Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 06/05/2020 in Posts

1. Among the worst things I’ve seen. The police department’s statement on the matter was salt in the wound. Even the revised version is bullshit.
    4 points
  2. My place offers new sounds. There’s a kid outside on his skateboard. I love that sound
    3 points
  3. A full moon will take place on Friday night and with it, the "Strawberry Moon" will bring a penumbral lunar eclipse. The June full moon also happens to be the last full moon of spring, an occurrence that was named Strawberry Moon by the Algonquin tribes, according to NASA. The name comes from the relatively short season for harvesting strawberries in the northeastern United States. The Strawberry Moon will be close enough to opposite the sun that it will pass through part of the partial shadow of the Earth, causing an eclipse. During the eclipse, the moon will not be in the sky for most of the Americas, NASA says. The Moon will appear full for about three days, from early Thursday morning into early Sunday morning. The eclipse will be entirely visible in eastern Africa, the Middle East, southern Asia and Australia, according to Space.com. It will begin at 1:45 p.m. ET and lasts until 5:04 p.m. ET – about three hours and 18 minutes. The Strawberry Moon has also been called Mead Moon or the Honey Moon. The end of June was when honey was ripe and ready to be harvested, which made this the "sweetest" moon, according to some writings, NASA says. The tradition of calling the first month of marriage the "honeymoon" may be tied to this full moon – either because the "Honey Moon" is the "sweetest" moon of the year, or because getting married in June is a custom. Some consider this full Moon the Rose Moon, but other sources from Europeans and Native Americans also refer to it as the Flower Moon, Hot Moon, Hoe Moon, and Planting Moon, NASA says. Hindus also have traditions surrounding this lunar occurrence. During the three-day full moon, married women will show their love for their husbands by tying a ceremonial thread around a banyan tree, according to NASA. Buddhists call this full moon the Poson Poya. In Sri Lanka, the Poson holiday celebrates the introduction of Buddhism in 236 BCE. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lunar-eclipse-and-strawberry-moon-how-to-watch-friday-night/#app
    3 points
  4. Seen today in San Diego safety wire [@spencerlittleart] Magnets about 10ft off the deck
    3 points
  5. Been seeing and feeling the moon since Wednesday night. If the skies clear up I can sleep in moonlight. Or dance with the devil in it.
    3 points
  6. The takeaway is police were given a golden opportunity here because of the looting to get the general public on their side, by protecting the private property, and livelihoods of the general public. They failed miserably, and instead of cleaning up their image they’ve somehow made it look even worse. This concept is perfectly illustrated by this photo, a homeless man being shot in the face and not a damn thing being done about it by the other walking piles of human feces that witnessed this crime.
    3 points
  7. You know the vibes-----My ex fleshlight too
    3 points
  8. I watched this on Saturday Night was good. Sure I'm late to the party on this one but damn it took a dark turn didn't it?
    3 points
  9. Thank you. My reflection Shots are usually posted upside down. I’m sure you can tell.
    2 points
  10. Chris Thomas, the Mayor of Rap City on BET played the better videos, MTV RAPS was on some sucka ass Salt-n-Pepa, Heavy D & Chubb Rock steez.
    2 points
  11. Built my first pc. Wiring was a bitch but pleased with the end result! Still minor tinkering to be done
    2 points
  12. I think i'm done with you retards.
    2 points
  13. I'm trying to find a light heart right now and am seriously struggling to do so, shit like this helps for a chuckle. “I couldn’t stand seeing myself every night, before sleepy time, wearing the badges and regalia of this fucked up establishment. I had to do something. I don’t give a fuck if they’re not real — all cops are bastards, all of them."
    2 points
  14. How could you see anything but a completely callous attack on an old man? Imagine it was one of your grandparents, would you feel so indifferent?
    2 points
  15. I would be surprised if this old guys survives, given the amount of blood coming from his ear. I would say that the cop may also have a date with the magistrate. I can't see this footage not enraging the nation.
    2 points
  16. He was an old man. He posed zero physical threat to armed and armoured personnel. I don't think he expected a violent response, and neither should he have. Violence is not the only tool the police have to deal with people, especially those that are not threatening. Careful that you're not blaming the victim for something that he 100% did not deserve. He wasn't rioting, looting, etc. and now he's lying unconscious on the ground with his head cracked open. .
    2 points
  17. Tiananmen Square tank man photo review is by MAKI
    2 points
  18. puppy got into my room and pissed on a big pile of clothes so everything got washed. I have quite the arsenal of OOntz gear saw this on eBay is the is old 12 ox catalogue? wise words from a local writer bad moon rising
    2 points
  19. little further up the road into the woods and mountains and another early road crosser
    2 points
  20. 2 points
  21. Well guys, I'm bumping this thread because I'm doing something new soon for my profession. I'm entering into the consulting realm. This morning I submitted my resignation notice to my job that is secure and I'm in no danger of losing. Earlier this week I was made an offer I couldn't refuse so now I'm shaking my life up a little bit by switching jobs. I will be 100% remote for a San Francisco based medical technology company as their first Devops Engineer working directly for the CTO. I have never had a job handed to me like this before. The first interview I had was with the CEO (I didn't even know it was the CEO until the end of the call). I was very informally "interviewed" and they basically told me the job was mine if I wanted it. Have any of you done something like this, just up and changed unexpectedly. I've been fired before and had to look for another job unexpectedly, but this is different. This is weird because I feel like I'm leaving something good for something better, not leaving something shitty for something good. It's hard to walk away from something that is "good" already.
    2 points
  22. some fucking days I just can't wait for my bad lifestyle choices to lay me out...
    1 point
  23. Man, guys, I'm really torn. He went right for the penis in the hornet's nest move. It sucks but what did he expect was going to happen. The sea of officers was going to part for him like has no other human in all of ever?
    1 point
  24. Elite of the elite.... Top of the bottom of the barrel? Dude snagging his foot on the dismount was superb--reminds me of the old bmx sticker "skidding is not a trick."
    1 point
  25. photoshop To make it look like the bear riding a tiny tricycle
    1 point
  26. Jesus blumpkin shitting Christ. Get a load of these fucking herbs:
    1 point
  27. Yeah, I'm yet to go back and read what @misteravenwrote about militia, I'll also read some other qualified opinions on what the militia is for, in regards to defending the nation against tyranny. But my gut feels that this is the play that everyone has been talking about and either their missing it or they were all talk and no balls. I could be wrong. Here's what Mattis said. I'm not even American and it inspires me: In Union There Is Strength I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled. The words “Equal Justice Under Law” are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation. When I joined the military, some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside. We must reject any thinking of our cities as a “battlespace” that our uniformed military is called upon to “dominate.” At home, we should use our military only when requested to do so, on very rare occasions, by state governors. Militarizing our response, as we witnessed in Washington, D.C., sets up a conflict—a false conflict—between the military and civilian society. It erodes the moral ground that ensures a trusted bond between men and women in uniform and the society they are sworn to protect, and of which they themselves are a part. Keeping public order rests with civilian state and local leaders who best understand their communities and are answerable to them. James Madison wrote in Federalist 14 that “America united with a handful of troops, or without a single soldier, exhibits a more forbidding posture to foreign ambition than America disunited, with a hundred thousand veterans ready for combat.” We do not need to militarize our response to protests. We need to unite around a common purpose. And it starts by guaranteeing that all of us are equal before the law. Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that “The Nazi slogan for destroying us…was ‘Divide and Conquer.’ Our American answer is ‘In Union there is Strength.’” We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis—confident that we are better than our politics. Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children. We can come through this trying time stronger, and with a renewed sense of purpose and respect for one another. The pandemic has shown us that it is not only our troops who are willing to offer the ultimate sacrifice for the safety of the community. Americans in hospitals, grocery stores, post offices, and elsewhere have put their lives on the line in order to serve their fellow citizens and their country. We know that we are better than the abuse of executive authority that we witnessed in Lafayette Square. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution. At the same time, we must remember Lincoln’s “better angels,” and listen to them, as we work to unite. Only by adopting a new path—which means, in truth, returning to the original path of our founding ideals—will we again be a country admired and respected at home and abroad.
    1 point
  28. @Hua GuofangYeah man, this is different for sure. Groundswell, watershed, etc. I believe this is new for all of our lifetimes. Mattis' words reminded me why I do have pride in my nation and I hope his words of wisdom will help to carry us forward--if active duty ends up on the streets I will be ashamed of everyone of my brothers and sisters in arms that participates in the tyranny (and proud of those who defy the unconstitutional orders to do anything other than defend the citizens exercising the rights they swore to defend) I will also be laughing at how very full of shit every LARPing 2A fuckstick is when they do nothing about a tyrannical government because they're going after every amendment other than the second....
    1 point
  29. 300 blackout rounds get a buff for the m13? I know 30 isnt much but them seem to be really effective
    1 point
  30. “My ex-boyfriend died in Normandy for this?”
    1 point
  31. Also - props to @NightmareOnElmStreetfor getting us into an El-P show for free when I was in beantown years back 🤜🤛
    1 point
  32. Sometimes you can just tell the kinds of sluts that do anal prolapse, fist-to-mouth and squirt-bukake, just by looking at them. They are filth bags and radiate whorishness. Those walking sticks don't fool me for a minute.
    1 point
  33. Not at all, it came over as you intended it. I also know that I'm over-reacting a bit on the 'where's the militia' angle. Partly because what I'm seeing is affecting me a lot. I've mentioned many times my love and deep respect for the USA and my hope that it continues to be the dominant global force, because on balance, it is a force for progress and good. I also have family there, etc. etc. I also over react because I think that the idea that an armed populace is not a great answer to tyranny, you'll never outgun the state and there is no cost too high for a state to defeat challengers. It has to be done a different way. And I guess that what we're seeing now in the US is from the very first page of the tyrant's play book and if there ever was a time for people to stand up, it's now. That doesn't mean rioting or looting, it means being seen, standing side by side on the street (legally) and taking the arrest if that's what's going to happen for exercising 1A. Ok, rant over.
    1 point
  34. in case no one asked, my favorite song from my favorite band. there's a lot of ess's going on.
    1 point
  35. Best yet. Good spacing, getting some balance and flow to it. Keep doing this over and over until its as sharp as a razor, dont try to progress until you have this one in the bag.
    1 point
  36. finally grasping straight letters? tips for toys wanted! Top is first one bottom is second middle is last one
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00