom is directly related to teleworking employees being able to leave.
    1 point
  23. Since it's all bullshit and nonsense anyway, embrace slack, own it all. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/xkcd-substitutions/jkgogmboalmaijfgfhfepckdgjeopfhk
    1 point
  24. https://www.cnet.com/news/ai-confirms-50-new-planets-from-old-nasa-data-in-a-groundbreaking-first/ A.I. confirms 50 new planets... ...they're warming us up for something ?
    1 point
  25. I have small collection of Ultraboosts. Looking to get one more pair of Ultraboost Tee Times as they came out with two different patterns on the toebox. Have some old stuff from Dior Homme when Hedi was there along with denim from when he was at SLP. For the latter, denim from SS13 and AW13 collections and some stuff from his final collection in AW16.
    1 point
  26. Might as well throw in a
    1 point
  27. oh word damn they got the dad ass colorway too
    1 point
  28. @glorydays 992s coming back in new colorways. None of that hype shit either you’ll be able to get these anywhere
    1 point
  29. Had leftover chicken from last night, heated it up in the toaster over, fried an egg and hit it with chalula.
    1 point
  30. https://smittenkitchen.com/2018/06/ciambellone-an-italian-tea-cake/
    1 point
  31. Today I’m on that crack era fly shit....
    1 point
  32. I was thinking that too. I’m not too impressed with his interior, there’s a lot of high end, custom sprinter conversions that have better amenities, seating, and beds; which he could easily afford, but everyone has different tastes and needs. Plus he lives in his girlfriend’s house most of the time.
    1 point
  33. https://www.motortrend.com/news/custom-chevy-c30-truck-camper-brown-sugar-sema-photos-details/
    1 point
  34. What a relief! Didnt miss much, pretty loyal to this thread. Here are some of my favorite ones that I did....
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00