Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 05/18/2020 in all sections

1. **fixed, with photo contribution because top of the page sappy nonsense didn't seem like much of a accomplishment Broke a lace. Pretty huge accomplishment for a old head like myself. Means the shredding was productive like a mf. @Dirty_habiT you have even the slightest interest in having kids, don't trip on the standard not in the place you wanna be shit. I am apparently having another one this fall. I wanted nothing to do with having children and I damn sure still don't co-sign the whole "I couldn't picture life without him/her" or "he/shes the greatest thing to ever happen to me." But. There is something about the levels of love that come along with this shit that kind of doesn't compare to anything else at all whatsoever and that's cool. My pull out game just kind of failed one day and with a chick I had zero interest in being with but I did the "Responsible respectable" thing and 6 years later I have 3 nights and her mom has 4. We live a fine comfortable life and not shit has changed. My approach differs from a fuckload of other parents and finding people on my level is next to impossible at least in my circles but it's just not terrible at the end of the day. Kids don't suck the entire universe out of your ass. They just annoy the ever living fuck out of you and it's hilarious and awesome.
    5 points
  2. Yo. Fuck the appalachian trail. I got lost on that bitch due to shitty signs, blocked trails, and turned a leisurely mile hike into a 15 mile ordeal with 4 kids under 12. On the same trip we found a couple other hikers that got lost in the woods for 3 days trying to hike the trail and ended up a 45 minute drive away from their camp site. They had run out of food and water so we put them up on our campsite and fed them before returning them to their area the next day. Edit- I wonder how many people disappear on that trail every year?
    4 points
  3. That was an awesome post @Hua Guofang. I have watched a lot of my friends have kids and "grow up" very quickly afterwards. I think it does good things to most people. I'm going to be 38 this year and I don't have any kids yet. It makes me feel like my time is running out to parent a child properly but I also have all these requirements in my head.... like I have to own something. I don't want a kid while renting a duplex. I just feel like the expense of a child right now would severely get in the way of buying land. Maybe I'm being selfish.... I dunno. I like other peoples' kids, they're wild to watch and the shit they say is hilarious most of the time. Anyway..... I got some shit accomplished. Remember the heavy duty racks I wanted to get? I got them this morning and moved them to my shop this afternoon where my dad helped me unload them. The racks did not have any grating or shelving on them so I had to cut some wood to make shelving. It came out good and I will definitely share pictures when it's done. Here's the picture from the post on craigslist where I bought it today: This is fucking beast. It takes 16 sections of 2"x6" board to fill one shelf. I got 13 boards today done. I need to buy 34 8' sections of 2"x6" to finish the rest. It's going to hold ALL of my car shit that I've accumulated over the years that is currently kinda stacked haphazardly around the shop. The 9-10 spare transmissions I have take up a lot of floor space and now they're going to go onto the racks. I guess I also "accomplished" spending some money on a circular saw since I didn't already have one.
    4 points
  4. Finished the shelving. It took $150 more in lumber today to complete. Bonus shot of rare dodge colt I have. She's dirty.
    3 points
  5. 3 points
  6. Everyone says they like the crust best until this shit shows up.
    3 points
  7. Thank you @NightmareOnElmStreet, that made me have a good chuckle.... about the kids. I should get out and ride my BMX bike more because my lack of physical activity is starting to show. I fucked up and missed the deadline for open enrollment so I don't have health insurance this year. I picked a great year to do that dumb shit btw........ so anyway, I have to be extra careful to not fuck myself up in any way because out of pocket expense will put a fuckin crater in anyone's bank account. I think the main requirement for me right now is to just get into a house and least get on mortgage payments. I think after that is done then it will be time and that isn't too far in the future. We're saving now and paying debt off. Surprisingly it's been easier since this shelter in place order because I've been saving a lot of money on not driving my truck to and from work, not eating lunch out, not eating much of anything out, and just generally not being motivated to go out and spend money anywhere. I've already weened myself off of purchasing online for the most part before any of this went down..... so this corona virus thing has done good things for Dirty's finances.
    3 points
  8. Weekend glance. Hiking. Dadding. Drinking. Skating. This man has probably seen some shit. Didn't need all that just for Saturday lunch. A busted lace hasn't happened in a long time. Good feeling. Not the best overlook peak but god dammit it was fine for outside providence. Deep in thought here wondering how far these go, how much electricity are they pumping and how exactly do they work.... No fucking clue how this boat got up here. Scanned area. Trees in every direction with no room for trucks or trailer hitches. On deck. The homie delivers. Dumpster find. I accepted for a studio prop but still might throw it away.
    3 points
  9. Got my little girl playing with other kids as our lockdown is easing. She freaked out at first, her little spot on the floor with all her toys and stuff all of a sudden had a bunch of strangers up in it. After she warmed up, one of the other little girls was trying to be nice, passing her a toy and belted her in the face with it. Other than that, it was awesome. She now gets that there are others that she will interact with, not just mum, dad and grandma. Day before we went out on a picnic. As I said, our lives are starting to return to normal now and there's no known cases in our state. However, I know a spot where no one else goes, looking over a lake and across the mountains. I hand-feed birds there and know the place pretty well. So it was a great spot for little pumpkin head to craw around, check out the wildlife and look at nice things. Has me fucked. I was never one for marrying or kids, but I hit my mid 30s and realised that it was either get with the program or be the dude who's rarely invited to things and spend the holidays by himself because everyone else has family. That was a recipe for an early death via liver cancer. Now, I can't believe how much I love this shit, even committing all the time that usually would have been my own, to the family gives a strong sense of self worth. I do worry that I've brought a child into a fucked up world, but my goal is to make the world a better place than I found it. And if I replace myself with some one that is positive, capable and virtuous then I've achieved my aim. Having a family really is fulfilling.
    3 points
  10. Not much at all. Kinda felt good to just fuck off...
    3 points
  11. So got laid off. It kinda sucks, but whatever. Since my son is off school as well, I’ve decided to load up my little Jeep patriot and hit the road. Staying primarily In a big tent at campgrounds. Hotel if needed, I’ll prolly need it ha. first spot I have is in Gulf Breeze, Fl. Kick it on the beach camping for a few days. After that we will drive along the gulf to Panama City, then north to Tallahassee. Stay at lake Talquin for a couple days. That's what Ive got booked so far. Georgia and Tennessee will be after that. Looking for recommendations at spots to stay. I’m a hammock and beer Type of camper. My son will happy if there’s water or a basketball hoop. We will have electronics and all that jazzzzzz. Food spots and lowrider stuff also welcomed.
    2 points
  12. Seeming rather general around here. Im thinking another merger is in order........
    2 points
  13. It's dead ass changed EVERYBODY. Emphasis on changed though because that part only applies to a certain era and the ones before. Young people. Kids like gen z or whatever are born thinking about this type of shit I feel. It's a good thing at the end of the day but I don't like how it invades everything else that shouldn't be so unchill. Hey, @mr.yuck I'm post poaching these days. I poked around the internet for those statistics about people gone missing from the ACT (Appalachian Trail). Couldn't really find a damn thing but individual cases and more generalized numbers across the state parks of our country. Nothing really specific to the ACT. There has to be numbers somewhere. But I did stumble upon this documentary I now want to watch.
    2 points
  14. @SchnitzelThat's that shit. I saw a documentary years ago, or maybe it was americas most wanted about a serial killer that lived on the trail while on the run. He ended up being in mad pictures with people that he met hiking through that had no idea.
    2 points
  15. There is no more chill. I think about this shit a lot. Applied to far more than just sex stuff. Not that I think being rapey is chill either. There it is right there. Fuckin auto correcting yourself into not saying some sideways shit lol.
    2 points
  16. San Diego is best of the west imo. I haven't been back for far too long now.
    2 points
  17. @SMdoubleXL First off. Let me just take this opportunity to personally thank you for coming out here just discussing shit. You are doing it right. My male perspective is as follows. @glorydayssaid it properly first. Since it is in fact 2020, we gotta cut the fat first with "was he ok with it?" LOL. No but seriously, that's what it is these days, right? Consent and feelings and all that shit. Anyways, I don't see any reason to think about this shit passed if you were fine and he was fine and you couldn't even tell anyways. Good on you taking part in a collective conquest dudes have taken all the credit for since the beginning of virginity awareness. I can't say I chased that shit but I was pretty happy to find out I got one post high school lol. I find it weird this person didn't disclose said information for a decade?? I guess dudes are a little more self conscious about still being a virgin nerd and would rather not be upfront because well the whole masculine pride thing?? Idk. Nothing wrong with stacking v-cards if that's your thing you know. Keep on clocking, fam!
    2 points
  18. @misteravenI always love the stereotypical Americans and Canadians how they think Australia so dangerous because of the lethal snakes, spiders, sharks, crocs, etc. For me, that^^^ shit is far more dangerous. I can step on a spider, kick a snake and avoid the sharks/crocs, etc. But you end up outside and out of luck for an hour in that kind of weather and you're dead. You can kill a spider but you can't kill the cold.
    2 points
  19. Posting on Ch.0 for the first time in like a decade, holy shit this is still here?!
    2 points
  20. New tires and an oil change. Sick of waiting so I walked around a pond in an industrial area by a mental hospital.
    2 points
  21. now you’re taking a piss, Canadian summer
    2 points
  22. You expect us to believe there is winter in Australia, yea ok, fuck outta here
    2 points
  23. I'll be 39 in another 2 months and am kid free. I settled years ago that not having kids is probably for the best. My wife doesnt want kids either. We enjoy a level of freedom to do as we please. Plus my wifes sister has plenty of kids. She has a set of twins and triplets and another one. We're both scared that a pregnancy might result in a litter of children. Plus we're both selfish, admittedly, and we dont want to be put into a situation where we end up resenting our children or each other.
    2 points
  24. Collecting is just a fancy word for hoarding.
    2 points
  25. co-sign on the saving money trip. I deliberately stayed away from online purchases other than books so when we come out the other side of this, we'll have some resources to enjoy - turn a negative into a positive type thing. @Schnitzelobviously, I'm much older than new dads but my wife is also considerably younger than me (*nods smugly), but she's still older than the yummy mummy crowd. Fortunately, the mother's group here had a relatively higher average age and it was the younger, more superficial mums who didn't stick around. Pity for your missus though, as that group really has been a great resource. I was able to watch all my friends that now have kids at 21 and to learn from their experiences. I'm really glad that I didnt' have kids sooner, I would have just fucked it up.
    2 points
  26. Of course, history does not dictate the future, however it hopefully informs it:
    2 points
  27. @smxxl wtf. gonna need a follow up on that....
    2 points
  28. @Dirty_habiTI was 48 and three days when my little girl was born. Would I have been ready much before I was around this age? No, I would not and I was living in part of the world that I would not force on a new child. But have I missed out on a lot because of having a kid so late? Yes. My body is starting to crap out, so by the time she's into mountain bike riding, or whatever she does, I won't be able to do it with her, and all of that kind of stuff. It's also a serious likelihood that I'll not meet my grandkids. But, whaddayado? Life is what it is and we all have very different requirements and we just gotta go with what you think is best. You're obviously a thinker and don't seem like the kind of bloke to take responsibility lightly. I'm sure that you'll make the right decision for yourself and your family, whatever that decision ends up being. BTW, great shelving system. I have some similar stuff and it's solid. I wish all of my shelving was like that, instead I wasted money buying cheaper shit and I barely trust it to hold minimal weight.
    2 points
  29. tell me you at least gave the casket a kick....
    2 points
  30. yesterday I was planning on Uber to go to work but as soon as I stepped outside I cancelled it. The fog was the thickest I’ve ever seen it here. Was worth cancelling Uber. I just wanna be outside the entire time it is foggy like this. I have a few fog/no fog pics time to get to work work after work walk did not disappoint saw this cross so I had to investigate then saw all these containers def a feral cat set up. I’m sorry....but that looks like ... is that a fucking casket!?!?
    2 points
  31. considering my state has apparently closed the borders it was trifle surprising to drive to the border along a B road ( one of only 28 total roads that lead into my state) and find not a sign not a barricade not a bored cop playing candy crush in a squad car .....nothing. was pretty cool though made it way easier to pick up the puppy
    2 points
  32. visually she's got no issues it's more the statement that creeps me out
    1 point
  33. Dude wrote a whole book on this shit: Recently did a podcast with a former colleague of mine where he discusses the CovidCrisis, armed cosplayers in state capitals, etc.: https://aca.st/9e2bf5 I've read most of the book. The dude writes really well but it's a frustrating book to read when you realise how accurate his observations are. .
    1 point
  34. added this little mofo to the fam yesterday I know in previous contribution we had a picture of a much more black one but the breeder asked if we'd change and the answer was hell yes! crappy clipper job by breeder's husband
    1 point
  35. Flatten the curve. Don't know if you did that by accident but I see a lot of people doing that.
    1 point
  36. There's some pretty uninformed arguing in the U.S. right now, as well as on here at times. More general to the U.S., I love how we get confronted by a problem we know nothing about, so we consult with an expert or experts. Then, when people don't like the answer they get, they become their own expert on the topic. I don't want to type out a whole explanation but you can't look at how the virus affected one country such as Italy and use that to generalize to how it might affect the world. At best you might be able to generalize to the population of Italy, but with the virus affecting people so differently I'd suspect they don't have the numbers in one country to generalize to any specific segment of their own population. Likewise, you can't simply say that because 5 people died in Italy and the U.S. has 10 times their population that we can expect that only 50 people in the U.S. will die. In short, that's not how science and/or statistics work, especially in cases like this. Some of the comparisons made here as well as by the gen public are nonsense if you understand any of the above. Apples & oranges as someone said. 2 unrelated things I've taken note of during this...... AIDS is a deadly disease even though treatments have gotten better/prolonged lives and shit. Anyhow, if you knowingly transmit it you could be looking at a life sentence or other undesirable consequences. So, Americans have some understanding and agreement that if you knowingly transmit a deadly disease you should be held liable and face consequences. Likewise, during this crisis if you intentionally cough on food or people you might get arrested. Might be a big assumption on my part but I have to figure some of the same people who want the country re-opened are the same people who would want to see you get a consequence if you intentionally coughed on them or items in the supermarket. Seems like there's some hypocrisy mixed up in that in terms of people's willingness to transmit disease. BTW, not trying to compare AIDS to Covid19. The other thing is we live in a society where buying shit = happiness, and much of our society is brainwashed into that. So now we see the consequences. There are people suffering who need jobs and income. But there are a lot of complainers out there who simply want to consume, they're unhappy at home not consuming more & more shit to the point that they're willing to risk illness and/or infecting others in order to feed their addiction. Sad state of affairs.
    1 point
  37. This is a tough choice. I mean you have to go with the flag shorts, right?
    1 point
  38. 1 point
  39. @+plus+DPMS Panther is the only building block you need. Then modify accordingly. Dealing w blank upper and blank lowers + kits is fun but a waste of $ now that I look back. Unless you get a paperweight lower...
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00